Video: Senior Bowl practices - South Stuff - Day two

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
[youtube]vbJuVyzbzVw[/youtube]
--------------------------

Taylor Mays doesn't look all that impressive to me.

:mad:

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3257224 said:

I'd say he's about the 4th or 5th best safety at this time. Any NFL QB would make him look silly out there.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
Mays is so overrated. We would be stupid to bring in Roy Williams 2.0

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Cody looked good in his drills. They couldn't get him off the LOS.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CATCH17;3257429 said:

It's hard to push a 40 ton anchor. I want no part of Cody. He is a fatter Shawn Rogers with less talent.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
nyc;3257438 said:
It's hard to push a 40 ton anchor. I want no part of Cody. He is a fatter Shawn Rogers with less talent.

The guy can play. The key is getting him into shape.

IS he a 1st round pick? I doubt it because he will miss a lot of downs because of his conditioning.

But hes in the big leagues now and some team will demand it from him and if he is dedicated to this profession than you could end up with a heck of a player if the guy just gets himself some decent cardio.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3257224 said:

to be fair on Mays, and i'm biased as a USC fan, but he never really was asked to go outside and play man coverage on WRs, so it doesn't shock me that he was fooled by some of the moves those guys put on him. and i'd be shocked if NFL teams were planning to use him that way.

i believe he has the speed and quickness to be taught coverage techniques that will make him into an adequate cover safety. i don't think he'll ever excel in coverage but as i said i don't think he's going to be put in a position to do that very often by whatever team he's on.

i see him being asked to be inside the box more often than not....similar to what Arizona does with Adrian Wilson.

Gaede

Reaction score
CATCH17;3257429 said:

Agreed. Coach him up and he'd be a good one.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3257224 said:

He's never impressed me. He's always looked like one of those workout warrior guys to me who is highy over-rated.

I don't think he'll be a very good safety and he's certainly not the kind of safety that I'm wanting Dallas to get.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
CATCH17;3257453 said:
The guy can play. The key is getting him into shape.

IS he a 1st round pick? I doubt it because he will miss a lot of downs because of his conditioning.

But hes in the big leagues now and some team will demand it from him and if he is dedicated to this profession than you could end up with a heck of a player if the guy just gets himself some decent cardio.

He's in the shop window. He should be in shape now.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Dash28;3257253 said:
Mays is so overrated. We would be stupid to bring in Roy Williams 2.0

I wouldn't take Mays, but I'd hardly call him RW 2.0. Roy was much more a playmaker than Mays ever was, while Mays posses the measurables that RW didn't have (6'3 vs 6'0 and speed). I'd almost compare him to Laron Landry.

Boyz981

Reaction score
terrence-cody.jpg

Is this body Ready for the NFL?? T.cody

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Dcowboy84;3257460 said:
to be fair on Mays, and i'm biased as a USC fan, but he never really was asked to go outside and play man coverage on WRs, so it doesn't shock me that he was fooled by some of the moves those guys put on him. and i'd be shocked if NFL teams were planning to use him that way.

i believe he has the speed and quickness to be taught coverage techniques that will make him into an adequate cover safety. i don't think he'll ever excel in coverage but as i said i don't think he's going to be put in a position to do that very often by whatever team he's on.

i see him being asked to be inside the box more often than not....similar to what Arizona does with Adrian Wilson.

My problem with Mays is he isn't even that physical. USC was as bad versus the urn this year as they have been in what seems forever. Mays was playing 15 yards off line the scrimmage plenty, he just couldn't cover anybody.

He's a physical specimen that everyone talking top 5 pick but he just played really awful football in the 3 or 4 games I saw. In one of those games, Oregon or Oregon state, Mays went out banged up the defense which had been playing awful actually started getting stops. It is pretty bad when the defense is better when you are out. his backup immediately made a break up then a run stop in the next 3 or 4 plays.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3257768 said:
I wouldn't take Mays, but I'd hardly call him RW 2.0. Roy was much more a playmaker than Mays ever was, while Mays posses the measurables that RW didn't have (6'3 vs 6'0 and speed). I'd almost compare him to Laron Landry.

Exactly.

And that new pic of Cody... :puke:

How the HELL do you not get into better shape when you know future employers are going to see you with your shirt off like that? Truly disgusting.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Manwiththeplan;3257768 said:

Landry covered tons of ground at LSU and was dominant in the SEC, Taylor Mays looked like crud against the Pac 10 and thus far in the Senior Bowl.

Landry was a far superior player on the college level.

RW31 was basically a LB in college.