Recommended Video: Dallas Cowboys: Thank You Tony

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Easily one of the most frustrating times in my life, with regards to being a Cowboy Fan. Let me say that I was not a believer in Tony being the future, when he first arrived in Dallas. We talk a lot about Dak and him being a 4th Rd pick and coming in and having the season he had, as well we should but think about it. Think about a kid from a small school, never even got invited to the Draft, until they needed somebody to throw to all the guys who were actually invited. Think about that. Think about an Undrafted Kid coming in and becoming the career leader for virtually all the passing records in Dallas, to say nothing of where he finished in the NFL Record Book. Think about that. Think about how rare, how uncommon it is to overcome all of that and still be the kind of person, we have seen Tony Romo be, throughout his career. Think about how rare all of that is. Tony won't be considered one of the Greatest QBs of all time because he never won a Super Bowl but that's not entirely his fault. The team kinda used him and never really did the things needed to be able to truly contend. Maybe there were reasons but to me, a team can go their entire existence and not see a situation like Tony come there way. We really should have done more for him to help win a championship.

Too late now. I was fortunate to be able to watch him play. I hope Tony enjoys life the rest of the way....

Zman5

Reaction score
He looks fat.

Man, I'm going to miss watching this guy play. Great player who should of had a SB ring or two. Just had bad luck playing for a mediocre HC and a GM.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Easily one of the most frustrating times in my life, with regards to being a Cowboy Fan. Let me say that I was not a believer in Tony being the future, when he first arrived in Dallas. We talk a lot about Dak and him being a 4th Rd pick and coming in and having the season he had, as well we should but think about it. Think about a kid from a small school, never even got invited to the Draft, until they needed somebody to throw to all the guys who were actually invited. Think about that. Think about an Undrafted Kid coming in and becoming the career leader for virtually all the passing records in Dallas, to say nothing of where he finished in the NFL Record Book. Think about that. Think about how rare, how uncommon it is to overcome all of that and still be the kind of person, we have seen Tony Romo be, throughout his career. Think about how rare all of that is. Tony won't be considered one of the Greatest QBs of all time because he never won a Super Bowl but that's not entirely his fault. The team kinda used him and never really did the things needed to be able to truly contend. Maybe there were reasons but to me, a team can go their entire existence and not see a situation like Tony come there way. We really should have done more for him to help win a championship.

Too late now. I was fortunate to be able to watch him play. I hope Tony enjoys life the rest of the way....
Thank you, ABQ, for your hearfelt and well-written post. Have a nice day, sir :)

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
It is debatable where Romo ranks among the Cowboy great QB's, much less the NFL's. I can definitely say Romo was by far the most fun to watch. My favorite Cowboy QB of all time....and yes, that even means better than Staubach in my eyes, which I never thought I would say.

You think about the Hall of Famers around Staubach. The Hall of Famers around Aikman. And the Hall of Famers around Romo. Actually probably only that played in his prime with Romo and that is Witten.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It will be awhile before another one like him comes along.

Tony was magical at times.