Viking Defense

Cebrin

Reaction score
Tied for 1st place in sacks with 21. Leading sackers are LB Danielle Hunter, a 1st team All Pro in 2019, and Everson Griffen, who played for the Cowboys last season until being traded. Hunter has 6 sacks while Griffen has 4.

Vikings opponent passing percentage is 7th lowest in the league. They are also very good at limiting passing TD's, ranking 6th in this category.

Another familiar name on the Vikings defense is Xavier Woods who starts at safety. Thus far, he has one INT and one forced fumble. He is 3rd place among his teammates in solo tackles.

Wood's INT was against the Cardinals, a game the Vikings would have won but their kicker missed a 37 yard field goal as time expired. The Cardinals won 34-33.

Since then, the Vikings have won 3 out of their last 4 games.

This will not be an easy game for the Cowboys going into the Viking's stadium and playing before a national audience on Sunday Night Football.

We should beat them. I'm not saying we will, but I think we're better. o_O (That was really hard to write. I'm still trying to delete prior DC teams from my mind)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Tied for 1st place in sacks with 21. Leading sackers are LB Danielle Hunter, a 1st team All Pro in 2019, and Everson Griffen, who played for the Cowboys last season until being traded. Hunter has 6 sacks while Griffen has 4.

Vikings opponent passing percentage is 7th lowest in the league. They are also very good at limiting passing TD's, ranking 6th in this category.

Another familiar name on the Vikings defense is Xavier Woods who starts at safety. Thus far, he has one INT and one forced fumble. He is 3rd place among his teammates in solo tackles.

Wood's INT was against the Cardinals, a game the Vikings would have won but their kicker missed a 37 yard field goal as time expired. The Cardinals won 34-33.

This will not be an easy game for the Cowboys going into the Viking's stadium and playing before a national audience on Sunday Night Football.
All of that sounds like bad news for our offence but why are you burying the lead?... taking on that Viking defense with a backup QB. ;)

T-RO

Reaction score
As usual a scared Cowboys fan left out that the Vikings will be without their top cornerback. The Vikings are an average team that has holes. They should have beaten the Cardinals but should have lost to the Vikings. They are headed to a 9-8 or 8-9 season. We should beat them.

There was nothing in PlasticMan's post to indicate any fear whatsoever. Maybe you are projecting? I find those that can't respect their opponents are a curious psychological bird. They are usually the first to melt down and run to mother during game day threads.

Zman5

Reaction score
Funny because their fans think we’re going to shred them. With Peterson out they think they have one of the worst secondary.

KeepinTime

Reaction score

Wonder if Xavier is giving the Vikings 100% effort. Knucklehead.

plymkr

Reaction score
No, it isn’t an easy game. The Vikes are pretty well coached and they have some good players.

Dallas will need to play well and limit mistakes in order to walk out with a victory. They can’t skate through this like they’re much better than Minn. They need to be focused.

Their edge rushers are pretty good and can make Dak move off his spot… which is more of a concern now because of his calf. The OL will need to be sharp.

The Cowboys defense needs to limit Cook’s impact because the Vikes system is difficult to stop in the running game. Just shut down the run and hit Cousins some.

Dallas is such a tough, physical team though. I feel like they’ll wear Minn. down and kind of pull away some in the 4th if they can limit any mistakes.

I’m really looking forward to this game.
I'm looking forward to this game as well. I feel this will be our toughest team since week 1. This will be a good gauge on how good we really are. I'm looking forward to it but admittedly a little nervous we'll lose.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
As usual a scared Cowboys fan left out that the Vikings will be without their top cornerback. The Vikings are an average team that has holes. They should have beaten the Cardinals but should have lost to the Vikings. They are headed to a 9-8 or 8-9 season. We should beat them.
The Vikings should have lost to the Vikings? No duh....

Well of course our earthly Vikings would lose to a team that's travel through a wormhole, from another universe in present tense. That team was coached by Dark Vader and quarterbacked by He-Man. They don't want to start an intergalactic war with them. That's a lose or die scenario. So I'm actually glad our Vikings lost to those Vikings, as you say. Our lives depended on it.

