Video: Jesse Holley wins it for Cowboys!

ladiewolve

Reaction score
Just a question here , What makes everyone so sure he wont make the cut?
Don't eat me alive here , It's just a question..lol

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
ladiewolve;2923015 said:
Just a question here , What makes everyone so sure he wont make the cut?
Don't eat me alive here , It's just a question..lol

its all in the numbers

1...RW
2...Crayton
3...Hurd
4...Austin
5...Ogletree
we wont keep 6 but if they do
6...Stanback/Jefferson...IMO

ladiewolve

Reaction score
dadymat;2923020 said:
its all in the numbers

1...RW
2...Crayton
3...Hurd
4...Austin
5...Ogletree
we wont keep 6 but if they do
6...Stanback/Jefferson...IMO

Yeah , you are probably right. I hope he at least can stay on the PS. He has sure tried hard.

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
MONT17;2922955 said:
Pretty sad, when a guy from a game show is better than the guy the team has been grooming for years!

Oh, come on. Its not like Bob Barker returned the punt.

.aaaaaaaabarker.jpg

Then again, maybe he could teach a couple of things to the players.

:laugh2:

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
ladiewolve;2923028 said:
Yeah , you are probably right. I hope he at least can stay on the PS. He has sure tried hard.

if we have room i wouldnt mind putting him on the PS.... a season with NFL coaching he may be a diamond in the rough

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
That was a great play. You just knew he said (bleep) it, imma score! If only we had Hard Knocks to show his cinderella ending. What a way to end it!

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I doubt he makes more then the PS but I for one honestly wouldn't be upset if they decided to keep 6 WRs that they kept him over Stanback. That one play tonight is more than Stanback has made for us in two plus seasons here.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Awesome.

Fairytale ending to a career that more than likely never stood a chance. I hated that Irvin show and all that it 'stood' for, but you had to cheer for the guy. He deserved it. Especially because he made it happen, if for nothing else.

Outstanding, IMO.................

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Its a shame he completely blew the tackle on the vikings punt return for a td. Otherwise he would have played a pretty solid game. He should have made that play.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Holley hadn't have caught that ball on the rebound, it likely would have hit him and been a turnover.

Anyone comment on the homage to Irvin in the end-zone yet? Pretty much way cooler than Watkins' stupid Deion imitation.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Kind of cool to see him get a TD. I never thought he would score, let alone even get on the field. He did look pathetic on the PR for a TD by Minny. Missed a tackle almost in an ugly fashion.

Kind of a cool ending for him though. I'm sure he knows whats coming up and at least he can say he had 1 good day in the NFL even if it was preseason.

Pretty cool play. Maybe Dallas should just keep around to get all the bounces in their favor. He seems to have a rabbits foot that makes things go in his favor even if he is the cause of the bounce.

igtmfo

Reaction score
Hoofbite;2923173 said:
Pretty cool play. Maybe Dallas should just keep around to get all the bounces in their favor. He seems to have a rabbits foot that makes things go in his favor even if he is the cause of the bounce.

Would we be the first NFL team to consult the occult, to determine our 53?

Not a bad idea. I've known too many lucky *******s who got the hot girl by something more than the sum of their parts ... sorry not a good analogy ..

OT ... Poor Stanback, a really good guy, must have been reading his press on this board and it neutralized his life force ... Tonite he looked worse than every other receiver on the roster I think .. Once again, don't be surprised if he makes the team ... because ...

a) Special teams.

b) Wildcat. But I would be nauseous if we kept a guy around just for last-year's fashion .... If he ever comes in the game, you don't think DCs are going to figure its a Stanback sweep or sweep-option pass? Would we ever run him up the gut?

Undisputed

Reaction score
Good for Holley. I was pretty surprised to learn that we had comeback to win the game. It's a nice ending for him. The man proved that he was serious about fighting tooth and nail for a roster spot.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Holley never really had a shot being a late arriver and all, but I can't say I'd be against seeing him on the practice squad if he's still eligible. Not sure I'd put him on there over Johnson, but if we keep two wideouts I certainly wouldn't mind it.

If this is the end, what an end it was. He worked his butt off to get a chance, and he walked away doing something pretty cool.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2923048 said:
I doubt he makes more then the PS but I for one honestly wouldn't be upset if they decided to keep 6 WRs that they kept him over Stanback. That one play tonight is more than Stanback has made for us in two plus seasons here.
Stanback caught a TD pass in his first Pre Season game.

Just sayin.

Nav22

Reaction score
Idgit;2923187 said:
Holley's interview at dc.com is pretty awesome.
You're right, that was awesome.

I like how the 2nd time he told a reporter the epic, detailed story of his TD, there were new details he didn't include the first time around. Something tells me he'll tell that story 5,000 times in his lifetime and in the 5,000th version he was dragging 6 Vikings on his back as he crossed the goalline. :laugh2:

As for why he grabbed the ball in the first place, he says he did it because he thought it hit a Vikings player first, which would have made it a "free play" of sorts.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Idgit;2923187 said:
Holley's interview at dc.com is pretty awesome.

Wow. Really nice story. He hinted that hes not making the team, but still cherishing the moment. Seems like a good guy. If we don't keep him, I wish him the best.