Vick vs Prescott?

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
Vick is a human poc, and people usually don't change. maybe Brent after drinking for hours can drive Vick home after a fight with KJ while KJ and his posse take some shots at him. yeah I said

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Saying Dak is a better passer than Vick may be true but it's like saying I'm a better passer than my wife.

My emotional side would rather lose with Dak than win with a POS like Vick.

My logical side says that come playoff time a prime Vick gives a better chance than a prime Dak.

I'd love to bait Vick into a fight in the presence of my dogs. I'd gladly take his best shot to watch him take their best shot.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Dak is x10 the person Vick could ever hope to be. A true leader of a team, student of the game, and true face of a franchise as he is out doing great things in his community. It's fine for those that feel the need to criticize his game, feel free, but you can't criticize him as a person. He certainly isn't out there burying dogs in his back yard. :mad:

kskboys

Reaction score
Vick was a game changer. We had never seen a QB like Vick before. He was like Tyreke Hill running the ball and had an arm like Jeff George.

Was he a great QB when it came to your typical Tom Brady style of QB? No.

Was he the main guy you game planned for every single week because of how many ways he could hurt you? Absolutely.
Ahem. Randall Cunningham.

kskboys

Reaction score
Saying Dak is a better passer than Vick may be true but it's like saying I'm a better passer than my wife.

My emotional side would rather lose with Dak than win with a POS like Vick.

My logical side says that come playoff time a prime Vick gives a better chance than a prime Dak.

I'd love to bait Vick into a fight in the presence of my dogs. I'd gladly take his best shot to watch him take their best shot.
It really doesn't. One dimensional QB's such as Vick are notorious for losing to playoff D's. I know Vick beat Gb, but what else did he do in the playoffs that make you say that?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Don't really care to argue between the two,
Not the same player at all.

Just don't compare things like passer ratings and completion percentages to players from somewhat different eras.
Everyone's numbers are better now, on average.
Maybe compare if a year or two apart, but not a decade or two.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
It really doesn't. One dimensional QB's such as Vick are notorious for losing to playoff D's. I know Vick beat Gb, but what else did he do in the playoffs that make you say that?
Vick is a far better playmaker with his legs and Dak is not far enough ahead with his arm to make up the difference. Dak is easier to game plan against.

Vick at least gives you a puncher's chance.

Last edited:

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Vick is a far better playmaker with his legs and Dak is not far far enough ahead with his arm to make up the difference. Dak is easier to game plan against.

If you compare their numbers Vick surpasses Prescott running the ball. And that's it.
Prescott destroys every passing metric in half the career.

kskboys

Reaction score
Vick is a far better playmaker with his legs and Dak is not far far enough ahead with his arm to make up the difference. Dak is easier to game plan against.

Not how it works. Vick will not beat you w/ his arm in the playoffs. Dak might. Vick has consistently lost in the playoffs due to being a poor passer. Vick is the one who is much easier to game plan against. Simply pen him in and hit him, and you've got him. Yes, must have speed on D, no doubt, but playoff D's mostly do.

kskboys

Reaction score
I just got done mentioning that :). Twice the career years as Prescott and that's being nice and not including the 2 Vick was in prison.
Funny thing is, there are several QB's who were easily better than Dak, why in the world would anyone pick a one dimensional runner who was mostly easy to shut down.

Those of you arguing for Vick, are you aware that he only had 2 decent seasons in his entire career, 04 and 10? His playoff wins were 02 and 04, BTW. Loooooong time ago.

W/ the Eagles, he was 8-3 as a starter in 2010. He started off well, but after a few games(I think it was 6) he went back to the same ol' crapp of taking off running all the time as the team started falling apart, culminating in 2 losses to close out the season and a playoff loss to GB.

khiladi

Reaction score
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

Can you imagine Michael Vick in this ERA, where the NFL is essentially running college-style offenses because of the rules, with the WR, OL and RG that Dak has been afforded with his whole career here and running the QB option off that?

Dak Prescott is definitely rising up the ranks though... he's soon to be number 1 in the most over-rated player in NFL history...

And no, he wasn't just known for his legs, he was known for his ability to toss the ball like 70 yards with a flick of wrist, and didn't need a wind-up like Dak Prescott that is so slow it often causes him to sail his passes behind WRS running wide open.

aHR0cHM6Ly9zcG9ydHNodWIuY2JzaXN0YXRpYy5jb20vaS9yLzIwMTcvMDgvMjMvMzQ2MzBmNzctYmU2My00M2M1LTg5OGEtZjc2YmNhNDY2NDAzL3Jlc2l6ZS8zMjB4LzU3YTViM2Y4ZDE0OWExYzVjNTJmODRjZTUyM2FkMjJiL2dpcGh5LTkuZ2lm

Last edited:

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Not how it works. Vick will not beat you w/ his arm in the playoffs. Dak might. Vick has consistently lost in the playoffs due to being a poor passer. Vick is the one who is much easier to game plan against. Simply pen him in and hit him, and you've got him. Yes, must have speed on D, no doubt, but playoff D's mostly do.
I get what you're saying. If I was a GM with a Vick as my QB I would be looking to replace him, regardless of the highlight reel runs.

The difference between planning for Dak vs Vick is that you plan for Dak by taking away certain aspects of the offense to force him to carry the load. You plan for Vick by taking HIM away so he can't carry the load. Dak wont beat you by himself while Vick just might if you don't make sure he doesn't. At the end of the day neither of them are likely to beat you but I'll take the guy who is legitimately great at one aspect over the guy who is average at best at all aspects.

I actually specified "playoffs" just because the smaller sample size increases the odds he could land that lucky punch when needed.

kskboys

Reaction score
Seriously, if you want someone to compare Dak to, think Drew Beldsoe, Flacco, Alex Smith, Garropolo, Kirk Cousins, Eli Manning, guys like that.

A flash in the pan like Vick wasn't even a good QB, and shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as long term starters.