+++Earth forever+++

P S. before you speak ill of others, make sure your post is proof positive.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, it isn’t an easy game. The Vikes are pretty well coached and they have some good players.

Dallas will need to play well and limit mistakes in order to walk out with a victory. They can’t skate through this like they’re much better than Minn. They need to be focused.

Their edge rushers are pretty good and can make Dak move off his spot… which is more of a concern now because of his calf. The OL will need to be sharp.

The Cowboys defense needs to limit Cook’s impact because the Vikes system is difficult to stop in the running game. Just shut down the run and hit Cousins some.

Dallas is such a tough, physical team though. I feel like they’ll wear Minn. down and kind of pull away some in the 4th if they can limit any mistakes.

Another thing Minnesota can tear apart our pass defense if we dont get pressure. Cousins is just a chain mover, but he is a damn effective one. And he has two elite(ish with Thielin) WR's. Cousins isnt a great guy inside the 10, so we really need to win there VS. Cook

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
The Vikings should have lost to the Vikings? No duh....

Well of course our earthly Vikings would lose to a team that's travel through a wormhole, from another universe in present tense. That team was coached by Dark Vader and quarterbacked by He-Man. They don't want to start an intergalactic war with them. That's a lose or die scenario. So I'm actually glad our Vikings lost to those Vikings, as you say. Our lives depended on it.

+++Earth forever+++

P S. before you speak ill of others, make sure your post is proof positive.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

CWR

Reaction score

Yup and Jefferson, Thieland, and Cooks are all ballers. We will have our hands full.

blueblood70

Reaction score

no one believe it will be easy they can also score their offense isnt far off as ours...

Odd that Griffin was done, washed up a bad FA and Woods couldn't play

the narratives around here are precious..most are wrong

apparently Awuzie isnt doing to awfully bad either

odd how different culture, coaching, and better scheme fit can change players narrative

let me clue you in all game are tough in the NFl any given Sunday but typically the best team wins..might be late close hard fought win but this game to me is push..pickem

if Daks calf aint right we will struggle,,

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We are unstoppable. What we need to worry about is dalvin cook and those wide receivers. We are too good on offense to not put up 20+ on any opponent. Just need our defense to keep us in the game.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We are unstoppable. What we need to worry about is dalvin cook and those wide receivers. We are too good on offense to not put up 20+ on any opponent. Just need our defense to keep us in the game.
injuries can stop people, mistakes can stop people...we nearly lost to NE with penatlies and mistakes all game..

NO ONES unstoppable

Daks calf is concern playing or not

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
injuries can stop people, mistakes can stop people...we nearly lost to NE with penatlies and mistakes all game..

NO ONES unstoppable

Daks calf is concern playing or not

Nope. Unstoppable. Injuries, penalties have slowed the offense but haven't stopped us and won't. They may not get 30 points a game but even bad teams can get 20+.

ghst187

Reaction score
This is the game on this next stretch I like the least. Minn can be pretty darned good on both sides of the ball when they are playing well. Cousins can go for 300 and 3tds or 150 and 2 INTs on any day, just never know. They always seem to play us really tough though. And it’s at their place.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Nope. Unstoppable. Injuries, penalties have slowed the offense but haven't stopped us and won't. They may not get 30 points a game but even bad teams can get 20+.
TB stopped us

we had to fight to overcome mistakes the last 2-3 games where we allowed teams to stay in it..turnovers and penalties on offense plus add injurie ie daks calf

not unstoppable..ok big head syndrome..

overconfidence..smh:rolleyes:

blueblood70

Reaction score
umm Cousins is playing every bit as good as Dak this year ..maybe pay attention.go look at the qb rankings,... Cousins is playing at a high level.

Kirk Cousins
1769 7.4 239 166 0.695 13 2 105.4

Dak Prescott
1813 8.4 216 158 0.731 16 4 115