Video: Ken Hamlin on First and Ten

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
theogt;3265720 said:
Guess what year Newman made his first pro bowl. I'll give you a hint, we made a free agent acquisition that year in the secondary.

And I take it your answer to my first question was, "No."

Are you kidding? Newman made the pro bowl because of Hamlin??? Not because of a team record 13 wins? Not because of a career best 4 INTs, 3 FF and a TD?

Now I have heard it all, Ken Hamlin is just so damn good he makes pro bowlers of players around him.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;3265782 said:
Let's bring back Keith Davis!!!

:loser:

What's wrong w/Keith Davis. He started alongside Ken Hamlin. Wonder why he didn't go to the pro bowl too?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
CowboyFan74;3265834 said:
:omg: No!! but what other option do we have? Bethea?

Alan Ball.

Some people in the organization wanted him to keep the job even when Hamlin was healthy at the end of the season.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3265915 said:
Alan Ball.

Some people in the organization wanted him to keep the job even when Hamlin was healthy at the end of the season.

I like him to but durability is my biggest concern..

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is it with our fans and hating on our safeties, anyway? Hamlin's position is an opportunity to upgrade if the right player is available. Fortunately for us, the right player has to be a pretty good player to even be worth considering it.

I do agree that it'd be interesting to see Ball given a shot to compete for playing time. He's a heck of a player that we've been developing for years now. His teammates on defense really like him, he hits hard, and has good coverage skills.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3265736 said:
Like I said. His production is down and his salary is going up.
Like I said, you have no idea what "production" means for a defensive back.

BAT;3265785 said:
Are you kidding? Newman made the pro bowl because of Hamlin??? Not because of a team record 13 wins? Not because of a career best 4 INTs, 3 FF and a TD?

Now I have heard it all, Ken Hamlin is just so damn good he makes pro bowlers of players around him.
It'd be pretty idiotic if I said that Newman made the probowl because of Hamlin.

It'd also be pretty idiotic to read what I said and assume that's what I meant.

Doomsay

Reaction score
Defending the indefensible. :laugh2:

Classic. Rated 45th among safties on Profootballfocus + an obvious shirker to any observant fan.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
theogt;3266854 said:
Like I said, you have no idea what "production" means for a defensive back.

It'd be pretty idiotic if I said that Newman made the probowl because of Hamlin.

It'd also be pretty idiotic to read what I said and assume that's what I meant.

Yes it would be idiotic to contend that Ken Hamlin was in any way responsible for Newman's pro bowl nod in 2007. Below is your response to DCF's statement that the Cowboys' secondary has 2 pro bowl corners.

theogt;3266854 said:
Guess what year Newman made his first pro bowl. I'll give you a hint, we made a free agent acquisition that year in the secondary.

And I take it your answer to my first question was, "No."

CCBoy

Reaction score
When the defense again returns to the very top levels of sacks in the league, and moves up in turnovers in the positive side of ledger, then I will concede that the secondary is where it is pointed towards. There were still a ton of injuries on that section, and they are still finding an optimum playing range from which to expand from. I think this next season could be a big one when applied to game changers and giving the offense actual game advantages to exploit....

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
BAT;3266977 said:
Yes it would be idiotic to contend that Ken Hamlin was in any way responsible for Newman's pro bowl nod in 2007. Below is your response to DCF's statement that the Cowboys' secondary has 2 pro bowl corners.
The Dallas secondary was considered a liability until Hamlin showed up. Any player in a secondary that is considered a below average unit will have a hard time being recognized for any award.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Hamlin, he doesn't have the int. I would like but I dont see long balls going down the middle of the field either which tells me him and Sensabuagh are doing their jobs.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;3267171 said:
The Dallas secondary was considered a liability until Hamlin showed up. Any player in a secondary that is considered a below average unit will have a hard time being recognized for any award.
:rolleyes: I think the pass-rush improving has had more to do with that than Hamlin

esp. considering he patrols the deep secondary

you act like he's covering the whole field

just stop, dude