Video: Video Breakdown of Offensive Struggles

Haimerej

Reaction score
not chinese on the contrary...perhaps greek to you. but you also have dismissed the one fact that QBs also use their eye to hold safties and LBs while the play develops....and it clearly showed on this that the play was designed to do just that.....specially that there were two recievers on the right. if it was only one reciever on the right, I would have been inclined to say that yes.....there have also been plenty of plays like that during the year...I never said there wasn't.

As you said earlier, he held the safeties initially by looking forward. You're simply refusing to acknowledge a well known offensive concept.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It's not my duty to support your nonsense. Not sure I've ever accused someone of laziness for not doing my own research.
neither is mine to support yours, which I don't. you clearly contradicted yourself multiple times on this post.....I did the breakdown, second by second for you and you refuse to open your eyes and see. your response was...yeah, on the right gallup was open for a second....to dismiss the fact, he was wide open and had a better chance and path to the endzone than schultz which you claim was WIDE OPEN....then if schultz is wide open, gallup is super wide open...there is no refuting that from the video...all he had to do was lead gallup and he would waltz to the end zone

Haimerej

Reaction score
the recievers on the right were open far more than a second....this is your agenda and bias speaking because you want to prove yourself right.....

I literally posted a video of an NFL coach breaking down the exact play saying it's used to beat that exact coverage. Why are you ignoring that?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
As you said earlier, he held the safeties initially by looking forward. You're simply refusing to acknowledge a well known offensive concept.
and aren't you doing the same. he looked forward to hold safties, then he looked left (I said that too) and caused LBs and safties to start to move left, while allowing the backside patterns to complete and then he came back to the right because the saftey was too deep, the CB caught in the middle, the LB turned away from that side....I said all of that in the breakdown...he missed the opportunity to throw when gallup was wide wide wide open and could have waltzed to the endzone.

Haimerej

Reaction score
neither is mine to support yours, which I don't. you clearly contradicted yourself multiple times on this post.....I did the breakdown, second by second for you and you refuse to open your eyes and see. your response was...yeah, on the right gallup was open for a second....to dismiss the fact, he was wide open and had a better chance and path to the endzone than schultz which you claim was WIDE OPEN....then if schultz is wide open, gallup is super wide open...there is no refuting that from the video...all he had to do was lead gallup and he would waltz to the end zone

Gallup ran a hitch and sat in the zone. Schultz ran a corner. Completely different route. You're ignoring the evidence I've presented so you can stay in your fantasy as the, "educator."

There's not a single contradiction if you can understand grammar.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I literally posted a video of an NFL coach breaking down the exact play saying it's used to beat that exact coverage. Why are you ignoring that?
did the coach talk to moore? does he know the play design? it was obvious that given how Dak played this one play, it was designed for Dak to have multiple reads, go through quickly and his last read was on the right and he just didn't make the throw...he was gun shy for some reason...that's on Dak

Haimerej

Reaction score
and aren't you doing the same. he looked forward to hold safties, then he looked left (I said that too) and caused LBs and safties to start to move left, while allowing the backside patterns to complete and then he came back to the right because the saftey was too deep, the CB caught in the middle, the LB turned away from that side....I said all of that in the breakdown...he missed the opportunity to throw when gallup was wide wide wide open and could have waltzed to the endzone.

Your breakdown was meant to support your preconceived, post hoc evaluation of the play.

When I saw that play, I knew exactly what concept they were running. I commented on what happened. If he hits the corner route in stride that is likely a TD. That's how the play is designed. I even gave you a breakdown of the play and what it works against. But you're going on and on trying to obfuscate, hoping the basic facts of the argument get lost in the nonsense.

Haimerej

Reaction score
did the coach talk to moore? does he know the play design? it was obvious that given how Dak played this one play, it was designed for Dak to have multiple reads, go through quickly and his last read was on the right and he just didn't make the throw...he was gun shy for some reason...that's on Dak

You're being comical now.

