Vince Carter Off The Backboard Dunk

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Woody'sGirl said:
See that's where your logic is flawed.

I'm not old school, I just respect what the guys before VC have done. If you ever get a chance to watch some of these cats, you'd see Vince, while good, he's not the first to do it. How do you think he even got the idea to even do some of the things he does? Doesn't matter if it's the first time YOU'VE ever seen it. If it wasn't for guys like Dr. J, Nique, MJ, and Spud Webb, there would be no VC.

It's okay to express man-love for Vince, but you gotta respect the history from whence he came.

:laugh2: nice personal attackts, Carter does more and does them better and like you said it dosent matter if its the first time or the 50th but its how he does them and like i said you are old school.

azcowboy

Reaction score
For me, Dr. J was the best ever at the dunks. However that dunk by Carter last night during the game was awesome!! The whole bar went crazy on that one last night!! Amare's reverse dunk on the ally oop wasnt too shabby either!!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The greatest dunker ever was Dr. J. Everyone else was inspired by him. He is the original high flyer. His hands were huge so he could do ridiculous things with the ball. His dunk over Michael Cooper (a great defender) is the best dunk I have ever seen because it was with a man trying to stop him.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I have watched the video a few times tonight and yes it was a great dunk but no way it is one of the best dunks ever. VC is an amazing dunker but I have seen the same dunk in pretty much every dunk contest I have ever seen. MJ's free throw line or Spuds reverse double pump behind the head dunk are two the best I have ever seen.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I have watched the video a few times tonight and yes it was a great dunk but no way it is one of the best dunks ever. VC is an amazing dunker but I have seen the same dunk in pretty much every dunk contest I have ever seen. MJ's free throw line or Spuds reverse double pump behind the head dunk are two the best I have ever seen.

its a good dunk but i didnt say that it was the best dunk of all time.

BigWillie

Reaction score
The two best dunks in recent memory are both by Vince Carter, IMO.

1.) The dunk over Frederic Weis. I'm sure most remember this as it's been everywhere over the internet in clips. Weis is a big 7 footer that Vince leaped over during an Olympic qualifier a few years back. It was just unbelievable to see him jump over Weis and throw down that dunk.

2.) A lesser known dunk was at a playground game by Vince. I believe it was on the And1 series, but I'm not for sure. Anyhow, Vince caught an alley-oop from the time line, and in the highest point of his jump as he caught the ball he wind-milled it in. Probably the best dunk I've ever seen in my life. My description does it no justice whatsoever.

If no one remembers these two, I suggest you download them. I normally don't promote P2P ;) but if you have one, use it to find those two dunks. The first one will be easy, but I believe most files have the second one listed under a Rucker Park game for Vince, even though it wasn't. Just search for "Vince Carter Rucker Park" and it should come up.