Vince Carter Off The Backboard Dunk

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
jacs said:
Best dunker of all time and this was better then TMac's dunk a few years ago.

Video Link

With all due respect, Jacs, Isaiah Rider was a prick... but his between the legs dunk a few years back dissed everything before and since...

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
Vince best dunker of all time? Have you ever seen the man they call Dominique Wilkins?

Reaction score
He's a Tar Heel so I have to agree, he's the best dunker ever....Of course so was MJ, but I really do think Vince is a better dunker.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone remember Spud Web?

It was not his dunks that really were so amazing, it was the idea he could get so high for being so small that made them look amazing.

But Like someone else said, Wilkins was the man in Slam Dunks IMO.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it's different styles more than anything else. Vince's dunks project more power to go with flair. I think MJ and Nique just had more flair than anything power. Nique may have had more power than MJ. Height wise, I think they're all what and what. Nique could do more with his dunks while MJ had major hang time. I think that's the beauty of their dunks is that they can jump, do all the gymnastics and then slam it home. with AUTHORI-TIE.

Anyway, I like them all and I can sit and enjoy most of the slam dunk contests. except for the one that Desmond Mason won. That year was the worst.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
I think it's different styles more than anything else. Vince's dunks project more power to go with flair. I think MJ and Nique just had more flair than anything power. Nique may have had more power than MJ. Height wise, I think they're all what and what. Nique could do more with his dunks while MJ had major hang time. I think that's the beauty of their dunks is that they can jump, do all the gymnastics and then slam it home. with AUTHORI-TIE.

Anyway, I like them all and I can sit and enjoy most of the slam dunk contests. except for the one that Desmond Mason won. That year was the worst.
The worst was Kenny "Sky" Walker:puke:

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Not even close.....he may jump higher but he'll never have the flair MJ and Nique had.

what is flair?

Did you saw the 2000 Dunk Contest? and that is only some of the stuff he can do. He is the best dunker he might not like that because he makes it look so easy.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
jacs said:
what is flair?

Did you saw the 2000 Dunk Contest? and that is only some of the stuff he can do. He is the best dunker he might not like that because he makes it look so easy.
Sorry but you are :banghead: .....you'll never convince me that VC is better than MJ or Nique

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Sorry but you are :banghead: .....you'll never convince me that VC is better than MJ or Nique

well im not trying because he is

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
We'll have to agree to disagree. I'd take Dr J over VC anyday also.
That shouldn't even be a debate. Dr. J will always reign supreme in my book. Style points go to MJ and Nique. But VC is definitely tops among some of the current guys and if you're only judging from the past 5 years or so.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
That shouldn't even be a debate. Dr. J will always reign supreme in my book. Style points go to MJ and Nique. But VC is definitely tops among some of the current guys and if you're only judging from the past 5 years or so.
I will agree he's the best of the current players but not all time. The only player that is close to VC jumping ability is Stromile Swift. I have seen him live and it's freaky how high he gets.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister said:
I will agree he's the best of the current players but not all time. The only player that is close to VC jumping ability is Stromile Swift. I have seen him live and it's freaky how high he gets.
Yeah I would never claim VC's the greatest of all-time, but he's pretty decent IMO.

Well, since I'm in Tx, don't get to see much Swift. Course, I saw Steve Francis dunk all the time and he's really got some hops on him, but I wouldn't call him the most creative. There's alot of guys who jump high and don't have the artistry necessary to "THROW IT DOWN, BIG MAN. THROW IT DOWN!" :eek:

Ok I had a Bill Walton moment. Forgive me. :p:

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
i know you guys are old school but they have nothing on VC went it comes to dunking. He makes every dunk look effortless and so easy (between the legs, 360, 360 windmill, dunking on people, etc) and he was making these type of dunk since late high school early college.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
jacs said:
i know you guys are old school but they have nothing on VC went it comes to dunking. He makes every dunk look effortless and so easy (between the legs, 360, 360 windmill, dunking on people, etc) and he was making these type of dunk since late high school early college.
See that's where your logic is flawed.

I'm not old school, I just respect what the guys before VC have done. If you ever get a chance to watch some of these cats, you'd see Vince, while good, he's not the first to do it. How do you think he even got the idea to even do some of the things he does? Doesn't matter if it's the first time YOU'VE ever seen it. If it wasn't for guys like Dr. J, Nique, MJ, and Spud Webb, there would be no VC.

It's okay to express man-love for Vince, but you gotta respect the history from whence he came.