VIDEO: Dennis Green PC

Hoofbite

Reaction score
I think hes right too.....his team came into the play and just gave it up.........that game should have damned near been a shut-out.....

CantonBound08

Reaction score
Aikbach;1096545 said:
I think he is right.

Yep, I think he is right as well. They outplayed the Bears for most of the game. It was really depressing to see them lose the game like they did. I can't blame him for being as mad as he is about it.

Dennis Green went to the arm pit of America to try and turn the Cardinals into winners. It has never been done, not really. He has a team with a lot of potential, but they can't seem to catch a break. It does appear that they might have something with Lineart...now if they can just fix that oline.

Givincer

Reaction score
That was one of the most uncomfortable, yet also hilarious, press conferences I've ever watched.

He looked like he was ready to kill somebody. Kill them.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
CantonBound08;1096556 said:
Yep, I think he is right as well. They outplayed the Bears for most of the game. It was really depressing to see them lose the game like they did. I can't blame him for being as mad as he is about it.

Dennis Green went to the arm pit of America to try and turn the Cardinals into winners. It has never been done, not really. He has a team with a lot of potential, but they can't seem to catch a break. It does appear that they might have something with Lineart...now if they can just fix that oline.

His play calling was utter crap. After the 25th carry for 1.2 yards, and Leinart throwing the ball around, why on Earth wouldnt he change the offense up? He got conservative and it bit him in the ***, he should go look in the mirror for this performance.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
He's right: they gave the game away. "They are who we thought they were" doesn't sound like a compliment.

EMMITSWIFT

Benched
Reaction score
His play calling was utter crap. After the 25th carry for 1.2 yards, and Leinart throwing the ball around, why on Earth wouldnt he change the offense up? He got conservative and it bit him in the ***, he should go look in the mirror for this performance.
funny you say that , it reminds me of many parcells losses !

Undisputed

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1096560 said:

I don't blame him for trying to run out the clock. But I didn't like the play calling of the last drive. Even if you are in field goal range, I think you make a better effort to get that first down. We all knew that running it straight up the middle wasn't going to cut it.

Reaction score
Man I was actually watching ESPNews when it all went down, I never heard Denny Green that upset before...LMAO!

Nav22

Reaction score
Even if you are in field goal range, I think you make a better effort to get that first down. We all knew that running it straight up the middle wasn't going to cut it.
So you wouldn't trust Neil Rackers to make a 40 yard FG? You'd risk an incomplete pass with less than a minute less, stopping the clock, instead of safely running it on 3rd and 1 and guaranteeing that the Bears use their last timeout?

No wonder you're not an NFL head coach.

CalCBFan

Reaction score
Amen! Green should be fired in the morning. The Cards D played their hearts out and so did Lineart. Did you hear Theismann say "Don't start running the ball now" when they made the 3rd and 11 on their last possession? Once again, we see a coach playing not to lose and doing just that. When will these "coaches" learn...

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score

Running on their final two plays was the worst of all. Even Theismann found his random nut and was right, saying that they shouldn't get conservative and run to set up the field goal. I know hindsight is 20-20, but just about everyone had to have been thinking that same thing at that point.

But I agree that Green was right on the money with his comments.

How would you like to be Leinart (the Hollywood fame, girls by his side and millions of dollars notwithstanding) right about now? Dude does all he can two straight weeks and still gets slapped with a pair of "L"s.

hooskins

Reaction score
thekavorka;1096544 said:

Dude it isn't funny. The guy works his *** off to beat the Bears, and I feel sorry for him. People are gonna start blaming him when he is obviously not the problem. Arizona should have had that one, and I feel really bad for him. I really hope he doesn't lose his job, because he is actually doing good things for the Cards. I mean before him, they would not even be able to compete. I think they have a really good passing offense, and their D looked good as well. Give the Cards and Green 2 more years, you seriously cant expect a major turnaround with a losing organization that quickly. I can see the change, but firing him would not do anything.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
hooskins;1096611 said:
Dude it isn't funny. The guy works his *** off to beat the Bears, and I feel sorry for him. People are gonna start blaming him when he is obviously not the problem. Arizona should have had that one, and I feel really bad for him. I really hope he doesn't lose his job, because he is actually doing good things for the Cards. I mean before him, they would not even be able to compete. I think they have a really good passing offense, and their D looked good as well. Give the Cards and Green 2 more years, you seriously cant expect a major turnaround with a losing organization that quickly. I can see the change, but firing him would not do anything.

Dennis Green and his desire to run the ball against 9 man fronts is as much to blame as anyone for this performance. He obviously diddnt work hard enough, if he had them so figured out, he wouldnt have insisted on running James into a brick wall 25 times in the second half.

hooskins

Reaction score
Nav22;1096605 said:
So you wouldn't trust Neil Rackers to make a 40 yard FG? You'd risk an incomplete pass with less than a minute less, stopping the clock, instead of safely running it on 3rd and 1 and guaranteeing that the Bears use their last timeout?

No wonder you're not an NFL head coach.

Exactly, I would love for Rackers to take the kick from the 40. Plain and simple, the players didn't execute. I am sick of all the blame going to the coaching staff, when your number is called, esp if you are a vet kicker, you come through, period.

hooskins

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1096612 said:
Dennis Green and his desire to run the ball against 9 man fronts is as much to blame as anyone for this performance. He obviously diddnt work hard enough, if he had them so figured out, he wouldnt have insisted on running James into a brick wall 25 times in the second half.

But there was no way that passing would have worked the entire game. Most people overlook this, but if they had not ran that much, even with the terrible numbers, the Cards would not be able to pass it down the field. The run continued to hold the D closer to the line in the second.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
hooskins;1096615 said:
Exactly, I would love for Rackers to take the kick from the 40. Plain and simple, the players didn't execute. I am sick of all the blame going to the coaching staff, when your number is called, esp if you are a vet kicker, you come through, period.

I see the reasoning for that, but at that point, I'm not sure how you trust anything if you're Green.

Whether it be Rackers making a field goal (which he had already missed), Leinart back to pass (he had already fumbled) or James running the ball (he fumbled, too).

With the momentum and the nature of the impending doom, I don't think you can make a call solely with not making a mistake in mind.

Now, I'm not trying to blame Green. I agree, the players ultimately lost it and he shouldn't be fired. I like what he's doing out there. But if he made a mistake, to me, it was running twice there to set up the field goal.

hooskins

Reaction score
Dale;1096617 said:
I see the reasoning for that, but at that point, I'm not sure how you trust anything if you're Green.

Whether it be Rackers making a field goal (which he had already missed), Leinart back to pass (he had already fumbled) or James running the ball (he fumbled, too).

With the momentum and the nature of the impending doom, I don't think you can make a call solely with not making a mistake in mind.

Now, I'm not trying to blame Green. I agree, the players ultimately lost it and he shouldn't be fired. I like what he's doing out there. But if he made a mistake, to me, it was running twice there to set up the field goal.

Agreed, I guess I just feel really bad for the guy, because like Steve Young was saying after the game, the Cards showed alot of positive things during that game, that have not been with the team for almost a decade. They need to work on finishing, but hey, atleast they got the rest figured out.