Video: Jimmy Johnson Going Ballistic on Fox Halftime

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1763341 said:
I have read several Cowboys books and certainly know both men were to blame.

Jerry Jones had to take the high road, he was the freakin owner of the Dallas Cowboys so it was highly unlikely you would see him week after week sniping at Jimmy Johnson.

Furthermore, don't think Jimmy Johnson didn't do Jerry a favor by winning and winning big because alot of fans and the local media had the hurst warm and ready for Jerry Jones when he bought the team.

The bottom line is Jimmy Johnson did more good for the Cowboys then he did bad, I don't know how anyone can dispute that.

I hope the guy goes berserk every week with regards to the Cowboys.

Jimmy did a lot of good and I was glad he was part of this franchise. I have no problem of Jimmy showing the passion when talking this past weekend during the halftime about Burnetts bone head play. As I said I'm not anti-Jimmy. I also respect Wade Phillips and the job he is currently doing and I'm sure he has a handle on his team and knows them better than Johnson does.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1763344 said:
Jimmy did a lot of good and I was glad he was part of this franchise. I have no problem of Jimmy showing the passion when talking this past weekend during the halftime about Burnetts bone head play. As I said I'm not anti-Jimmy. I also respect Wade Phillips and the job he is currently doing and I'm sure he has a handle on his team and knows them better than Johnson does.

Dooms, I know you are not Anti-Jimmy, I am just debating with ya :D .

I know alot of people saw it as criticism of Wade Phillips but I really don't think that was Jimmy's intention.

- Mike G.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
mickgreen58;1763347 said:
Dooms, I know you are not Anti-Jimmy, I am just debating with ya :D .

I know alot of people saw it as criticism of Wade Phillips but I really don't think that was Jimmy's intention.

- Mike G.

I agree. I have heard Jimmy say he felt Wade was doing a great job so I did not take it as Jimmy slamming Wade.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;1762530 said:
Here's the red-faced Jimmy halftime tirade for those of you who haven't seen it yet. I will only host it for a few days, so right-click and save-as if you want to keep it.

http://blackdcc.net/vids/Boyz_mpg_JimmyJohnson.mpg

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't seen it.

Jimmy was right. Nothing controversial about it unless you read something in to it (a tacit suggestion that Wade is too laidback).

I'm glad the team played smarter and with more poise in the second half.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Jimmy is still wanting that coaching role. He took that role play and ran with it. Looks as if he misses that adrenaline rush you get from having such a passion for the game.

It appeared to be anger, but I think it was more about frustration. He put a lot of emotion into repressed anxiety and it could be easily misinterpreted.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Wood;1762753 said:
I think Jimmy is back in love with the Dallas Cowboys...you can see it run thru his veins. Wow....what a glimpse of the fire he undoubly demonstrated during his Dynasty years in Dallas.

Jimmy wants the Cowboys to return to Dominance just as much as Jerry. They both know what they missed out on.

Jerry will get it and Jimmy can live vicariously through Jerry.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The rant was great... No doubt about it. The only bad part was asking, "What would Bill Parcells say?"

Who cares and how is that relevant? I thought the question was about how Jimmy would've reacted. Parcells probably would have given Burnett "The Glare" and told the media afterwards what a stupid team he had.

And the "relaxed atmosphere" was definitely a shot at Wade.

Maybe with the way we cut the penalties out in the second half, the situation was handled properly after all?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;1763461 said:
The rant was great... No doubt about it. The only bad part was asking, "What would Bill Parcells say?"

Who cares and how is that relevant? I thought the question was about how Jimmy would've reacted. Parcells probably would have given Burnett "The Glare" and told the media afterwards what a stupid team he had.

And the "relaxed atmosphere" was definitely a shot at Wade.

Maybe with the way we cut the penalties out in the second half, the situation was handled properly after all?
Yeah it was a shot at Wade and every coach who takes a laid back philosophy to coaching. He even said "Please!" at the end of his rant. I thought it was hilarious.

You're welcome to all of you who said thank you.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jimmy showed he will always be a Cowboy at heart.

We this and We that ......I love it.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
That was awesome. I was just as livid as Jimmy was when Burnett did that. Moreso, after the FG.

silver

Reaction score
classic jimmy. for a minute i thought he was gonna cut burnett on the spot (ala curvin richards). and hilarious how he says you can't lose your cool. thanks for posting it, missed it on game day.

Marktui

Reaction score
I thought that Jacobs had hit James after the whistle and it looked like a cheapshot to me. Also, that was a nice acting job on Jacobs to get that personal foul.

KB was a bonehead play, not excusing him, but I think there was a lot of trash talking coming from the Giants as well and I think we got caught up in it.