I guess no coach can ever truly understand film study. I mean, did they ask the other coaches what they were trying to do?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

That's pretty much the play they ran. Notice the reads he points out. Notice how he says it beats cover 2.

Before it becomes a thing- levels usually go inside. My general point is that they attack different levels of the field. I'll take the hit if we're going to be picky with terms.

this only limitedly explains the play. Ryan never even talked about the whole defensive line up and the two WRs on the other side of formation. his contention was play is designed to go to one side and one side only and nothing else is considered in his description.

sorry, you are way too limited in your understanding of concepts. it only partially explained how you read the plays and react to it...partially...not the whole offensive scheme and how you read it and react..

this proves nothing, except you have some limited conceptual understanding of football

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Your breakdown was meant to support your preconceived, post hoc evaluation of the play.

When I saw that play, I knew exactly what concept they were running. I commented on what happened. If he hits the corner route in stride that is likely a TD. That's how the play is designed. I even gave you a breakdown of the play and what it works against. But you're going on and on trying to obfuscate, hoping the basic facts of the argument get lost in the nonsense.
and I broke it down for you as well that the play design was to go to the right. it set up the defense perfectly, specially the the 5th reciever came off of back field, holding the LBs in place in the middle fearing a run. he went into his route while gallup ran deeper route...at the same time Dak held the safties in place, allowing CB to follow gallup and reciever in the back field (couldn't read the number) to fill the space he was in and thus forcing the CB to make a decision.

your contention is this was a design only for the left side and left side only and only use the left side of the field....I said it before, this was a great design by Moore, pressuring the defense and forcing them to take their poison. Dak and the rest of the recievers played it perfectly, except Dak didn't pull the trigger. not sure why.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I've stayed consistent. There is nothing at all inconsistent about wanting him to anticipate Schultz's pattern to continue to develop and not leave him too soon. Also, a well thrown ball leading him to the sideline away from the safety could easily be a TD.

Again, watch the video I posted. It is the exact play they ran. It's designed to beat Cover 2, which is the exact coverage they ran. Ryan explained the read and how it stretches the CB. In this situation the CB stayed low.
again, I didn't say there weren't plays he should have stayed until it developed (which some criticize dak for being a one read QB).....but this particular play played out as designed, got the recievers open, put the defense in bad position..you are saying he should have stayed and forced it to the left and left only and totally ignore the right side (perhaps your point is the recievers on the right were decoys)...

Haimerej

Reaction score
and I broke it down for you as well that the play design was to go to the right. it set up the defense perfectly, specially the the 5th reciever came off of back field, holding the LBs in place in the middle fearing a run. he went into his route while gallup ran deeper route...at the same time Dak held the safties in place, allowing CB to follow gallup and reciever in the back field (couldn't read the number) to fill the space he was in and thus forcing the CB to make a decision.

your contention is this was a design only for the left side and left side only and only use the left side of the field....I said it before, this was a great design by Moore, pressuring the defense and forcing them to take their poison. Dak and the rest of the recievers played it perfectly, except Dak didn't pull the trigger. not sure why.....

My contention is that the right side of the field was the backside of the play and he left his initial read too soon. Again... watch the Ryan video. The QB reads the defender. The reads start with Schultz as the 1, Coop 2nd, and Clement 3. When he sees that CB stay shallow, he knows Schultz will be open on his break. This is a well known concept which is broken down completely. Please watch that video because all your questions will be answered.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You're being comical now.

I guess no coach can ever truly understand film study. I mean, did they ask the other coaches what they were trying to do?
no, the coach explained partial concept of a QB read based on a limited piece of what he was explaining on the defense. for somone like you it would seem like he was explaining the formation you saw. in your video, he never addressed the other saftey and LBs in the formation....he was explaining a partial concept, not the whole play...I can understand for someone like you, that's how you have to digest the information, given you saw this video and your insistence that the play we saw was only on the left side, should have stayed on the left side and there were no other options available.

