VIDEO: Cowboys Forced to Reveal New Stadium Plans

mute_city

Reaction score
I haven't seen a post on this before, but the local Fox affiliate here in DFW showed some of plans for the new Cowboys Stadium. I've attached a link below to a streaming video of the report. My wife and I were amazed at how much Texas Stadium is reflected in these designs. I wish I could find some pictures of the plans, but I think all Cowboys fans are going to be pleased with the new stadium.

Cowboys Reveal Plans for New Stadium

[Edit] I can't be sure that this link is of the report they showed tonight on their 6 pm news; I'm having trouble streaming the video on this site. I went ahead and removed it from the post. However, I did manage to get it TiVo'ed and I can pull the video off and post it on YouTube later. [/Edit]

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I live in arlington, pay for the stadium, and voted to get it here.

The Cowboys excuse for not releasing the plans is bogus and everyone knows it.

That being said - the Star Telegram just wants a story - they don't care if we citizens deserve to see it or not.

I don't care to see it - I want to be surprised.

mute_city

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with you on the bogus reasoning by the Cowboys. However, I just wanted to point out how the plans for the new stadium reflect some tradition. I thought it was just about the greatest thing since my wedding night.

mute_city

Reaction score
theogt;1155085 said:
Link removed? What the?

I went ahead and removed the link because it wasn't to the story I'm talking about. I'm getting the video ripped now and I'll get it hosted soon.

DakAttack

Roy Williams
Reaction score
I'm not not to thrilled with the initial drawings of the new stadium. It definately has a spaceship look to it.

StylisticS

Reaction score
It looks like the 21st century of Texas Stadium. Therefore, just call it, Texas Stadium like the St. Louis Cardinals are did for their new stadium. I will disappointed if Jerry sells out and the stadium is named HEB Stadium or something.

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
mute_city;1155086 said:
I went ahead and removed the link because it wasn't to the story I'm talking about. I'm getting the video ripped now and I'll get it hosted soon.

man I so dig your sig. copied it, if you don't mind

cowboys19

Reaction score
I hope its called Nike Stadium;)

With a Huge Star, and Swoosh on the side of the stadium
would look sweet

JMHO

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
StylisticS;1155208 said:
It looks like the 21st century of Texas Stadium. Therefore, just call it, Texas Stadium like the St. Louis Cardinals are did for their new stadium. I will disappointed if Jerry sells out and the stadium is named HEB Stadium or something.
Agreed. It looks strikingly similar to Texas Stadium. I like it.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
http://img182.*************/img182/1772/captd0968bde61724218a59ya4.jpg
TV videographer Juan Renteria tapes the cover of the building blueprints of the planned Dallas Cowboys football stadium in Arlington, Texas, Friday, Nov. 10, 2006. A local newspaper sued to have the City of Arlington allow media access to the blueprints. According to Cowboys Stadium L.P., the actual plans are copyrighted material and cannot be reproduced.

mute_city

Reaction score
thekavorka;1155257 said:
how much of the cost of the stadium is paid for by the city?

The good citizens of Arlington agreed to pay for half of the $650 million price tag.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Crown Royal;1155065 said:
I live in arlington, pay for the stadium, and voted to get it here.

The Cowboys excuse for not releasing the plans is bogus and everyone knows it.

That being said - the Star Telegram just wants a story - they don't care if we citizens deserve to see it or not.

I don't care to see it - I want to be surprised.

I wish my tax $$$$ to San Antonio could be sent directly to play for my Cowboys new home.......that would be great!

Thank you for helping out the Cowboys!

Wood

Reaction score
I am writing a letter to our congressmen here in New Jersey to see if some of our tax dollars can be diverted to Arlington to help build this next great stadium.

cowboyed

Reaction score
mute_city;1155070 said:
Yeah, I agree with you on the bogus reasoning by the Cowboys. However, I just wanted to point out how the plans for the new stadium reflect some tradition. I thought it was just about the greatest thing since my wedding night.

You made love to a stadium???

conner01

Reaction score
they have to seel the naming rights. the city as part of the deal gets past of that money so it will have a corporate name