Video: Video Breakdown of Offensive Struggles

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
That was the “first drop”, so unless he has the power of seeing the future (though he should be able to accurately gage that on 70% of the throws Dak makes, they’ll be way off target), probably not…
Wow, you'll say anything to dump on Prescott. Unfortunately for you statistical experts record factual percentages.

khiladi

Reaction score
12:10 is the play many of the Dak-stand were saying was the fault of the Center. Akoye tries to “absolve” Dak, at the same time acknowledging the throw was bad.

But on what planet can you actually qualify holding up for 4 seconds with the defender in front of you as beat, especially looking ar Dak’s mechanics and how he’s sailing forward while going threw his progressions that slowly. His footwork is horrible.

He also ignores his TE running the crossing route over the middle. How are you going to complain about how we don’t attack the middle when your Qb ignores guys running what looks to be wide open in the middle?

Like look at how many different places Dak is looking at in that slow motion? It looks likes completely lost and then just decides to throw it to Lamb..

khiladi

Reaction score
Wow, you'll say anything to dump on Prescott. Unfortunately for you statistical experts record factual percentages.

I’ve never disputed the fact Dak was a Check-down Charlie, inflating his completion percentages, particularly against zone. That and garbage time stats against soft prevent, as well.

Try and keep up.

But you are right, I do enjoy dumping on Prescott, considering how insane an idea it was to give him the keys to the Lamborghini, and be proven right as time continually demonstrates. I mean you can only have so many scape-goats for Dak, like there used to be for Garrett. Now it’s Moore’s turn…. But I like Moore... he seems to have the “it” factor…

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I’ve never disputed the fact Dak was a Check-down Charlie, inflating his completion percentages, particularly against zone. That and garbage time stats against soft prevent, as well.

Try and keep up.
There's countless examples of him going through his progressions. You choose to ignore it. I can't lead an idiot to facts.

Lmao, "garbage time." So stupid.

khiladi

Reaction score
There's countless examples of him going through his progressions. You choose to ignore it. I can't lead an idiot to facts.

Lmao, "garbage time." So stupid.

OK, that’s fine. So why do my posts bother you so much that you keep posting these direct personal attacks at my posts? Am I supposed to stop posting because my criticisms of Dak offend “Streetwise”?

I mean it’s OK for you to reference vaguely “statistical experts”, but when the countless ‘experts’ say Dak is not a progression QB and needs scheming to get the ball out in the early progressions, you aren’t ignoring it?

That’s a rhetorical question BTW and I don’t need you to answer.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
OK, that’s fine. So why do my posts bother you so much that you keep posting these direct personal attacks at my posts? Am I supposed to stop posting because my criticisms of Dak offend “Streetwise”?

I mean it’s OK for you to reference vaguely “statistical experts”, but when the countless ‘experts’ say Dak is not a progression QB and needs scheming to get the ball out in the early progressions, you aren’t ignoring it?

That’s a rhetorical question BTW and I don’t need you to answer.
Nothing you do could possible bother me, don't flatter yourself. I just think your posts are stupid. Time to change the time I waste.

khiladi

Reaction score
Nothing you do could possible bother me, don't flatter yourself. I just think your posts are stupid. Time to change the time I waste.

I mean it’s been how many years you’ve been posting in this manner, whenever I criticize Dak, saying how stupid my posts are and probably about how many times you are going stop even responding anymore.

But that’s cool.. You do you bro…

Bullet22

Reaction score
Offensive line needs to block better. too many drops....All qb's make mistakes...Dak is fine...we are a better kicker away from being 12-2...

Hadenough

Reaction score
Dak is lacking confidence. He wont work the middlw of the field unless its a safe throw. Everyonw is running button hooks so Dak doesnr have to hit a moving target. Yes we know he can do it but doing it without consistency is what will lead to turnovers.
This passing offense is only going to be as good as its QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
Even Akoye admits in the comments in his response to a poster that this video was basically meant to absolve Dak. In reality, it’s basically just saying Moore doesn’t reach down into his bag of tricks enough for his QB and it’s the OL fault.

But he will give a dog a bone, criticizing Dak with a clearly errant throw here and there to make it seem unbiased, when in reality it clearly is biased.

This schtick of blaming everybody else but Dak is like how this forum was for years with Garrett and his “offense”. Romo was trashed way more for Garrett on this forum than the newbies on this forum really understand, unless they go back through the search history and do some actual research. It’s actually comical, because most of the people on this forum were rabid defenders of his, and there wasn’t a day that went by where we had to hear about how he was the next Tom Landry and it took Landry 5 years to take the losing franchise to glory. Now they are pretending like they were Garrett bashers for years.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
Offensive line needs to block better. too many drops....All qb's make mistakes...Dak is fine...we are a better kicker away from being 12-2...

WRs that drop Herbert’s passes can’t handle the heat he puts on them, despite the accuracy. They aren’t behind the throw passes or “all QBs make mistakes” kind of throws, which is just another way to absolve Dak for his inaccuracy at the expense of his WRs.

I remember a few years back where Dak/stabs wee quoting stats like “WR drops” to absolve Dak, while ignoring stats like Dak being a top QB in DBs dropping what should have been INTs.

khiladi

Reaction score
It’s obvious why thr big plays are no longer there.

With the RG and OL no longer performing a a level that is almost impossible production to sustain through-out a season, teams aren’t throwing extra men in the box as much, and if they show it, they will drop into cover 2.

During our run, defenses would show cover 2 and Dak would just check into a run and we’d still get five yards. So when we were in third and manageable, even with a zone look, Moore just needed a quick-pass hitting play, let alone run it again. It was a pick your poison approach and every now and then, when Dak saw man on the outside with Cooper or Gallup, he would throw the go route.

Dak’s “big play” explosion was the result of elite OL play, where even when teams tried getting pressure via the blitz and would get stone-walled. This has been Dak’s career year here, which is why even in 2017 and 2018, with him playing his worst football ever as a pro, he was the highest rated QB as far as against the blitz is concerned. Blitz doesn’t mean your getting pressured, it means the defense us blitzing you, for whatever the reasons.

Like I said, now the slightest chink in the armor has exposed Dak for what he is.

THE SAME THING happened in 2019, until the Rams game, when Moore got back to running the ball again and both Zeke and Pollard rusher for over 200 yards and AD, the best defensive player in football, couldn’t even sniff the backfield, particularly when he lined up against Martin. This game was preceded by a whole stretch of horrible offensive football, when Dak got outplayed by Mitch Trubisky.

After the Rams game we decided to throw with Dak over 40 times and he couldn’t even net a TD against backup scrubs in Philly and he got outplayed by Wentz. So we don’t qualify for the playoffs. And then we decide to go with the game plan of the Rams against the Commanders, both Zeke and Pollard rush for close to 200 yards confined again and Dak has one of those deceptive QB production games.

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
The question is not, Is Dak elite? He’s clearly not.

The question is, do you believe this formula Dallas has, with this QBc enough to win the “Big Dance”. And as of this moment, it requires a type of sustained production that is very difficult to achieve without “the stars aligning”.

It is at the end of the season, when teams trends are figured out, where the elite play of guys like Brady put teams over the top. You need players, particularly at the skilled position like QB, that can compensate for inconsistent play, particularly in the playoffs.

Dak will have a game like TB, which was definitely an elite type of performance, his best game by far as a pro, but very average QB in the league can hang their hats on a game here and there. It was also a game where it was a heavy man coverage scheme, with aggressive blitzing, but Tampa couldn’t get to Dak considering how much we threw, though Dak did have good pocket presence when pressure was there.

It’s the ability to consistently produce games like this “regularly” that makes QBs elite. The last game where Dak really performed, meaning his throws were in real tight windows, was the Vikings game in 2019, but he choked at the end with horrible reads and throws in the red zone.

Last edited:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
There’s nothing wrong with this offense right now. very basic football and we’re winning. Three Road wins. We’ve beat five teams that are in the playoffs right now. We’re letting the defense have fun. The Offense will come to life when it’s time. I believe we’re playing very smart football.

Is it asking too much to ever have consistency on both sides

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

The question is, do you believe this formula Dallas has, with this QBc enough to win the “Big Dance”. And as of this moment, it requires a type of sustained production that is very difficult to achieve without “the stars aligning”.

