Video: Irvin on Stanback

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Stanback is a stud athlete who needs to be groomed. Mike Irvin sounds like an idiot, but I'm glad to see him getting out there with the players.

sago1

Reaction score
Liked Michael's suggestion to Stanbach that he needs to get reps and if he can't he needs to manufacture them by asking a QB & a DB to work with him after practices. Would seem to me that at least Bartel & one of our younger CBs whould be more then willing to help cause each benefits at their position with more practice then they can get on the field. BTW: Seem to recall back in 2006 that a backup QB was seen after practices with Hurd & Austin; both WRs made the roster. Of course as we all know, the backup QB hasn't been the backup for 1 1/2 years.

DallasFanSince86

Pessimism Sucks
Reaction score
That was a great video.

Glad to see some video on Stanback.

Thanks for posting the link, wayne motley.

UVAwahoos

Benched
Reaction score
sago1;2165777 said:
Of course as we all know, the backup QB hasn't been the backup for 1 1/2 years.

And his value to hot girls increased exponentially some time in the middle of all that. Stanback has A LOT to lose by not putting in overtime.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Great video, maybe just maybe it will shut up some of the chicken littles...I some how doubt it.:cool:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Great piece and thank you for posting it. Incidentally, for those who may not have watched it, there is another piece in that clip segment with Irvin on Intensity. To me, that piece is even better then the one with Stanback and his progress. Watch it if you haven't already had a chance to see it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Crayton is on with Norm right now and he said Stanback has made tremendous progress recently. Said he's learning to slow down his routes a little bit, and is getting better at taking what he sees on film to the field.

Scotman

Reaction score
Ben_n_austin;2165741 said:
Mike Irvin sounds like an idiot, but I'm glad to see him getting out there with the players.

Did you really think so? Many times it sounds to me if Irvin is talking with a mouth full of marbles. But I thought, in this segment, he was very clear and articulate. Not only that, I thought his advice to the young gun was very, very good. It is Stanback's only chance at ever becoming a productive NFL WR.

Tovya

Reaction score
Clove;2165694 said:
Michael= My favorite Cowboy of All time.

Well I don't know if he's my favorite, but certainly a top 5 at the least.

I always kinda judge players personalities like this... how cool would they really be to sit down and drink a beer with and shoot the breeze? I'd say Irvin would be pretty high up there on the coolness list... just behind current Cowboys Witten, Romo, and Newman.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Mike, the doors open. Come more often. We need you.