Video: Jimmy Johnson Going Ballistic on Fox Halftime

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
Go away, Jimmy. We don't need your tantrums. They're a distraction, and your media/talking head status does us no justice when our old coach, a grown man, throws a fit like a 6 year old boy.

The Wade Phillips era has begun.

Shouldn't you be off sailing in your yacht or something?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
It started out as a demonstration of what the caoches should be doing in the locker room but he really got into it. Once he got started and you could see it was real passion coming out.

Jimmy still cares...He may have divorced the Cowboys but he still cares. And I still love Jimmy too :D

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
How on Earth can anyone not absolutely love Jimmy Johnson and what he meant to the organization? Jerry and he couldnt get along because their egos were too big for one team but there was never a single moment that he did not give his absolute all for the organization. Without Jimmy Johnson we only have two Lombardi trophies.

He was let go and still wanted to coach so he left and joined a team in the other conference that we stood to play once every several years. This is not Parcells leaving Boston to coach in New York.

Norv Turner is going to be unemployed this offseason and if he and Johnson could join forces once again they would win a lot of games. Say what you will about Turner as a head coach, all i need to see about how well he coordinates and offense is look at how far off the map San Fran has dropped now that hes gone.

i know it would never happen but I think it would be cool to see.

calico

Reaction score
I miss Jimmy soo much...the man knew how to coach and still has the passion.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1762866 said:
How on Earth can anyone not absolutely love Jimmy Johnson and what he meant to the organization? Jerry and he couldnt get along because their egos were too big for one team but there was never a single moment that he did not give his absolute all for the organization. Without Jimmy Johnson we only have two Lombardi trophies.

He was let go and still wanted to coach so he left and joined a team in the other conference that we stood to play once every several years. This is not Parcells leaving Boston to coach in New York.

Norv Turner is going to be unemployed this offseason and if he and Johnson could join forces once again they would win a lot of games. Say what you will about Turner as a head coach, all i need to see about how well he coordinates and offense is look at how far off the map San Fran has dropped now that hes gone.

i know it would never happen but I think it would be cool to see.

Fuzzy Wuzzy, I like the path that we're on with Phillips and Garrett. Ages pass, and so do their styles.

I think Wade's style is better suited to coach in modern football than Jimmy Johnson's. As a player, I wouldn't want to play for a guy who acts like an impulsive idiot and starts going on a tirade when a player makes a mistake. They all make mistakes. It's about corrective action, not making a unnecessary dramatic scene.

I give Jerry Jones credit for hiring the perfect fit. The bottom line is: Jimmy is gone; we still have to deal with Jerry. And I think he gets the modern generation of players.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
AnyGivenSunday;1762931 said:
Fuzzy Wuzzy, I like the path that we're on with Phillips and Garrett. Ages pass, and so do their styles.

I think Wade's style is better suited to coach in modern football than Jimmy Johnson's. As a player, I wouldn't want to play for a guy who acts like an impulsive idiot and starts going on a tirade when a player makes a mistake. They all make mistakes. It's about corrective action, not making a unnecessary dramatic scene.

I give Jerry Jones credit for hiring the perfect fit. The bottom line is: Jimmy is gone; we still have to deal with Jerry. And I think he gets the modern generation of players.

You want me to change yourname into something derogatory as well? How about AnyGivenStupidity or BadCameronDiazMovie?

All Im saying is that Johnson meant a heck of a lot to our football team and i dont understand why that wouldnt lead to a bit more respect. Even if he wouldnt be a good coach for us now, that still doenst deserve "Go away jimmy."

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
FuzzyLumpkins;1763020 said:
You want me to change yourname into something derogatory as well? How about AnyGivenStupidity or BadCameronDiazMovie?

All Im saying is that Johnson meant a heck of a lot to our football team and i dont understand why that wouldnt lead to a bit more respect. Even if he wouldnt be a good coach for us now, that still doenst deserve "Go away jimmy."

Derogatory? Jeez, man. Lighten up.

To me, I'm not interested in meddling in past glory. Like Aikman, I could go the rest of my days without Jimmy's input.

After a while, it becomes about them and their past glory and not about our current team and its potential.

Both of them talk from a very egotistical standpoint.

==========

Apologies if "Wuzzy" was derogatory. I didn't know it was, nor did I mean it that way.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
AnyGivenSunday;1763078 said:
Derogatory? Jeez, man. Lighten up.

To me, I'm not interested in meddling in past glory. Like Aikman, I could go the rest of my days without Jimmy's input.

After a while, it becomes about them and their past glory and not about our current team and its potential.

