Vikings fan scouting report

PearsonPushedOff

Reaction score
Howdy fellas an ever unfortunate Vikings fan here to give you guys some insight as to where my favorite emotionally abusive football team is at. I'll give a slight overview then hit positions.

Offense: this is a biggie as we feel our coaches inability to unleash his offense is limting this team severely. Zim seemed to get a lead then try to run the clock out even if it's the second quarter so they let teams they should blow out stick around. We think he might have gotten it against Carolina. First year OC Klint Kubiak absolutely schooled the Panthers DC last game.

QB: Kirk Cousins has 37 TD's and 5 interceptions in his last 16 games. He has been better in every facet this year and has been absolutely cold blooded in clutch time. The fact still remains that he must be protected. The one game we did not we fell apart.

OL. A surprisingly steady group this year. The addition of rookie Christian Darrisaw at LT made a big difference in how they do against power rushing teams that we're eating them alive. 4 of our 5 lineman were Left Tackles in college, they wash speed rushers with ease.

RB: Dalvin is Dalvin. He'll do Dalvin things. If he gets hurt Alexander Mattison is more than capable.

WR: Thielen broke Carolinas back and between him and Jefferson they can be quite literally unguardable. KJ Osborn has more yards from our WR3 in 6 games than anyone has in a full season in 6 years. He is Kirk's security blanket.

TE: solid but unspectacular. Conklin is a decent receiver, and Herndon caught his first TD last game. They are both decent blockers.

Defense: another coaching question. Zim wants to run his patented 4-2-5 AA gap set, but it's kind of been figured out. His team, especially in the secondary is more adept at a single high zone. It's a well stocked defense that should run on pressure and turn overs but is run more like a "get em to 3rd down" thing.

D-Line: Hunter and Griffin continue to cause havoc from the ends. Griffin, this year has really come on. Michael Pierce returning would be huge. He's a 330lb nose tackle with surprising pass rushing ability: when paired with the similar Dalvin Tomlinson they cause huge problems for running games. If he can't Armon Watts and James Lynch are both capable backups.

LB: Anthony Barr coming back has been huge. Without him they don't really have a second level run defender besides Harrison Smith. With him suddenly Erik Kendricks becomes your weakest link and Kendricks is still one of the best cover LB's in the league. Harrison Smith will continue to play Zim's WLB/SS/JOKER role as he has for 8 years.

Secondary: Xavier Smith plays the FS. He's been pretty good, not great, but good. The CB's are a problem. Pat Peterson was the leader and against Carolina was repeatedly calling the offenses plays in real time. He is out. This leaves Bashaud Breeland, Kam Danztler, and Mac Alexander to start. Breeland is a POS and I hope they cut him. Dantzler is talented, but did something to piss Zim off because he's been in the dogpound all year, now he starts. Mac is solid.

So... Pretty much if you get to Kirk the offense will crumble, if you don't we can pretty easily put 30 on you. If you can run the ball the defense is screwed because our secondary is.... Mercurial. If you can't you'll probably still put 30 on us.

Vikings 48
Cowboys 6

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
Howdy fellas an ever unfortunate Vikings fan here to give you guys some insight as to where my favorite emotionally abusive football team is at. I'll give a slight overview then hit positions.

Offense: this is a biggie as we feel our coaches inability to unleash his offense is limting this team severely. Zim seemed to get a lead then try to run the clock out even if it's the second quarter so they let teams they should blow out stick around. We think he might have gotten it against Carolina. First year OC Klint Kubiak absolutely schooled the Panthers DC last game.

QB: Kirk Cousins has 37 TD's and 5 interceptions in his last 16 games. He has been better in every facet this year and has been absolutely cold blooded in clutch time. The fact still remains that he must be protected. The one game we did not we fell apart.

OL. A surprisingly steady group this year. The addition of rookie Christian Darrisaw at LT made a big difference in how they do against power rushing teams that we're eating them alive. 4 of our 5 lineman were Left Tackles in college, they wash speed rushers with ease.

RB: Dalvin is Dalvin. He'll do Dalvin things. If he gets hurt Alexander Mattison is more than capable.

WR: Thielen broke Carolinas back and between him and Jefferson they can be quite literally unguardable. KJ Osborn has more yards from our WR3 in 6 games than anyone has in a full season in 6 years. He is Kirk's security blanket.

TE: solid but unspectacular. Conklin is a decent receiver, and Herndon caught his first TD last game. They are both decent blockers.

Defense: another coaching question. Zim wants to run his patented 4-2-5 AA gap set, but it's kind of been figured out. His team, especially in the secondary is more adept at a single high zone. It's a well stocked defense that should run on pressure and turn overs but is run more like a "get em to 3rd down" thing.

D-Line: Hunter and Griffin continue to cause havoc from the ends. Griffin, this year has really come on. Michael Pierce returning would be huge. He's a 330lb nose tackle with surprising pass rushing ability: when paired with the similar Dalvin Tomlinson they cause huge problems for running games. If he can't Armon Watts and James Lynch are both capable backups.

LB: Anthony Barr coming back has been huge. Without him they don't really have a second level run defender besides Harrison Smith. With him suddenly Erik Kendricks becomes your weakest link and Kendricks is still one of the best cover LB's in the league. Harrison Smith will continue to play Zim's WLB/SS/JOKER role as he has for 8 years.

Secondary: Xavier Smith plays the FS. He's been pretty good, not great, but good. The CB's are a problem. Pat Peterson was the leader and against Carolina was repeatedly calling the offenses plays in real time. He is out. This leaves Bashaud Breeland, Kam Danztler, and Mac Alexander to start. Breeland is a POS and I hope they cut him. Dantzler is talented, but did something to piss Zim off because he's been in the dogpound all year, now he starts. Mac is solid.

So... Pretty much if you get to Kirk the offense will crumble, if you don't we can pretty easily put 30 on you. If you can run the ball the defense is screwed because our secondary is.... Mercurial. If you can't you'll probably still put 30 on us.

Vikings 48
Cowboys 6
What the hell? You just gave two scenarios where we'd put up 30 on y'all, yet you still give us six points.

Cousin's will throw 5 ints in this game. After one big hit he's shell shocked for the rest of the game.

Dallas 46
Vikings 10

PearsonPushedOff

Reaction score
What the hell? You just gave two scenarios where we'd put up 30 on y'all, yet you still give us six points.

Cousin's will throw 5 ints in this game. After one big hit he's shell shocked for the rest of the game.

Dallas 46
Vikings 10

That's the joke bud. Honestly I see you guys putting up 27-33 points. If we can stay with you we can bring it down to the end and we'll see, but there's no scenario I see in whch the Vikings actually blow out the Cowboys.

Honest opinion:
Cowboys 27
Vikings 23

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
That's the joke bud. Honestly I see you guys putting up 27-33 points. If we can stay with you we can bring it down to the end and we'll see, but there's no scenario I see in whch the Vikings actually blow out the Cowboys.

Honest opinion:
Cowboys 27
Vikings 23
I like your user name. Very bias.
:thumbup: