Video: Video Breakdown of Offensive Struggles

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The screen pass in the Skins gahe at 1:45 is the one I referenced in regards to the Lamb one this week. It was horrible thrown, way too hard for a screen, meaning rusher and at the upper left shoulder of the WR.

There was plenty of room their for a significant gain, but the throw was garbage.

On the next play they show with Gallup, critics of Gallup were saying he slowed up on the route across the middle, but even looking at the pass, Dak threw it on the outside of Gallup. This was despite the fact the whole team thought run, the only one that went pass was Dak.
actually that was on CD for looking up field before he caught the ball. but I get that you have an agenda to drive..... you really have to learn how to watch film

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
As for the sixth play, the “beam me up Scottie play”, how are you going to say there is nobody to throw to?

Pause at 4:22 and look at the WR who was the only guy lined up on the right side, the RB running out to the flat as a checkdown. It’s a cover 2 look and the WR looks to be OPEN, if not wide open zone, but Dak is too slow to make the read or too scared to throw it. Abd with his checkdown covered he bails from the pocket to the left and runs out of bounds.

“Getting through your progressions” doesn’t mean “I can’t throw the ball, because nobody was open”.

This seems to be just another example of Dak refusing to challenge clear cover 2 zone coverage.
you really don't understand football. do you? perhaps you should stop playing NFL Madden as its not real. its not real football. nobody was open on that play and any throw is either intercepted or defensed easily

but I get it, you have an agenda to drive....a hateful agenda

Zman5

Reaction score
This video points out what I've been saying past month. Our WR routes aren't the same as the ones we've been running earlier in the season, and we are not using as many pre snap motions also.
We are running more button hook routes that JG loved to run. We'll have multiple receivers run straight for 10 yards and just turn around. This route is very easy to defend. Baldinger even did a video break down of this few years ago and was questioning why we are doing this and pretty much said it's a garbage concept. I thought we got rid of this but now it's back and being used much more. No wonder Dak is holding on to the ball longer lately.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It’s obvious why thr big plays are no longer there.

With the RG and OL no longer performing a a level that is almost impossible production to sustain through-out a season, teams aren’t throwing extra men in the box as much, and if they show it, they will drop into cover 2.

During our run, defenses would show cover 2 and Dak would just check into a run and we’d still get five yards. So when we were in third and manageable, even with a zone look, Moore just needed a quick-pass hitting play, let alone run it again. It was a pick your poison approach and every now and then, when Dak saw man on the outside with Cooper or Gallup, he would throw the go route.

Dak’s “big play” explosion was the result of elite OL play, where even when teams tried getting pressure via the blitz and would get stone-walled. This has been Dak’s career year here, which is why even in 2017 and 2018, with him playing his worst football ever as a pro, he was the highest rated QB as far as against the blitz is concerned. Blitz doesn’t mean your getting pressured, it means the defense us blitzing you, for whatever the reasons.

Like I said, now the slightest chink in the armor has exposed Dak for what he is.

THE SAME THING happened in 2019, until the Rams game, when Moore got back to running the ball again and both Zeke and Pollard rusher for over 200 yards and AD, the best defensive player in football, couldn’t even sniff the backfield, particularly when he lined up against Martin. This game was preceded by a whole stretch of horrible offensive football, when Dak got outplayed by Mitch Trubisky.

After the Rams game we decided to throw with Dak over 40 times and he couldn’t even net a TD against backup scrubs in Philly and he got outplayed by Wentz. So we don’t qualify for the playoffs. And then we decide to go with the game plan of the Rams against the Football Team, both Zeke and Pollard rush for close to 200 yards confined again and Dak has one of those deceptive QB production games.
LOL.

the right guard. the right guard. the RIGHT GUARD i tell ya

hilarious

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
He uses RG for, "running game."
oh no, he has had multiple posts on right guard. he claims martin is key to the offense and because we have the best RG, then the OL and thus should be dominating....he is quite insistent on that

so I just mock him a bit....deservedly so....

Haimerej

Reaction score
oh no, he has had multiple posts on right guard. he claims martin is key to the offense and because we have the best RG, then the OL and thus should be dominating....he is quite insistent on that

so I just mock him a bit....deservedly so....

I'm sure he's a fan of Martin, but in this context he's referring to the running game. This isn't the first time he's used that abbreviation.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Schultz was wide open for a TD. The flat defender stayed shallow enough for the levels concept to work. Dak didn't anticipate and moved off that read to his right too soon.
ahhhh, no, watch it again. Schultz looked open, but defender was facing him, hips forward toward schultz, waiting to jump the pass. he would have been there before the ball got there....no one was open...Dak looked left first, didn't see it and then looked right. nothing was open so he scrambled left.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm sure he's a fan of Martin, but in this context he's referring to the running game. This isn't the first time he's used that abbreviation.
I know....I am just mocking him....

ask him what his point is with all of this? he never answers...he just find a fault here. a fault there and just hammers at it.

I asked him what is your alternative to Dak since you don't like that... no answer.

he has no answer. just hates Dak. period. he was a big romo fan. and since then he just hasn't been the same and been consistently bashing Dak every chance he gets...

Haimerej

Reaction score
ahhhh, no, watch it again. Schultz looked open, but defender was facing him, hips forward toward schultz, waiting to jump the pass. he would have been there before the ball got there....no one was open...Dak looked left first, didn't see it and then looked right. nothing was open so he scrambled left.

Not if Dak makes the throw as he makes his break and leads him to the sideline. The defender is 7 yards away from Schultz when he makes his break. No defender is covering a well thrown ball in that situation. The QB has to anticipate the break and make that throw.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I know....I am just mocking him....

ask him what his point is with all of this? he never answers...he just find a fault here. a fault there and just hammers at it.

I asked him what is your alternative to Dak since you don't like that... no answer.

he has no answer. just hates Dak. period. he was a big romo fan. and since then he just hasn't been the same and been consistently bashing Dak every chance he gets...

That can all be true, but if his arguments are bad they should be easily refuted. His personal like or dislike of a player doesn't have anything to do with whether his argument has merit.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That can all be true, but if his arguments are bad they should be easily refuted. His personal like or dislike of a player doesn't have anything to do with whether his argument has merit.
oh, they have been refuted. they have no merit..... i mean read his first comment...the ball was thrown too hard so CD couldn't catch it. really!!! really!!.... that's ridiculous onto itself...but if you actually watched the video you can clearly see that CD turned his head before he caught the ball... a big no no for NFL WRs...

there is 100s of examples like that.....

so I have a little fun with him....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not if Dak makes the throw as he makes his break and leads him to the sideline. The defender is 7 yards away from Schultz when he makes his break. No defender is covering a well thrown ball in that situation. The QB has to anticipate the break and make that throw.
ticky, tacky....if that's play design..clearly... Schultz was supposed to run route, hook and turn around sit for the ball and defender was there.....if you also looked, you would see two defenders in the path of the pass, so the play was for other WR to also run his route, clear the path for the pass....

this is not madden NFL....

also, in that case, I rather have him be conservative than make that throw that might be intercepted...too close to the endzone. a game we can win with field goals. take the points.

Haimerej

Reaction score
ticky, tacky....if that's play design..clearly... Schultz was supposed to run route, hook and turn around sit for the ball and defender was there.....

"Hook"? No. He was clearly running an out or a flag, which is what you'd expect against a cover 2. You attack cover 2 safeties either in the middle of the field or the sidelines. Just because Akoye said they were all hooks doesn't make it so.

Also, there's option routes which, against zone coverages, tend to stop in the holes and look like they called nothing but hooks. But as regards Schultz, he's clearly breaking out and not stopping.

also, in that case, I rather have him be conservative than make that throw that might be intercepted...too close to the endzone. a game we can win with field goals. take the points.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of our QB. Probably why we're sitting at 25 in the red zone.

Haimerej

Reaction score
if you also looked, you would see two defenders in the path of the pass, so the play was for other WR to also run his route, clear the path for the pass....

this is not madden NFL....

I agree, this isn't Madden. Those defenders you're referring to, "in the path of the pass," would have to make some Madden-type leaps to affect that pass. Like I said earlier, the flat defender is shallow enough to have no shot at covering Schultz.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
"Hook"? No. He was clearly running an out or a flag, which is what you'd expect against a cover 2. You attack cover 2 safeties either in the middle of the field or the sidelines. Just because Akoye said they were all hooks doesn't make it so.

Also, there's option routes which, against zone coverages, tend to stop in the holes and look like they called nothing but hooks. But as regards Schultz, he's clearly breaking out and not stopping.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of our QB. Probably why we're sitting at 25 in the red zone.
regardless, the passing lanes were not really there, that's why he looked to the left and quickly went off of it. I wish there was another camera angle to see it...but there was two players to where schultz was....

and right now, I want wins. I am not looking for annihiliation like most folks want and still nit pick....

the offense is not in sync. needs to get in sync. some like to place 118% of the blame on Dak. I don't have an agenda. I am realist. I acknowledge that Dak needs to be better, but so the WRs, OL, Moore......

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I agree, this isn't Madden. Those defenders you're referring to, "in the path of the pass," would have to make some Madden-type leaps to affect that pass. Like I said earlier, the flat defender is shallow enough to have no shot at covering Schultz.
actually, they don't. it was clear from the angle in the camera that there were two players there....no leaps required. and if you have to loft it over them (instead of driving it through them like madden), then it gives defender more time to get to the ball. you can't have it both ways....which you are trying to...

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Brady and TB literally won a Super Bowl last year using the exact same style of play the Cowboys are currently employing. Their defense was disruptive and they ran the ball well (Dallas is hopefully getting back to the latter). Brady did his part and (mostly) didn't make mistakes.

Dallas isn't running the ball well. Hasn't run the ball well since before the Denver game.