Video: Emmitt gets emotional on Oprah**Merged**

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
mldardy;3302916 said:
That's some powerful deep stuff. Makes me want to go back and trace my roots one day. I've always wanted to.

good luck

my mom has been working on ours since the 60's

got it back to 1642 in the US

we are hillbillys - lol

but my 6 G grandfather he and his
father and ten brothers served throughout the war of the Revolution

my Dad side was easy his dad came from Germany in the late 1880's
but am related to Anheuser-Busch family way back

[youtube]zV-yGp4l8B8[/youtube]

mldardy

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3303725 said:
good luck

my mom has been working on ours since the 60's

got it back to 1642 in the US

we are hillbillys - lol

but my 6 G grandfather he and his
father and ten brothers served throughout the war of the Revolution

my Dad side was easy his dad came from Germany in the late 1880's
but am related to Anheuser-Busch family way back

[youtube]zV-yGp4l8B8[/youtube]
Yeah I know it will be tough work and having the time to do it. It would be something my mom would definitely do once she retires. I will probably help her out.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
mldardy;3303997 said:
Yeah I know it will be tough work and having the time to do it. It would be something my mom would definitely do once she retires. I will probably help her out.

I hope your mom an you get into it

its intriquing - interesting - you find out all kinds of stuff

I mean I just found my 4 Ggrandfathers daughters grave a couple days ago

an see on my moms side being here since 1642 an they all had like 10 kids to or more to work on their farms - it can be become confusing - heck my 4 ggrandfather was in ILL by the year 1833 which amazes me - had to be tough people back then - he knew Lincoln

but hang in their you might get lucky an some one in your famiy has alreay done it

mldardy

Reaction score
UnoDallas;3304191 said:
I hope your mom an you get into it

its intriquing - interesting - you find out all kinds of stuff

I mean I just found my 4 Ggrandfathers daughters grave a couple days ago

an see on my moms side being here since 1642 an they all had like 10 kids to or more to work on their farms - it can be become confusing - heck my 4 ggrandfather was in ILL by the year 1833 which amazes me - had to be tough people back then - he knew Lincoln

but hang in their you might get lucky an some one in your famiy has alreay done it
1642. Man that is going wayyyy back. I would love to see if I could go back that far.

Yeah i am going to start getting into this now and find out the first steps. I am very curious to see what my family history is on my moms and dads side.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3303018 said:
mine are traced back to england so far;

Whereabouts Joe? I happen to know England well. :)

I've traced family back to 1666, unfortunately London suffered from the Great Fire and everything went up in smoke!

On a side note, when the post was made a few weeks back about the show "Who do you think you are?" The subject was treated as if it was a waste, ajoke. However, it has uncovered some interesting stories. The Jerry Springer story was particularly harrowing.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;3303998 said:
I want to trace my geneology, but **** paying like 300 bucks to do so.

Go to ancestry.com and pay the monthly fee of about $20 or $30 and you can probably find a lot.

fgoodwin

Reaction score
Who Do You Think You Are?

Friday, March 12, 8 p.m., NBC

Dallas Cowboys and Gators legend Emmitt Smith finds his past winds from rural Alabama to Virginia, with a few surprises. His great-great-grandfather helped start the New York Giants.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
great videos.. thanks for posting those, dcfanatic.. i've already got the dvr set to record the show Friday night..

like others have said, i love that Emmitt has never been afraid to wear his heart on his sleeve.. and yes, i also agree that he speaks very intelligently when he is just speaking from the heart.. i think he just put too much pressure on himself to sound 'football smart' when he was an analyst and he thought too much.. when he's just speaking, you can tell he's an incredibly sharp guy..