View I’m hoping we all take for this week

Western

Reaction score
I agree, Vita Vea might slide.
He gets past the Dolphins, Raiders, and Commanders -- he might be ready for the takin'.

Rapid pressure up in the middle scares QB's.
But will Vea be a player in nickel packages, & cause disruption on passing downs?
I don't care, I rolling the dice with Vea if he is there at 19.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Vea is my favorite too! It would be like a foreign creature playing here. I wasn’t fortunate enough to watch Doomsday defense so it’d be a first to see a Cowboy DT wreck shop!

Irving can do it also. Glover was more of a penetrator than a destroyer. Jay Ratliff was good but Vea has possibility to be all world!!

I think with Vea and a stud LB in the 2nd round. Then a S in the 3rd or 4th can really put this D over the top. May an Ol or WR in the 3rd, and S in the 4th if that is the way it works out. But a DT and LB in the 1st 2 rounds IMO is a must.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Rather than be upset and throw the remote at the wall for picks that we don’t agree with, let’s instead celebrate every new Cowboy and figure out how they can add value.

Every coach/GM/scout is actually trying their best. And have put a lot more time in than we have into every prospect.

So yes at the end of the year the team may decide there’s better people out there to make decisions for the team, but for now let’s celebrate every young man and hope they all live up to what the organization sees for them

I promise we’ll all enjoy the draft a lot more going forward

#PowerofPositivity

Good luck with that. This is the week pet cats get euthanized. :muttley:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree, Vita Vea might slide.
He gets past the Dolphins, Raiders, and Commanders -- he might be ready for the takin'.

Rapid pressure up in the middle scares QB's.
But will Vea be a player in nickel packages, & cause disruption on passing downs?
I don't care, I rolling the dice with Vea if he is there at 19.

Vea is a big body that can also move. Stops the run and can pass rush. He can be a 3 down player at the 1-tech we have never had.
If he is there and they do not pick him...well, will save that for draft day depending who else is there to pick, but can't think of who that would be.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Rather than be upset and throw the remote at the wall for picks that we don’t agree with, let’s instead celebrate every new Cowboy and figure out how they can add value.

Every coach/GM/scout is actually trying their best. And have put a lot more time in than we have into every prospect.

So yes at the end of the year the team may decide there’s better people out there to make decisions for the team, but for now let’s celebrate every young man and hope they all live up to what the organization sees for them

I promise we’ll all enjoy the draft a lot more going forward

#PowerofPositivity

Very good Parcells. Post of the week and it's only Sunday!!

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
So when the first 3 picks are:

Lamar Jackson
Hayden Hurst
Nick Chubb

I’m going to be celebrating we have a FO that thinks WAY outside the box than every other organization!

Attaboy, you just keep thinking like that. Outta the box and the grave:laugh:. I'll just keep on believin you're the real Tuna, not the canned vartiety

Proof

Reaction score
Sorry, the best part of the daft is pissing and moaning over the team not what you preferred after doing a bunch of mock drafts and watching YouTube highlights for a couple of months. I’m not giving up my annual tradition for anyone

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
I actually became to like the new format as well. Weekend was taken up by the draft, and wife and son did not like it but they knew it was once a year thing. However, I recorded a lot of it on Sunday and watched it later to speed through a lot of the crap.

But now being in the evening, then Saturday, the days do not seem so wasted at times.

I do listen to the Fan and Ticket when the Cowboys are not picking, they have pretty good coverage. But being at the stadium, I may tune in on the TV a bit more. Will see how it goes.

Exactly on the bolded!!! I used to tell my wife and kids..see ya in a couple of days as I just got up and planted myself in a room. At least now you can prime time watch and still see family some. Plus, as you said, you can DVR some late rounds.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
So when the first 3 picks are:

Lamar Jackson
Hayden Hurst
Nick Chubb

I’m going to be celebrating we have a FO that thinks WAY outside the box than every other organization!

Those picks would really put a burr under a lot of people's saddle

Verdict

Reaction score
I think many of us are pretty reasonable about draft day disappointments, It's the oddball picks that seem to really spin us into orbit.

For instance let's say that the Cowboys took an oddball tight end "to replace Witten" at #19 that was rated by most to be a third or fourth round grade. That would spin us out.

I wasn't on board with Taco but at least we needed him and he was generally thought of as a high second round pick.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can't be very popular on this board with that attitude. Doom and gloom, or as most say, realism, rules here. You can't be advocating positive thinking.
https://lh3.***BROKEN***/-7n5qKR4MyTM/WtBC6Tgg5gI/AAAAAAAA64g/SUbGOKkTnwod9nL5nSEBUqLHb4UI6iI2ACJoC/w245-h250/tumblr_o8qmflHCbn1r8a8mao4_250.gif

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Very stoked for the draft. It's like Christmas in April!
:lmao:its comical if you were to run a side x side comparison to the forum members frenzied touting of their wished for favorites,,,and maybe like to the kids in the orphanage pawing over the new 1950 Sears & Roebuck Christmas catalog:lmao2: