Video: Video Breakdown of Offensive Struggles

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
your quote and other comments in this very thread.

"Schultz was wide open for a TD. The flat defender stayed shallow enough for the levels concept to work. Dak didn't anticipate and moved off that read to his right too soon."

if you watched the film...I mean really watched and not made assumptions....Schultz makes the cut at the 7, so your whole argument is that the ball should have been thrown before then....and you can clearly see on the 4.24 mark of the video as he makes his cut the defender moves toward him to close the gap....so leading him as you said, with defender moving in the same direction and your assumption is defender would miss the tackle perhaps. I am nto sure what you mean that he was WIDE open for TD!!!??

and as I have tried to teach you all along, at that very moment look on the top side of the video and you can clearlyly see (take your biased glassed off) that there are two reciever one open and with a bigger distance between him and the defenders and if Dak would have made that throw, to the outside, when reciever is turned and looking at him on the 10 yard line and the saftey on the 2 yard line, its a much easier throw and much easier path to the endzone. Dak missed that throw.....

the part you missed and you made assumptions and you are trying to hammer a square peg in a round hole....Dak moved from the left to the right way before schultz was open and made his cut and went to his right....right before Dak moved to the right, Schultz was covered and didn't seem to be coming open..... so the Play was to go to the higher probability play on the right, with 2 recievers and a CB isolated on both..

learn football son. put your bias away. put your agenda away. then you will see and understand better..

yes, I have said it multiple times. this play was missed because Dak missed a throwing window to a wide wide open recievers with noone in the passing lane on the top of the play on the right. it was the right move Dak made moving away from the left side instead of just staying with it to let the play maybe develop, maybe not...your problem is you are looking at after the fact. I am looking at it as its transpiring and how a QB must think through his progressions.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Sure. Cite me an example of the play working as you said it's intended. I literally gave you a former NFL coach breaking down the exact play they ran in the exact way I've been saying. He even says it's designed to beat the exact coverage they're running it against.

But sure. You're really educating me.
watch the first 6 games. these type of plays worked plenty...Dak is now either gun shy or unsure, where earlir in the year he made those throws....

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Newsflash

They dont trust Dak throwing down the middle or red zone.

There analysis over.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
That is complete nonsense.
your quote. so shoud he have made the short throw? or the throw to Schultz? why are you ignoring the throws to the right?

So you're completely changing what I said.

You act as though I said Dak needed to throw to Schultz inside. What did I say? I said he should have thrown to the 5 yard line near the sideline. Here, I'll quote myself... again...

If the pass is thrown to the 5 yard line near the sideline there isn't a defender on the field who could cover that.

This debate and argument is done. you are clearly trying to be on both sides of the fence and you have contradicted yourself multiple times, either trying to prove Dak was bad on this play because of what you are saying (which he was bad but for different reason) or trying to just win an argument and you are changing your reasoning from comment to comment...

DONE

Haimerej

Reaction score
your quote and other comments in this very thread.

"Schultz was wide open for a TD. The flat defender stayed shallow enough for the levels concept to work. Dak didn't anticipate and moved off that read to his right too soon."

if you watched the film...I mean really watched and not made assumptions....Schultz makes the cut at the 7, so your whole argument is that the ball should have been thrown before then....and you can clearly see on the 4.24 mark of the video as he makes his cut the defender moves toward him to close the gap....so leading him as you said, with defender moving in the same direction and your assumption is defender would miss the tackle perhaps. I am nto sure what you mean that he was WIDE open for TD!!!??

and as I have tried to teach you all along, at that very moment look on the top side of the video and you can clearlyly see (take your biased glassed off) that there are two reciever one open and with a bigger distance between him and the defenders and if Dak would have made that throw, to the outside, when reciever is turned and looking at him on the 10 yard line and the saftey on the 2 yard line, its a much easier throw and much easier path to the endzone. Dak missed that throw.....

the part you missed and you made assumptions and you are trying to hammer a square peg in a round hole....Dak moved from the left to the right way before schultz was open and made his cut and went to his right....right before Dak moved to the right, Schultz was covered and didn't seem to be coming open..... so the Play was to go to the higher probability play on the right, with 2 recievers and a CB isolated on both..

learn football son. put your bias away. put your agenda away. then you will see and understand better..

yes, I have said it multiple times. this play was missed because Dak missed a throwing window to a wide wide open recievers with noone in the passing lane on the top of the play on the right. it was the right move Dak made moving away from the left side instead of just staying with it to let the play maybe develop, maybe not...your problem is you are looking at after the fact. I am looking at it as its transpiring and how a QB must think through his progressions.

This doesn't address me ever saying he should have cut to the inside. That was a lie. Here's my second post on the topic-

Not if Dak makes the throw as he makes his break and leads him to the sideline. The defender is 7 yards away from Schultz when he makes his break. No defender is covering a well thrown ball in that situation. The QB has to anticipate the break and make that throw.

What I bolded reads like insanity. I literally said he left his read too soon. That was my criticism. He should have anticipated Schultz becoming open as the route dictates. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Nice attempts at obfuscation, but the record is clear.

Haimerej

Reaction score
your quote. so shoud he have made the short throw? or the throw to Schultz? why are you ignoring the throws to the right?

So you're completely changing what I said.

You act as though I said Dak needed to throw to Schultz inside. What did I say? I said he should have thrown to the 5 yard line near the sideline. Here, I'll quote myself... again...

If the pass is thrown to the 5 yard line near the sideline there isn't a defender on the field who could cover that.

