VIDEO: Dennis Green PC

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO;1096560 said:
His play calling was utter crap. After the 25th carry for 1.2 yards, and Leinart throwing the ball around, why on Earth wouldnt he change the offense up? He got conservative and it bit him in the ***, he should go look in the mirror for this performance.

Absolutely. The 2nd quarter play calling was pathetic. They waited until the Bears got desperate in the 4th and decided to play like thee wanted to win. I felt real bad for Matt and the entire Cardinals team. This loss is squarely on the coaching staff IMO. The Cards handled the Bears.

Hoov

Reaction score
lexluthor00;1096734 said:
Yeah, green was correct, but he needs to get a grip. He's an adult for god's sake. Didn't he learn in grammar school how to control himself. I don't care how much emotion your are feeling after the game. Since when did it become acceptable for grown men to act like children. He comes across as a uneducated street thug. It's irrelevant whether he was right or not.

street thug ? Please, that man had the balls to get up there and say the stuff that everyone thinks but keeps to themself.

wouldnt it be great if the teams were going to meet again this year with all that bulletin board material. A playoff game would be fantastic, if only the cards had a shot at the playoffs.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Juke99;1096696 said:
I think it would have been great if someone would have followed up with "Did the Bears do anything to surprise you or were they what you thought they'd be?"
or "Does this game remind you of all those chokes in the playoffs with Minnesota?"

AbeBeta

Reaction score
lexluthor00;1096734 said:
Yeah, green was correct, but he needs to get a grip. He's an adult for god's sake. Didn't he learn in grammar school how to control himself. I don't care how much emotion your are feeling after the game. Since when did it become acceptable for grown men to act like children. He comes across as a uneducated street thug. It's irrelevant whether he was right or not.

That's utter BS man. Green was emotional yes.

But saying he sounds like a street thug? BS. Green is articulate even when angry.

You wouldn't say that about Bill Cowher would you? No.

Sounds like you have some issues to work on.

marchetta

Reaction score
Dale;1096648 said:
... Peter King's comment about the PR guy calmly stepping up to the podium afterward and saying Matt Leinart will be up next was hilarious. Wish they'd have shown that part on TV.

They did. It was on NFL network last night. It was funny, because of the contrast in emotions. Denny was really angry and fired up, and as he's leaving the podium this wussy PR guy comes in and calmly says Leinart will be up next. The contrast in emotions brought a chuckle from me.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
There is nothing funny about that clip, imo.

Everyone in the media is falling all over themselves annointing the Bears the Champs and the only question they have is whether they will go 18-0.

For once I respect Denny Green.

He is telling everyone out there that the Bears are as beatable as anyone else and that if his team, especially his overpaid superstar RB, Edge and his sorry kicker, Rackers, (who everyone was praising last year), don't throw the game away, they would have shown the nation that they can be beat by a rookie QB and an average defense who made Grossman look like a rookie.

Kudos to Green, in my book!

jimmy40

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;1096815 said:
There is nothing funny about that clip, imo.

Everyone in the media is falling all over themselves annointing the Bears the Champs and the only question they have is whether they will go 18-0.

For once I respect Denny Green.

He is telling everyone out there that the Bears are as beatable as anyone else and that if his team, especially his overpaid superstar RB, Edge and his sorry kicker, Rackers, (who everyone was praising last year), don't throw the game away, they would have shown the nation that they can be beat by a rookie QB and an average defense who made Grossman look like a rookie.

Kudos to Green, in my book!
Green started running his mouth about a freaking preseason game. This was a coach that couldn't get it done with all that talent in Minnesota and he didn't get it done last night. Just shut up Denny, you choked.

Reaction score
Iam sorry but, He has a right to be mad. I thought he coached a hell of a game. It was just VERY unfortunate what happened at the end of that game, with the turnovers and the punt return. Those were freak occurances that nobody expected. and if anyone is to blame it is the cardinals players for letting those things happen.

Rackers should have made that damn kick btw. Being the best kicker of all time in all lol. The bears just wanted it more at the end I guess. I think the bears are a good team, but not nearly as good as advertised. And they should have lost that game. And I think thats what green was trying to express through this press conferance.

DLCassidy

Reaction score
The Bears offense may have been exposed some, although I think AZ's D played with rare emotion, which can carry a team quite a ways in football. But what wan't exposed was the heart of that Bear defense. Those guys knew they needed to turn it over, knew they probably had to score, and they did the job. It's unusual when you win on the road with your "C or D" game, regardless of the opponent. In this case AZ played very well and the Bears still found a way to win. Having said that I am shocked Rackers mised that kick, he's a great kicker and I would have done the same thing if I was the coach. But the Bears big comeback and the Cardinals history of futility just added to the pressure I guess. Amazing game.

And no I don't blame Denny Green one bit. IMO it's really asking too much for a coach to be asked to speak so soon after a game like that. These guys, and I mean all the league's coaches, pour everything into these games, and this was a national TV game against an unbeaten team- a win would have meant so much for the Cardinals and for Green personally. If you haven't been involved in sports maybe you can't get that but I respect the emotion because it's honest and it's real.

The thing is the Bears know they stole one. And stolen fruit can often be the sweetest. You need a game or 2 like that if you're going to have a long winning streak, no matter how good you are. Football is about emotion and it's impossible to play at top emotional level for 16 weeks. But you can bring heart and poise every week and the Bears get props for both of those, especially for that defense.

dfense

Reaction score
Thehoofbite;1096555 said:
I think hes right too.....his team came into the play and just gave it up.........that game should have damned near been a shut-out.....
Not punting out of bounds with just over two minutes left was STUPID. Grossman could not move that team all game yet they punt to a guy who they know is a dangerous returner. They should have made Grossman drive the field and they didn't. That's on Denny and he knows it.

sbuscha

king****
Reaction score
CantonBound08;1096556 said:
Dennis Green went to the arm pit of America to try and turn the Cardinals into winners.

This franchise is the arm pit of the NFL. the State of Arizona is by far the armpit of America...study the map buddy!!! I can name about 5 Armpits but I won't

mwj473

Reaction score
dfense;1096937 said:
Not punting out of bounds with just over two minutes left was STUPID. Grossman could not move that team all game yet they punt to a guy who they know is a dangerous returner. They should have made Grossman drive the field and they didn't. That's on Denny and he knows it.

It would have been a perfect time to pull out the ole 75 yard coffin corner kick out of the playbook & pin em at the 2. :)