Twitter: Video of Dan Campbell speaking on Dak

DallasInDC

Reaction score
Wait a second… this can’t possibly be true.

We have NFL Coach caliber posters here in this board and I’ve been told Dak is the most inaccurate QB in the league who celebrates too much, can’t play in zone coverage, and has the football IQ of a snail.
Don't you know this is only coach speak in order to make the QB over confident and not give the Cowboys bulletin board material...of course every HC in the league would have started Cooper Rush over Dak since Dak is dumb as nails and can't hit a broad side of a barn. /s

FanofJerry

Reaction score

We have NFL Coach caliber posters here in this board and I’ve been told Dak is the most inaccurate QB in the league who celebrates too much, can’t play in zone coverage, and has the football IQ of a snail.
Dont forget...HE RELEASES THE BALL TOO LATE. CANT THROW TIGHT WINDOWS

Come on.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Don't you know this is only coach speak in order to make the QB over confident and not give the Cowboys bulletin board material...of course every HC in the league would have started Cooper Rush over Dak since Dak is dumb as nails and can't hit a broad side of a barn. /s
Hey @Captain-Crash, I see you liked this comment. Since you're an old fart I take it you do not know what "/s" means? ;)

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was right with him, until he said Dak can make every throw in the book LO. L

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

I have little doubt that Campbell believes what he says, but you are not going to be able use flowery things a coach says before a team faces a player as proof of his true feelings about the player. Few coaches are going to say a player falls apart if you punch him in the mouth.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
yeah like he's going to say, "With pressure and a few hard hits he crumples like an old worn-out crutch."
Exactly

Opposing coach showers praise on upcoming opponent in weekly press conference. Whodathunk??

Good grief, McCarthy said this week he expects the Lions to be our toughest test so far this season.

Of course, no one including him actually believes that. But this is what coaches do to avoid bulletin board material and keep their teams focused.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Always thought that when he played for us too. He was a solid TE. Just had the misfortune of being on our roster at the same time as Witten
You have to be tough playing TE. A lot of catches over the middle in traffic.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
They had us beat last year until DLaw cause that fumble on the 1 yd line. Campbell remembers how much that loss hurt and is going into Texas looking for blood

OGSixshooter

Reaction score

Coach speak is pillow talk...it's well known Belichick would be dry during his press conferences and absolutely demeaning and offensive towards players on other teams he wanted his team to target. So...I do think Campbell is being sincere...but I think he's not going to his team telling them they got no shot. That's other part of the "scouting report" not making it in the press conference.