Vinny,JJ, Michael & Jerome...

ibis

Benched
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
ROFL!! THey didn't baptize me in the waters of Liberation Theology til age 18, but I was born for that ride, anyway. So did you "do" the Venceremos Brigade while other kids were in Florida on Spring break? I made it as far as Moscow, lol, Nicaragua, and Palestine during the Intifada. Left of Leon, Ibis. :p

Those were the days.
..actually I come from a long line of Lefties,my grandparents being Communists in the 30's...not an affectation but head busting reality...I have an interest in "The Great Patriotic War" so have been to Stalingrad & Leningrad,never Moscow...met Daniel Ortega...was once in the same room as Fidel...as for Chairman Arafat....never had the pleasure...

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
ibis said:
..actually I come from a long line of Lefties,my grandparents being Communists in the 30's...not an affectation but head busting reality...I have an interest in "The Great Patriotic War" so have been to Stalingrad & Leningrad,never Moscow...met Daniel Ortega...was once in the same room as Fidel...as for Chairman Arafat....never had the pleasure...
I visited the cemetary/memorial at Stalingrad, as well as the beautiful city of once again St Pete's in August 85 (awesome white nights, but the Hermitage was closed for renovation). I was in Russia as a delegate to the "12th Conference/Festival of Youth and Students", an event that ended my brief card-carrying days and sent me running back to the Trotskyite neo-anarchist Chomsky set fast. Something about the scared, pitiful faces of the populace convinced me that just as freedom without justice sucks, the reverse is also true. Loved the Cuban delegation tho. They could 'party'.

Who hasn't met that slut Ortega? His portrait hung with the Pope's at BC, and plaese, don't forget to make this month's Sinn Fein doantion.

This is too political now. Don't make me move it to..you know where.

Yah, I was a Baby Red too. Yankee blue blood Mayflower mom and second gen Italian-American dad with a Sacco and Vanzetti complex. Recipe for life long lefty. :D