Video: Ken Hamlin on First and Ten

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]oDiA-7xpNlI[/youtube]
-------------------------

Hamlin has been taking a whole lot of criticism this season.

And rightfully so. His production is down and his salary is going up.

If the Cowboys do keep him he had better stop missing tackles and come up with a few more dynamic plays during the season.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3265567 said:
[youtube]oDiA-7xpNlI[/youtube]
-------------------------

Hamlin has been taking a whole lot of criticism this season.

And rightfully so. His production is down and his salary is going up.

If the Cowboys do keep him he had better stop missing tackles and come up with a few more dynamic plays during the season.
This is actually statistically one of his best seasons.

blindzebra

Reaction score
theogt;3265612 said:
Do you know what coverage statistics are other than INTs?

Trouble is he's so frequently out of position he is not close enough to get credited with the coverage. He's rarely maning up on a receiver, he's in support and blowing it over half the time.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
blindzebra;3265639 said:
Trouble is he's so frequently out of position he is not close enough to get credited with the coverage.
It's impossible for you to know this. So I'll just disregard it altogether.

He's rarely maning up on a receiver, he's in support
It's rare (and very poor scheme) to have any free safety manned up on a receiver.

and blowing it over half the time.
Obviously this is blatant exaggeration based on anything but the truth.

blindzebra

Reaction score
theogt;3265643 said:
It's impossible for you to know this. So I'll just disregard it altogether.

It's rare (and very poor scheme) to have any free safety manned up on a receiver.

Obviously this is blatant exaggeration based on anything but the truth.

Laughable.

Stats that don't show what anybody with eyes can see. So I disregard them too.:rolleyes:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
blindzebra;3265649 said:
Laughable.

Stats that don't show what anybody with eyes can see. So I disregard them too.:rolleyes:
I'm fully aware that you have to disregard statistics if you're going to criticize Ken Hamlin.

No reason to inform me.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra;3265639 said:
Trouble is he's so frequently out of position he is not close enough to get credited with the coverage. He's rarely maning up on a receiver, he's in support and blowing it over half the time.

and because a QB chooses to go somewhere else with the ball, such as behind the LBs and before the safeties, doesn't mean that Hamlin has great coverage either

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Ah the old hard statistics vs "I know what I saw" argument.

I don't really have anything bad to say about Hamlin, but it would sure be nice to have at least one safety making an interception out there. Not a knock against Hamlin, I know the value of good coverage, it's just very frusturating especially if the offense is having a bad day.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
187beatdown;3265656 said:
Ah the old hard statistics vs "I know what I saw" argument.

I don't really have anything bad to say about Hamlin, but it would sure be nice to have at least one safety making an interception out there. Not a knock against Hamlin, I know the value of good coverage, it's just very frusturating especially if the offense is having a bad day.

At least 4 or 5 a year would be nice...

dasander

Reaction score
I think Ken Hamlin is a solid player. He's gotten a lot of grief ever since that Baltimore game, but at the end of this season I thought he was playing pretty well. I don't think he is ever going to be the sole reason the Cowboys lose a game. He sure as heck wasn't the reason we lost to the Vikings(offensive line).

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3265689 said:
We have two Pro Bowl CB's.

And go.
Guess what year Newman made his first pro bowl. I'll give you a hint, we made a free agent acquisition that year in the secondary.

And I take it your answer to my first question was, "No."

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3265720 said:
Guess what year Newman made his first pro bowl. I'll give you a hint, we made a free agent acquisition that year in the secondary.

And I take it your answer to my first question was, "No."

Old addage.

Players always get the first nod the year after.

So he was probably better the year before Hamlin came to the Cowboys.

Hamlin doesn't make enough plays from his spot.

Like I said. His production is down and his salary is going up.

Businesses fold in that scenario.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
He's an average safety. If you want to say he's starting quality or solid I won't argue with you.

But I don't think you'll get a lot of people saying he's a lot better than average.

You don't necessarily need better at safety but this team needs, somehow, to get more turnovers. Not sure you can argue against that either.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
jobberone;3265742 said:
He's an average safety. If you want to say he's starting quality or solid I won't argue with you.

But I don't think you'll get a lot of people saying he's a lot better than average.

You don't necessarily need better at safety but this team needs, somehow, to get more turnovers. Not sure you can argue against that either.

Is he worth $5.5 mil this season?

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
blindzebra;3265649 said:
Laughable.

No. What's laughable is you(r argument) just got leveled to the ground and yet you still come back disregarding statistics as well as general football knowledge; the most basic of knowledge at that.

Oh, well, BZ, what's new?

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3265736 said:
Old addage.

Players always get the first nod the year after.

So he was probably better the year before Hamlin came to the Cowboys.

Hamlin doesn't make enough plays from his spot.

Like I said. His production is down and his salary is going up.

Businesses fold in that scenario.

Let's bring back Keith Davis!!!

:loser: