Video: Kiper and McShay talk WR's

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
CATCH17;3282568 said:
We have to get another explosive player for this offense at some point.

We are to dependent on Austin and Felix Jones right now and both those guys haven't always been able to stay healthy.

It just makes sense to bring in more explosive players.

Miles Austin hasn't been able to stay healthy??

What season did you watch this past season?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
casmith07;3283198 said:
Miles Austin hasn't been able to stay healthy??

What season did you watch this past season?

No youre right. He did this season. I just don't want to put all my eggs in 1 basket. Bring in more speed.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I would poop my pants if we could get Mike Williams in the third. I understand that he has discipline issues - most of his problems were int he classroom I think - but he can play. The guy scored a TD like every game at Cuse...who had an awful offense.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Future;3283209 said:
I would poop my pants if we could get Mike Williams in the third. I understand that he has discipline issues - most of his problems were int he classroom I think - but he can play. The guy scored a TD like every game at Cuse...who had an awful offense.
From what I could find he was suspended a year for cheating.

Then another game last season against Akron which was also school related.

Then he and some other teammates were in an auto accident that was not their fault but had violated a team rule.(I assume they were not suppose to be out that late)

Instead of taking another one game suspension along with his teammates he chose to leave the team. There seem to be some problems with his new coach that may attributed to that decision.

RS12

Reaction score
Future;3283209 said:

I am with you here, all except the pants part.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
STAY AWAY from Mike Williams.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3282261 said:
Getting a little ahead of yourself with KO being mentioned.

The team just spent an entire draft on part timers and ended up cutting a good number of them last offseason.

I really don't see what the difference is in drafting a bunch of mid-to-late rounders knowing that they all cannot be on the final roster or drafting a higher risk player who seems to have a TON of talent compared to his draft slot. Your either gonna get a lot of bang for your buck or get rid of him and be in the same spot you would be by drafting a flock of ducks.

I don't know anything about the guy and won't pretend like I do but I wouldn't rule out getting a potential steal.

A solid point. This draft needs to be one of quality and drafting talent no matter how risky excepting the bad characters obviously.

Skinsmaniac

Boycotting Snyder since 2009
Reaction score
I agree with Kiper about Moeaki. He's the best blocking tight end, and he's also an effective receiver.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Mike Williams = Antonio Bryant

Not saying this is good or bad, just sayin' that's all.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Randy White;3282784 said:
Sure, if he fell all the way to the 3rd round, at the earliest. Anything before that, you might as well draft a QB because he'd make just as much contribution as LaFell would.

QB, WR, TE, RB = Don't care who falls there in the first 2 rounds. If Dez Bryant fell to #27, trade the pick to somebody who's interested in him and willing to give up a #1 for next year and a 2nd this year ( in Bryant and Bradford case ) or two 2nd round picks for this year. Same thing goes for Bradford, C.J, Spiller, or Jermaine Gresham.
If Dez Bryant miraculously fell we'd better take him right away. Suh is the only player better than Dez IMO. But then again I may be biased since he is from my alma mater, but I watched him week after week tear teams apart.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Hailmary;3283277 said:
Mike Williams = Antonio Bryant

Not saying this is good or bad, just sayin' that's all.
I disagree a bit. Yes he's had some problems...but it's mostly been school related. I've never heard anything that he doesn't practice or play hard. Take the guy out of school, and I think we would see a difference.

I'm not trying to make an excuse for him, but some guys struggle to motivate themselves when they don't see the purpose to be in a situation. He had to think something to the effect of "Why bother putting up with school stuff to play for this crummy team that's not going anywhere?" I can't say I totally blame him for that, though I am skeptical about his discipline if he can't just suck it up.

Hailmary

Reaction score
Future;3283503 said:
I disagree a bit. Yes he's had some problems...but it's mostly been school related. I've never heard anything that he doesn't practice or play hard. Take the guy out of school, and I think we would see a difference.

I'm not trying to make an excuse for him, but some guys struggle to motivate themselves when they don't see the purpose to be in a situation. He had to think something to the effect of "Why bother putting up with school stuff to play for this crummy team that's not going anywhere?" I can't say I totally blame him for that, though I am skeptical about his discipline if he can't just suck it up.

True, their offenses may be different, but what I'm trying to say is that these very talented players will most likely be a headache to their respective teams at one point or another.

Also remember that Mike Williams quit on his team. That's a BIG no-no. Will he pout and maybe even quit if he feels not enough balls are coming his way?

Texan_Eph89

Reaction score
Hailmary;3283720 said:
True, their offenses may be different, but what I'm trying to say is that these very talented players will most likely be a headache to their respective teams at one point or another.

Also remember that Mike Williams quit on his team. That's a BIG no-no. Will he pout and maybe even quit if he feels not enough balls are coming his way?

He'd be a major idiot to quit the Dallas Cowboys.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hailmary;3283720 said:

Anyone who paid any attention to Mike Williams while he was at Syracuse, real attention, would NOT recommend drafting this clown. Forget the talent, he definitley has it, but he epitomizes the word(s) quitter and punk. I cannot IMAGINE how this guy changes for the better with a wallet full of cash.

Cover 2

Pessimists Unite!!!
Reaction score
Sarge;3283811 said:
Anyone who paid any attention to Mike Williams while he was at Syracuse, real attention, would NOT recommend drafting this clown. Forget the talent, he definitley has it, but he epitomizes the word(s) quitter and punk. I cannot IMAGINE how this guy changes for the better with a wallet full of cash.
For some reason a lot of fans only look at talent, and they ignore character. I don't know why. Maybe because it is more tangible, but people with his character concerns rarely end up having no problems.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Sarge;3283811 said:

Didn't he quit Syracuse twice? Or did he leave the 1st time because he got kicked out?

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorta. He was kicked off the team in 2007 and quit the team in 2009. Nothing but a headache his entire time at SU.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Sarge;3283993 said:
Sorta. He was kicked off the team in 2007 and quit the team in 2009. Nothing but a headache his entire time at SU.
I agree he was a headache...the same way that Randy Moss was a headache at Oakland. The guy saw that the team was going nowhere, so he probably figured why bother with school and whatnot. As good as he is, he's worth a shot if he knows the team will be a contender, which Dallas will.

Again, I don't condone quitting the team and think that that was a pretty crappy move on his part, but in the NFL I think things could be very different for him.