I think its making sense to me now...so for your learning information, a pass play design doesn't necessarily need to be limited to one side of the play, you can actually utilize the whole field

Haimerej

Reaction score
again, I didn't say there weren't plays he should have stayed until it developed (which some criticize dak for being a one read QB).....but this particular play played out as designed, got the recievers open, put the defense in bad position..you are saying he should have stayed and forced it to the left and left only and totally ignore the right side (perhaps your point is the recievers on the right were decoys)...

Not decoys, just not the primary read. You keep presenting these ideas as if they're mutually exclusive. Sometimes your initial read works and there's no need to go backside, e.g. the play we're discussing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
My contention is that the right side of the field was the backside of the play and he left his initial read too soon. Again... watch the Ryan video. The QB reads the defender. The reads start with Schultz as the 1, Coop 2nd, and Clement 3. When he sees that CB stay shallow, he knows Schultz will be open on his break. This is a well known concept which is broken down completely. Please watch that video because all your questions will be answered.
and you would be wrong. my contention is the play was designed to go to the right, he didn't leave his read too soon and he just didn't pull the trigger.

I did watch the video, it only partially explains a defense against that type of formation and what the QB sees on that side....it doesn't explain how a defense would see/react, defend the whole field....in your own video, Ryan totally ignored the two recievers he has on the board on the other side.

again, its your limitation of understanding a full football field passing offensive scheme.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Not decoys, just not the primary read. You keep presenting these ideas as if they're mutually exclusive. Sometimes your initial read works and there's no need to go backside, e.g. the play we're discussing.
ok, and I have said it, its not mutually exclusive....you said, he came off too soon. but I have said it. its in the video. he came off when early in the play Schultz was covered, went to the right, play was open, he didn't make the throw.....they are not mutually exclusive....the play as I said worked to almost perfection. player was wide open, early in the play design and Dak didn't throw the ball. that's on Dak

Haimerej

Reaction score
this only limitedly explains the play. Ryan never even talked about the whole defensive line up and the two WRs on the other side of formation. his contention was play is designed to go to one side and one side only and nothing else is considered in his description.

sorry, you are way too limited in your understanding of concepts. it only partially explained how you read the plays and react to it...partially...not the whole offensive scheme and how you read it and react..

this proves nothing, except you have some limited conceptual understanding of football

Dude... just because he didn’t talk about the backside doesn't invalidate the concept.

Again, I've stated this over and over, cover 2 is the exact defense they're running against. Don't ignore that so you can act like the backside of a play is the initial read.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Gallup ran a hitch and sat in the zone. Schultz ran a corner. Completely different route. You're ignoring the evidence I've presented so you can stay in your fantasy as the, "educator."

There's not a single contradiction if you can understand grammar.
I know what they ran....gallup was wide open and just like you said, if he just leads gallup to the sideline....he has a much much much easier time of getting to the end zone....

sorry. you do need to be educated. you are able to only digest so much at a time. like I said, your whole argument ignores half the play design.....your only argument a Ryan video covering only part of the whole scheme of things....

Haimerej

Reaction score
ok, and I have said it, its not mutually exclusive....you said, he came off too soon. but I have said it. its in the video. he came off when early in the play Schultz was covered, went to the right, play was open, he didn't make the throw.....they are not mutually exclusive....the play as I said worked to almost perfection. player was wide open, early in the play design and Dak didn't throw the ball. that's on Dak

Ok. Die on that hill.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dude... just because he didn’t talk about the backside doesn't invalidate the concept.

Again, I've stated this over and over, cover 2 is the exact defense they're running against. Don't ignore that so you can act like the backside of a play is the initial read.
I didn't say backside is the initial read, he did look to the left, , froze the safties in place, recievers got open on the right. he turned right, caught the CB in a quandry. should have pulled the trigger. didn't. don't ignore that fact.

all you are trying to do is prove yourself right, ignoring facts and sticking to partial analysis. it was obvious when you said Schultz is wide open for a TD, but hey Gallup was open for a second only....yeah, right