Recommended Video: Romo nudges ball for 1st down

tecolote

Reaction score
That was funny stuff.
I think Aikman called it a foot wedge (golfing term for fudging a ball for a better lie).
Hilarious.

On a side note, Dallas was truly getting some really crappy spots by the refs yesterday.

The one before Peterson's big run was awful. It was a short pass to the FB and he landed half a yard from the first down, wasn't even close. Would've been 3rd and almost 1 but not surprisingly Garrett did not challenge it.

Eddie

Reaction score
Amazing camera resolution. Is that one of those 800 GB cameras which can zoom into the faces of the people in the crowd??

DFWJC

Reaction score
The one before Peterson's big run was awful. It was a short pass to the FB and he landed half a yard from the first down, wasn't even close. Would've been 3rd and almost 1 but not surprisingly Garrett did not challenge it.

Saw that too and couldn't understand why garrett didn't do the obvious challenge. Oh well, I guess if he had challenged and lost that lost time out would have been a potential killer.
The spot was laughable though.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what is the penalty for that exactly? delay of game?
Good question. When the defense does it, it's a delay of game (I've seen that one called), and it makes sense, especially when the offense is rushing to snap the ball quickly. But I can't imagine a situation where the offense would benefit from doing it, since the offense controls when the ball is snapped anyway. Someone else suggested Unsportsmanlike Conduct, and I suppose they could call that.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Ref - "Personal foul on # 9, Dallas, kicking the football in its side."

I think I'd be laughing too hard to be mad at the situation if that were to happen.

dewby

Reaction score
Sorry if y'all were already aware of this, but I didn't get to catch the whole game Sunday and I just saw this and thought it was hilarious.

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
I didn't catch this during the game but I saw it shortly after.

Well played, I say.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
If he would use that foot wedge at Lake Tahoe, maybe he wouldn't get owned by Rick Rhoden and Billy Joe Tolliver every year.