View I’m hoping we all take for this week

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Rather than be upset and throw the remote at the wall for picks that we don’t agree with, let’s instead celebrate every new Cowboy and figure out how they can add value.

Every coach/GM/scout is actually trying their best. And have put a lot more time in than we have into every prospect.

So yes at the end of the year the team may decide there’s better people out there to make decisions for the team, but for now let’s celebrate every young man and hope they all live up to what the organization sees for them

I promise we’ll all enjoy the draft a lot more going forward

#PowerofPositivity

TheHerd

Reaction score
Rather than be upset and throw the remote at the wall for picks that we don’t agree with, let’s instead celebrate every new Cowboy and figure out how they can add value.

Every coach/GM/scout is actually trying their best. And have put a lot more time in than we have into every prospect.

So yes at the end of the year the team may decide there’s better people out there to make decisions for the team, but for now let’s celebrate every young man and hope they all live up to what the organization sees for them

#PowerofPositivity

You can't be very popular on this board with that attitude. Doom and gloom, or as most say, realism, rules here. You can't be advocating positive thinking.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

#PowerofPositivity

I have not had a throw the remote reaction since the Morris Claiborne trade/pick.

Before that it was 2009 when the Seahawks traded in front of the Cowboys for Max Unger and the Cowboys passed on both LeSean McCoy and Andy Levitre.

I was puzzled with the Jaylon pick but I assumed the Cowboys had inside info because their Doctor was also Jaylon's Doctor.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Very stoked for the draft. It's like Christmas in April!

Agree! When it was in two days I used to watch all day long. Love it. Now I have to schedule it out but still addicted to watching!

Agree with OP. I used to get upset about us going down and getting basics but they help build sometimes. I think we have enough holes that whoever is taken in 1st should have some talent and upside to help.

sjmike

Reaction score
I will be rooting for each and every player. Still hoping we can swing a deal for ET but will be happy as long as they don't reach or take a risky pick in the second round like they usually do

Techsass

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't predict how I'll react until I see what they do. I don't have a "throw the remote" personality, so I'll probably be OK.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not had a throw the remote reaction since the Morris Claiborne trade/pick.

Before that it was 2009 when the Seahawks traded in front of the Cowboys for Max Unger and the Cowboys passed on both LeSean McCoy and Andy Levitre.

I was puzzled with the Jaylon pick but I assumed the Cowboys had inside info because their Doctor was also Jaylon's Doctor.

What about the Dez pick? :muttley:

Verdict

Reaction score
What about the Dez pick? :muttley:
I personally was happy with the Dez pick. I was happy with it all the way up to the time Dez signed his second contract. I was afraid it was a bad idea to give him a second top 5 contract. Looks like I was right on both ends of that one.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agree! When it was in two days I used to watch all day long. Love it. Now I have to schedule it out but still addicted to watching!

Agree with OP. I used to get upset about us going down and getting basics but they help build sometimes. I think we have enough holes that whoever is taken in 1st should have some talent and upside to help.

I actually became to like the new format as well. Weekend was taken up by the draft, and wife and son did not like it but they knew it was once a year thing. However, I recorded a lot of it on Sunday and watched it later to speed through a lot of the crap.

But now being in the evening, then Saturday, the days do not seem so wasted at times.

I do listen to the Fan and Ticket when the Cowboys are not picking, they have pretty good coverage. But being at the stadium, I may tune in on the TV a bit more. Will see how it goes.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was really happy for that pick! If you would have told me his stats 8 years later I would have been thrilled.

Let’s hope for similar on field results this time around!

Yes I was pushing for Dez and was very happy they selected him. But his time here is now over, so will be interesting to see how the passing game develops. But it starts with Dak's improvement as well.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will be wanting Vea to drop to us, and will be very disappointed if not selected.
I may be so mad, I will come in here and rival all the Dez threads for the off season....:muttley:

Just kidding...

There should be several good players there when we pick. So I will support who they select. In spite of each of our own opinions of how much smarter many think they are over the FO, they do know better than us. Well, a good part of the time. :laugh:

Just remember if they do not go the direction you want in the 1st round, we do have 9 more picks to go the direction you want.
As long as we come out we 3 players on D out of the 1st 4 or 5 picks, I will be happy. Depending on the players of course. :D

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
I will be wanting Vea to drop to us, and will be very disappointed if not selected.
I may be so mad, I will come in here and rival all the Dez threads for the off season....:muttley:

Just kidding...

There should be several good players there when we pick. So I will support who they select. In spite of each of our own opinions of how much smarter many think they are over the FO, they do know better than us. Well, a good part of the time. :laugh:

Just remember if they do not go the direction you want in the 1st round, we do have 9 more picks to go the direction you want.
As long as we come out we 3 players on D out of the 1st 4 or 5 picks, I will be happy. Depending on the players of course. :D
Vea is my favorite too! It would be like a foreign creature playing here. I wasn’t fortunate enough to watch Doomsday defense so it’d be a first to see a Cowboy DT wreck shop!

Irving can do it also. Glover was more of a penetrator than a destroyer. Jay Ratliff was good but Vea has possibility to be all world!!