This debate and argument is done. you are clearly trying to be on both sides of the fence and you have contradicted yourself multiple times, either trying to prove Dak was bad on this play because of what you are saying (which he was bad but for different reason) or trying to just win an argument and you are changing your reasoning from comment to comment...

DONE

I literally said he should throw to the 5 near the sideline the whole time. You're failing here.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This doesn't address me ever saying he should have cut to the inside. That was a lie. Here's my second post on the topic-

What I bolded reads like insanity. I literally said he left his read too soon. That was my criticism. He should have anticipated Schultz becoming open as the route dictates. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Nice attempts at obfuscation, but the record is clear.
ok, I am not done.

what I did explain that the play design seems to have been for the two recievers on the right. the look to the left, the bunch formation, etc. was to hold the safties and LBs allowing the recievers on that side to stay open. you are insisten that the play should have been to the left./ stayed on the left and should have never looked to the right...is that your point?

tell me again, why wasn't there a play on the right? why aren't you looking at the right side of the formation? why are you ignoring the right side of the play design?

like I said, you are hung up on trying to prove you are right, making ton of assumptions along the way

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I literally said he should throw to the 5 near the sideline the whole time. You're failing here.
no you have failed, but contradicting yourself....now you say all along he should have thrown to near sideline. you are also arguing in the very next post he should have waited for the play to develop. and I quote

"I literally said he left his read too soon. "

so you literally said, he should throw to the 5 near the sideline the whole time and you literally said "I literally said he left his read too soon. "

YOU LITERALLY SAID TWO CONTRADICTING STATEMENTS

so are you advocating for him to make a quick throw or did he leave his read too soon?. you want to have it both ways living on both sides of the fence...you can't....

forget about the right side, we will get to that

Haimerej

Reaction score
watch the first 6 games. these type of plays worked plenty...Dak is now either gun shy or unsure, where earlir in the year he made those throws....

Nice dodge. I asked for an example of using a valid concept which works on the initial read yet choosing to go backside. But specifics aren't your friend. Walls of text and desperate attempts to exhaust me aren't powerful enough distractions.

Haimerej

Reaction score
ok, I am not done.

what I did explain that the play design seems to have been for the two recievers on the right. the look to the left, the bunch formation, etc. was to hold the safties and LBs allowing the recievers on that side to stay open. you are insisten that the play should have been to the left./ stayed on the left and should have never looked to the right...is that your point?

tell me again, why wasn't there a play on the right? why aren't you looking at the right side of the formation? why are you ignoring the right side of the play design?

like I said, you are hung up on trying to prove you are right, making ton of assumptions along the way

It's the backside of the initial read, which worked. This isn't hard.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Nice dodge. I asked for an example of using a valid concept which works on the initial read yet choosing to go backside. But specifics aren't your friend. Walls of text and desperate attempts to exhaust me aren't powerful enough distractions.
I will get you quite a few examples...I don't have them stored on a memory stick in my pocket....

but since you are lazy...I will show you a few...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's the backside of the initial read, which worked. This isn't hard.
apprantley this is utterly difficult for you.

so what about the patterns and play on the right side of the formation? or is that too much for you to digest at this time? you are only stuck on half the field and can't comprehend a play utilizing the whole field

Haimerej

Reaction score
no you have failed, but contradicting yourself....now you say all along he should have thrown to near sideline. you are also arguing in the very next post he should have waited for the play to develop. and I quote

"I literally said he left his read too soon. "

so you literally said, he should throw to the 5 near the sideline the whole time and you literally said "I literally said he left his read too soon. "

YOU LITERALLY SAID TWO CONTRADICTING STATEMENTS

so are you advocating for him to make a quick throw or did he leave his read too soon?. you want to have it both ways living on both sides of the fence...you can't....

forget about the right side, we will get to that

I'm saying there was no reason to come off his read as soon as he did. Rushing your reads is a common problem for QBs. You're acting like I'm speaking Chinese.

Haimerej

Reaction score
apprantley this is utterly difficult for you.

so what about the patterns and play on the right side of the formation? or is that too much for you to digest at this time? you are only stuck on half the field and can't comprehend a play utilizing the whole field

Again- they are the backside play. The initial read was to his left. They ran a concept to his left which worked. He left the read too soon. There was no pressure, as you agreed. Your proposal that the intent for the play was to go backside is post hoc based on Gallup being open for a second.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I will get you quite a few examples...I don't have them stored on a memory stick in my pocket....

but since you are lazy...I will show you a few...

It's not my duty to support your nonsense. Not sure I've ever accused someone of laziness for not doing my own research.

Haimerej

Reaction score
It's also hilarious that you're accusing me of bias or just wanting to be right when you literally made this about more than 1 play being evaluated.

The only bias I have is knowing the concept and defending what my eyes see. You can't deal with someone who knowingly disagrees with your wrong opinion. You see agendas. You see bias. I'm just here talking football.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm saying there was no reason to come off his read as soon as he did. Rushing your reads is a common problem for QBs. You're acting like I'm speaking Chinese.
not chinese on the contrary...perhaps greek to you. but you also have dismissed the one fact that QBs also use their eye to hold safties and LBs while the play develops....and it clearly showed on this that the play was designed to do just that.....specially that there were two recievers on the right. if it was only one reciever on the right, I would have been inclined to say that yes.....there have also been plenty of plays like that during the year...I never said there wasn't.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Again- they are the backside play. The initial read was to his left. They ran a concept to his left which worked. He left the read too soon. There was no pressure, as you agreed. Your proposal that the intent for the play was to go backside is post hoc based on Gallup being open for a second.
the recievers on the right were open far more than a second....this is your agenda and bias speaking because you want to prove yourself right.....