It is at the end of the season, when teams trends are figured out, where the elite play of guys like Brady put teams over the top. You need players, particularly at the skilled position like QB, that can compensate for inconsistent play, particularly in the playoffs.

Dak will have a game like TB, which was definitely an elite type of performance, his best game by far as a pro, but very average QB in the league can hang their hats on a game here and there. It was also a game where it was a heavy man coverage scheme, with aggressive blitzing, but Tampa couldn’t get to Dak considering how much we threw, though Dak did have good pocket presence when pressure was there.

It’s the ability to consistently produce games like this “regularly” that makes QBs elite. The last game where Dak really performed, meaning his throws were in real tight windows, was the Vikings game in 2019, but he choked at the end with horrible reads and throws in the red zone.

I think the Cowboys formula for winning can win us a Super Bowl but if the formula isn’t working than the 40 million dollar player is not an answer.

The money should’ve been invested in the formula and not the guy who was a product of that.

A true system QB.

khiladi

Reaction score
You know what a clear indicator of this offense is. It’s actually the Giants game when Dak got injured.

Go look at the full play by play and see how awful Dak was throwing the ball. Then look at his the play-calling changed when Moore went heavy run, which allowed us to come back and be efficient. Then Dak get hurts, but the play-calling remains the same with Dalton, the only game Dalton actually really played with Martin, whom Zeke called THEIR BEST PLAYER ON OFFENSE in August of this year.

And Dalton throws the same go-route to Gallup you see with Dak and he catches it and puts them in FG position. It was the SAME bus driving formula…

khiladi

Reaction score
I think the Cowboys formula for winning can win us a Super Bowl but if the formula isn’t working than the 40 million dollar player is not an answer.

The money should’ve been invested in the formula and not the guy who was a product of that.

A true system QB.

If we have to go through a rebuild offensively, it’s most likely going to be downhill. With Smith facing the end of his career, the OL on the left side needs a rebuild. Zach Martin is in year 6, going on 7. Dak was afforded consistent OL play with all-pro linemen to begin his career.

What has Philbin ever done to show he could build an elite OL? This is basically the left over product of Callahan’s OL and schemes.

That’s why it was completely insanity to not give Romo his job back, at minimum in 2017. That line was phenomenal and Romo waited for that moment and tolerated so much for this cluster. It’s my firm belief now that Jerry and Stephen saw success in “dollars”, meaning they could reproduce 2016, for a million dollars a year at QB. They off-loaded Romo’s contract, but it was huge mistake as 2017 and 2018 indicated. They literally stabbed Romo in the back.

The only silver lining is it ultimately led to the chain of evens to get Amari here.

Now our defense is finally an aggressive, TO machine, but we are wallowing in offensive mediocrity with a system QB that needs everything perfect around him.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If we have to go through a rebuild offensively, it’s most likely going to be downhill. With Smith facing the end of his career, the OL on the left side needs a rebuild. Zach Martin is in year 6, going on 7. Dak was afforded consistent OL play with all-pro linemen to begin his career.

What has Philbin ever done to show he could build an elite OL? This is basically the left over product of Callahan’s OL and schemes.

That’s why it was completely insanity to not give Romo his job back, at minimum in 2017. That line was phenomenal and Romo waited for that moment and tolerated so much for this cluster. It’s my firm belief now that Jerry and Stephen saw success in “dollars”, meaning they could reproduce 2016, for a million dollars a year at QB. They off-loaded Romo’s contract, but it was huge mistake as 2017 and 2018 indicated.

The only silver lining is it ultimately led to the chain of evens to get Amari here.

Now our defense is finally an aggressive, TO machine, but we are wallowing in offensive mediocrity with a system QB that needs everything perfect around him.

Yep. That’s why I have drafting OL as our top priority.

Im glad we have Parsons. We made the right choice. We also needed Slater haha.

This team is what they are because of those guys.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score

Brady and TB literally won a Super Bowl last year using the exact same style of play the Cowboys are currently employing. Their defense was disruptive and they ran the ball well (Dallas is hopefully getting back to the latter). Brady did his part and (mostly) didn't make mistakes.