Vince Young drafted by...

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
I think TN taking Young or Leinert depends on if they want to keep McNair around for another year. If they go with Leinert McNair is gone. If they go with Young they need McNair as a mentor.
THe problem is, if the Jets trade up to 2, they're not going to get a choice. It seems pretty likely to me that the Jets are trading up to 2.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
Minnesota WILL trade up for either Lienart, Cutler or Young

So I'm assuming they wouldnt mind Someone like Young who is comparable is most aspects to a Daunte Culpepper type guy, but with health.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
IMO, it's a done deal, VY to the Titans. It's being reported everywhere that VY is who Bud Adams and Floyd Reese want. I don't see anyone trading up to #2 to jump the Titans.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CaptainAmerica said:
IMO, it's a done deal, VY to the Titans. It's being reported everywhere that VY is who Bud Adams and Floyd Reese want. I don't see anyone trading up to #2 to jump the Titans.
I dunno. I think there's a very good chance the Jets trade up to that position. It may not cost them much since there aren't that many suitors and, as you say, the Titans are perfectly happy with Young, but I think they'll do it just to ensure their pick of Leinart.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
OK I will go out on a limb and predict that he will be drafted by the Texans. There's a couple of reasons for this.

First, Alex Smith received a $20mil signing bonus last year and this year's first round pick will want a 20% increase in that (to the 24mil to 26mil range). That is ridiculous money, and way too much to tie up in a running back.

Second, the Texans are floundering as an organization and could use a home town hero to drum up support.

Finally, I really do believe Vince Young is the real deal. Bush, for as great as he is, is a running back and they can be found rather easily in this league. But franchise quarterbacks are a rare breed in this league.