Both of them talk from a very egotistical standpoint.

==========

Apologies if "Wuzzy" was derogatory. I didn't know it was, nor did I mean it that way.

I think im just tired and irritable. Its been one of those Mondays.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Thing with Jimmy and he has even said this in the past. His style of coaching and his intensity is why he has never coached more than 5 years on any team. As Jimmy took a young group of players and developed them into champions that same style would wear thin on these players as they get older and it takes its toll on Jimmy as well.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Too bad I can't watch it at work.

Always a pleasure to see the Great Jimmy Johnson at his best.

Sucks that he is being crucified by the masses, including Cowboys fans for showing energy and passion about the game of Football and of course the Dallas Cowboys.

- Mike G.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1763302 said:
Too bad I can't watch it at work.

Always a pleasure to see the Great Jimmy Johnson at his best.

Sucks that he is being crucified by the masses, including Cowboys fans for showing energy and passion about the game of Football and of course the Dallas Cowboys.

- Mike G.

You are right Jimmy was a great coach one thing that did turn some fans on him is how he would take cheap shot at Jones and the Cowboys when he was on Inside the NFL on HBO.

arync

Reaction score
thanks, I've been waiting to see that and Jimmy went crazy but I think thats what you got to do sometimes as a coach. You need to lose your cool so the players know you may be laid back but you can flip out once in awhile.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
arync;1763311 said:
thanks, I've been waiting to see that and Jimmy went crazy but I think thats what you got to do sometimes as a coach. You need to lose your cool so the players know you may be laid back but you can flip out once in awhile.

I had no problem with Jimmy saying how he would handle it however this is not Jimmy's team and he does not know these players as Wade does. Remember Jimmy let Leon Lett off the hook after a couple of bone head plays one outright costing the team the game and Jimmy did not come down on him because Jimmy knew and understood Lett and what made him tick as a player.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1763307 said:
You are right Jimmy was a great coach one thing that did turn some fans on him is how he would take cheap shot at Jones and the Cowboys when he was on Inside the NFL on HBO.

And Jerry Jones' constant meddling with the Team Pre-JJ and Pre-Parcells turned alot of fans off.

There was alot of bad blood between Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones. I cannot blame the guy for still having a bad taste in his mouth after all that happened with him in Dallas.

Me, I don't get wrapped up in personal beefs such as this. Jimmy brought 2 Lombardi Trophies to Dallas, drafted a couple of Hall of Famers, Gawd knows how many Future Ring of Honor Inductees and last but not least, is from Texas.

Clearly Jimmy Johnson is rooting for the Dallas Cowboys, which is all that matters.

Personal beefs or a Successful organization...I will take the later.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1763327 said:
And Jerry Jones' constant meddling with the Team Pre-JJ and Pre-Parcells turned alot of fans off.

There was alot of bad blood between Jimmy Johnson and Jerry Jones. I cannot blame the guy for still having a bad taste in his mouth after all that happened with him in Dallas.

Me, I don't get wrapped up in personal beefs such as this. Jimmy brought 2 Lombardi Trophies to Dallas, drafted a couple of Hall of Famers, Gawd knows how many Future Ring of Honor Inductees and last but not least, is from Texas.

Clearly Jimmy Johnson is rooting for the Dallas Cowboys, which is all that matters.

Personal beefs or a Successful organization...I will take the later.

The differance was Jerry was not standing on a soap box each week ripping Jimmy as Johnson did with Jerry. It appears the relationship is good today and I'm glad to see that because Jimmy was an important part of this frachise history. If you think am Anti-Jimmy your wrong but yes I did not like Jimmy doing what he did. I don't know if you read Jimmy book but according to him when he was thinking about leaving coaching altogether it was Jerry Jones who made a couple of calls to friends to help Jimmy get the HC job at OSU and it was Jerry who gave him the oppertunity to coach the Dallas Cowboys. In the end Jerry became the bad guy but Jones played an important role in Jimmy coaching career even before Dallas.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I have read several Cowboys books and certainly know both men were to blame.

Jerry Jones had to take the high road, he was the freakin owner of the Dallas Cowboys so it was highly unlikely you would see him week after week sniping at Jimmy Johnson.

Furthermore, don't think Jimmy Johnson didn't do Jerry a favor by winning and winning big because alot of fans and the local media had the hurst warm and ready for Jerry Jones when he bought the team.

The bottom line is Jimmy Johnson did more good for the Cowboys then he did bad, I don't know how anyone can dispute that.

I hope the guy goes berserk every week with regards to the Cowboys.