Video: Irvin on Stanback

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
That's some good stuff. If that doesn't show how much talent Stanback has, I don't know what will.

It also shows just how technically precise NFL players have to be.

Angus

Reaction score
That video also shows how effective Irvin can be when he speaks in a conversational tone about a serious matter.

:)

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I dont know if its out there yet but... I would love to hear from MI and HIS CLEAR/HONEST view of what we REALLY have at WR?

Who does he see as a lock? Besides TO and Crayton?

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Angus;2165341 said:
That video also shows how effective Irvin can be when he speaks in a conversational tone about a serious matter.

:)

Amen to that...Irvin sounds like an entirely different guy from his days on TV. Either he's been working at it, or it just shows how smooth he can be when he's actually talking about something he knows and loves instead of trying to play the network game for ratings on Sundays.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
Nice video. Still shows me that he is not ready though. Like Irvin said. He just didnt get those reps in college and is behind the 8 ball.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is a really good segment...and I think people should really watch it if they want a peek at Stanback's football prowess.

~And I also want to thank Wayne for posting this vid just for the yumminess of Stanback~

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Nice vid.

Is anyone else sick of those stupid draft hat commercials?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Its great to see som of the ex Cowboys like Michael, E Williams, Emmitt and Deion coming out to help the young guys improve.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
Good point by Mike that it's about reps. People who pull their hair out because someone who's a converted quarterback or someone who's coming from Monmouth University aren't tearing up the league by their 2nd or 3rd year in the NFL like they came from 3 or 4 years of playing WR at USC just don't get it.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
What I like best about it is Mike's pro-active advice to Stanback.

Essentially, You have tremendous talent, but that's not enough. You don't have the reps that other receivers got in college, and you aren't going to get them in practice because the team has to get the starters ready to play. It's your responsibility to get those reps after practice on the field, and it's your responsibility to ask the QB and the DB's to stay after with you so you can get the work you need to get to where you want to be and be all that your talent says you could be.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
wayne motley;2165354 said:
Amen to that...Irvin sounds like an entirely different guy from his days on TV. Either he's been working at it, or it just shows how smooth he can be when he's actually talking about something he knows and loves instead of trying to play the network game for ratings on Sundays.

Anyone who watched his Hall of Fame speech knows the man can speak when coming from the heart and from wha the knows. 40 minutes, perfect, with no notes.

I think he tried too hard to try and learn it all and it hurt his broadcasting career. He'll be back.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2165413 said:
~And I also want to thank Wayne for posting this vid just for the yumminess of Stanback~

She's not in California, and yet the earth moved ...

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can only guess how successful Stanback's career may end up being, but if he fails, it will not be due to bad or lame advice. Just how insane is it to have a Hall of Famer giving you one-on-one tips on improving your level of play..? HUH???

Michael Irvin <-- :bow: <--me