Vince Young drafted by...

garyv

Reaction score
What position and team do you think actually drafts Vince Young?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
3rd to Tennessee.

Someone will trade with NO to get Lienart and that takes the pressure off Tenn and they take Young.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy said:
3rd to Tennessee.

Someone will trade with NO to get Lienart and that takes the pressure off Tenn and they take Young.

People in your neck of the woods really wanting Vince Young?

I figure you hear enough from the crowd in the state and would have a feeling for what they are wanting.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
DiscipleofTuna said:
Im thinking Oakland. They may even trade up to get him.

I'm thinking the same thing. I think Cutler and Leinart go before Young and Raiders clearly need a QB

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
People in your neck of the woods really wanting Vince Young?

I figure you hear enough from the crowd in the state and would have a feeling for what they are wanting.

Well most "People" want Lienart. AS a matter of fact, the coaching staff want Lienart, but the owner LOVES Vince YOung and so does most of the FO. They also see him as another Steve McNair. So when the smoke clears if there is a choice the FO gets the call.

Duane

Reaction score
DiscipleofTuna said:
Im thinking Oakland. They may even trade up to get him.
:hammer:

Seems like a perfect player for Al Davis.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
as far as position I think they may let him try QB first ;)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cajuncowboy said:
Well most "People" want Lienart. AS a matter of fact, the coaching staff want Lienart, but the owner LOVES Vince YOung and so does most of the FO. They also see him as another Steve McNair. So when the smoke clears if there is a choice the FO gets the call.

There was an interesting discussion on one of the espn draft specials about this topic.

They said if they want a chance to win quicker then they should go with Matt because he basically knows the offense due to Norm Chow being there.

Said if they take Vince then they know they will have to wait a bit for him to get NFL ready.

I keep thinking Matt as well because of them getting Norm last year but who knows.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I hear a lot of people saying Oakland and Young and I'm with those who say they can see it happening. Having said that, if they do take Young, I would like to be the first in line to try and aquire Walter. I liked him in college, I liked better then any QB coming out that year and I still like him. I think he can be a heck of a QB if he gets a chance.

ljs44

Reaction score
garyv said:
What position and team do you think actually drafts Vince Young?

Not sure, but whoever does will be EXTREMELY happy.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy said:
3rd to Tennessee.

What he said.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy said:

The owner wants Young because no matter how badly he struggles, Young is exciting. Exciting players put fannies in the seats and cash in the owner's pocket.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
The owner wants Young because no matter how badly he struggles, Young is exciting. Exciting players put fannies in the seats and cash in the owner's pocket.

At 1st chances are your right however winning put fanny in the seats and as much as fans may like a particular player those same fans will turn on a player if things go south. If your going to draft a player then draft a guy who you think will overall help your team win not who is the most popular guy today.

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
At 1st chances are your right however winning put fanny in the seats and as much as fans may like a particular player those same fans will turn on a player if things go south. If your going to draft a player then draft a guy who you think will overall help your team win not who is the most popular guy today.

Jacksonville -winning team with a stout defense and plodding offense -season ticket sales down.

Atlanta -- mediocre team with Michael Vick -- sales up.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski said:
Jacksonville -winning team with a stout defense and plodding offense -season ticket sales down.

Atlanta -- mediocre team with Michael Vick -- sales up.

May be the case in Jacksonville but by and large I would think people are more interested in winning. As for Alt had they not made it to the playoffs with Vick there is a good chance that those sales would not be up as he has been struggling. Worst thing any franchise can do is have the fans dictate what they do and who they pick up because as I said fans turn on players quickly if things don't go well.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Barring no N.O. trade, I think Leinart will go to Tenn. as the more finished and ready prospect.

I think Oakland is the destination if no other trades occur. Cutler won't go before VY; his hype is finally cooling down and #10 (Arizona) will be the highest he'll go. Don't count out those wacky Lions though.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
I think TN taking Young or Leinert depends on if they want to keep McNair around for another year. If they go with Leinert McNair is gone. If they go with Young they need McNair as a mentor.