Viking Defense

RonWashington

Reaction score
Cousins is the type of QB that could dissect our defense too.

On the other hand Cousins can get rattled like a baby toy and I can see Diggs digging the scene and Gregory going off. The Chiefs offense poses more issues for the Cowboys then the Vikings.

quickccc

Reaction score
It's a wonder what DQ would have done with Griffin. I think the entire defence knew Nolan was not the guy to lead them.

MM needs to take ownership of that awful hiring. It was his buddy and it absolutely destroyed their chances last year before Dak even got hurt

Griffin excelled in Vikes 4-3 scheme ... he even gave Tyron Smith some fits when we played Vikes a couple of years back (Vikes upset us in a loss)

If we had used EG as the Vikes did in a 4 man front .. vs what the hell Nolan and Tomsula used him, he could have been much more effective .. but we had him standing up,
.. switching him from RE to LE in every two plays dropping in passing lanes, ..we did not know what the hell we were doing, .and we wasted his FA signing ..

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Vikings are underachievers but they will give all they got vs Dallas just like every other team we play.

Not to mention Minnesota is a tough place to play

It would not surprise me if we lose and we’ve won so many it’s gotten to the point where I’m surprised we haven’t lost yet.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was just watching the MM show, and David Moore made a comment that they are getting back two guys on offense for the Vikings game.
Collins and Gallup.
We know Collins is back, but this is the first I heard about Gallup. Did he let something out that is not announced yet. Or is he speculating.
Or did I miss that Gallup will be back and was announced.

JayFord

Reaction score
its about time we start changing our way of thinking

we have an unstoppable offense and the Vikings need to worry about that

we have an oppourtunistic defense that gives up yards but can force 2 takeaways and the more you give us the ball the more we can score it

Cousins and Jefferson will have their moments and Cook and Theilen will as well we just have to limit it

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
No, it isn’t an easy game. The Vikes are pretty well coached and they have some good players.

Dallas will need to play well and limit mistakes in order to walk out with a victory.

Dallas is such a tough, physical team though. I feel like they’ll wear Minn. down and kind of pull away some in the 4th if they can limit any mistakes.

I’m really looking forward to this game.

Yep, Vikings didnt play well to start but coming good in the last few games. Zimmer’s defense is always good and Cousins - depends on which day you get him could be dangerous.

Both teams had bye week to prepare for each other, good contest !

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Tied for 1st place in sacks with 21. Leading sackers are LB Danielle Hunter, a 1st team All Pro in 2019, and Everson Griffen, who played for the Cowboys last season until being traded. Hunter has 6 sacks while Griffen has 4.

Vikings opponent passing percentage is 7th lowest in the league. They are also very good at limiting passing TD's, ranking 6th in this category.

Another familiar name on the Vikings defense is Xavier Woods who starts at safety. Thus far, he has one INT and one forced fumble. He is 3rd place among his teammates in solo tackles.

Wood's INT was against the Cardinals, a game the Vikings would have won but their kicker missed a 37 yard field goal as time expired. The Cardinals won 34-33.

Since then, the Vikings have won 3 out of their last 4 games.

This will not be an easy game for the Cowboys going into the Viking's stadium and playing before a national audience on Sunday Night Football.
A good test for this young team

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MM show, he said since the Vikings also have a bye week, all the scouting and stuff been done, for the most part...my words not his.

But he said something interesting. On Monday, I took it every Monday in meetings. They do something called "across the hall".
This is where the defensive coaches, coach the offense, and offenses coach the defense. It gives the players a different perspective, and increases the teams IQ on what to do and look for.

noletime95

Reaction score
Will be a tough game. Vikes almost beat AZ and CIN on the road. Plenty of weapons on offense hopefully the Cowboys turn them over a couple times.

If Dak is good to the offense should score 30. But a limited Dak would be tough. Either way I expect a one possession game.

quickccc

Reaction score
Don’t sleep on Jefferson and Theilen.

they are gonna move the ball ... seems like everyone does that ... question is what happens when they get to our 20 yard line on defense.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
On the other hand Cousins can get rattled like a baby toy and I can see Diggs digging the scene and Gregory going off. The Chiefs offense poses more issues for the Cowboys then the Vikings.
Let's hope for your scenario for the Vikings game.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
MM show, he said since the Vikings also have a bye week, all the scouting and stuff been done, for the most part...my words not his.

But he said something interesting. On Monday, I took it every Monday in meetings. They do something called "across the hall".
This is where the defensive coaches, coach the offense, and offenses coach the defense. It gives the players a different perspective, and increases the teams IQ on what to do and look for.
I can't believe every team hasn't always done this

Creeper

Reaction score
Will be a tough game. Vikes almost beat AZ and CIN on the road. Plenty of weapons on offense hopefully the Cowboys turn them over a couple times.

If Dak is good to the offense should score 30. But a limited Dak would be tough. Either way I expect a one possession game.

I hope they ALMOST beat the Cowboys too.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Vikings game is probably the most difficult game left on our schedule. With the way the Chiefs and Broncos look, a win against Minny could set us up for a huge run.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score

Every time I learn a bit more of Big M's coaching, i like it even more .

JG would have never done an "Across the Hall" .