Video: Vintage Romo

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And how would any of them have done on the teams Romo played on?

One other point I’ll make on Foles he’s been MUCH better than Romo in elimination games. It’s Romo s poor elimination game record that really put the stigma on him. Foles is 4-0 in elimation games including the SB. His TD to turnover ratio in those games is 8-1 and he’s never had a passer rating lower than 100.1 in any of those games. His passer rating is over 115.0 in elimination games.

erod

Reaction score
One other point I’ll make on Foles he’s been MUCH better than Romo in elimination games. It’s Romo s poor elimination game record that really put the stigma on him. Foles is 4-0 in elimation games including the SB. His TD to turnover ratio in those games is 8-1 and he’s never had a passer rating lower than 100.1 in any of those games. His passer rating is over 115.0 in elimination games.
But how many points did he have to score on those "elimination games.?

erod

Reaction score
No need. He'll chime in with some other unoriginal BS I've heard 100 times. Notice he says everything is "stupid?" That's all he has. He's "winning"

Lmao. If you feel the need to repeatedly state that you are winning an internet discussion you have no case, lmao. The only thing that would make this more pathetic and hilarious is if it were in person so everyone could hear the laughter.
Roger, Troy, and I are wrong, and you've got it nailed. Lol

The Cowboys fan base is the most pathetic in all of professional sports worldwide. The criticisms are dead on.

Case in point.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
I don’t buy this. I will agree the defense was the weak link, but the seasons typically came down to a particular game to determine if the season continued on or not. So, even if the defense stunk up and the offense was great up until that point where the rubber met the road , it didn’t matter. What mattered is what occurred during that game and what actually happened was the offense typically underperformed their season average and the average of the opponent’s defense. The defense typically outperformed their season averages and the averages of the offense they were playing against.

It wasn’t the offense scoring a bunch of points and the defense sucking. I get the defense wasn’t great, but the offense only averaged like 19 points a game in the do or die games. Even if we had a great defense you aren’t winning many games like that.
I have no idea what you're trying to say. The offense wasn't scoring a lot of points because it takes protection and run-blocking from an offensive line first and foremost, i.e., it starts in the trenches. Also, if the season comes down to a "do or die" game to make the playoffs, 99 times out of 100, the team you're a part of is not going far in the playoffs, let alone to a Super Bowl victory. Outside of probably an Elway or Marino, it doesn't matter who you're quarterback is. You need a complete team on both sides of the ball to go far in the playoffs where the competition only gets more difficult. Even Elway or Marino couldn't "elevate" their teams and win a Super Bowl "on their own" whatever that means.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
But how many points did he have to score on those "elimination games.?

One correction on Foles he was 4-1 in elimination games. If you’re referring to Foles he had to put up 41 points against NE to win that SB because his defense got shredded by Brady for over 500 passing yards, 3 TDs and 33 points. Our defense never got shredded like that in any of Romos elimination game losses.

erod

Reaction score
One correction on Foles he was 4-1 in elimination games. If you’re referring to Foles he had to put up 41 points against NE to win that SB because his defense got shredded by Brady for almost 500 passing yards and 33 points. Our defense never got shredded like that in any of Romos elimination game losses.
He was good in the postseason, but that defense made it pretty confortable. They were freaking out late in the regular season because he looked terrible.

Gator88

Reaction score
One correction on Foles he was 4-1 in elimination games. If you’re referring to Foles he had to put up 41 points against NE to win that SB because his defense got shredded by Brady for over 500 passing yards, 3 TDs and 33 points. Our defense never got shredded like that in any of Romos elimination game losses.
:lmao:

aria

Reaction score
The Cowboys fan base is the most pathetic in all of professional sports worldwide. The criticisms are dead on.

Case in point.

Is that because a large majority like to live in the past and talk about how great things “used to be”? Or how they won’t stop talking about a “catch”? Or because they continue to have a middle school like crush on a retired QB and won’t stop talking about him?

Honestly, what do you mean? Those are some of my top criticisms and the ones I hear most about from fans of other teams. After seeing threads like this and Dez “catch” threads I can’t argue with them.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He was good in the postseason, but that defense made it pretty confortable. They were freaking out late in the regular season because he looked terrible.

He had an OUTSTANDING postseason. His passer rating was just over 115.0. His defense didn’t make it comfortable at all for him in the Super Bowl because Philly got shredded by Brady for over 500 passing yards including 3 TDs and 33 points. Our defense never got shredded like that in any of Romo’s elimination game losses.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Escobar was supposed to square his route off and shield the LB behind him. Instead of squaring it off, he drifted back and gave the LB space to make a play on the ball. If he runs parallel to the line he has to go through him to make that play.

You can see the drift here

Romo lovers always in denial. His chokeness knew no bounds.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I have no idea what you're trying to say. The offense wasn't scoring a lot of points because it takes protection and run-blocking from an offensive line first and foremost, i.e., it starts in the trenches. Also, if the season comes down to a "do or die" game to make the playoffs, 99 times out of 100, the team you're a part of is not going far in the playoffs, let alone to a Super Bowl victory. Outside of probably an Elway or Marino, it doesn't matter who you're quarterback is. You need a complete team on both sides of the ball to go far in the playoffs where the competition only gets more difficult. Even Elway or Marino couldn't "elevate" their teams and win a Super Bowl "on their own" whatever that means.

Not sure what is hard to understand. When you get to a do or die game, nothing prior to that point matters. Performing at that moment is the only thing matters, so if the offense throws up a stinker, it's not the defense's fault. The offense owns their own crappy play, even if the defense also plays crappy. Romo's teams weren't losing the majority of those games 34-31 to where the offense played so well they shouldn't have lost. They played like crap for the most part despite being a top 10 offense annually.

A couple things to point out. 1. The offense was better than the defense, we all know that. But it should have been because that side of the ball got most of the resources allocated to it. 2. Just because the team may not have advanced to a SB, doesn't mean it's OK to blow a game prior and shrug it off, blaming the defense even if they played better than expected because you don't think they were good enough to win the next game or the one after that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

I challenge you to show me one elimination game loss that Romo suffered where our defense gave up over 613 total yards of offense and the opposing QB passed for more than 505 yards and had a passer rating higher than 115.4. Philly’s D got SHREDDED beyond anything our D ever suffered in an elimination game and they still won. Laugh at that! :thumbup:

Gator88

Reaction score
I challenge you to show me one elimination game loss that Romo suffered where our defense gave up over 613 total yards of offense and the opposing QB passed for more than 505 yards and had a passer rating higher than 115.4. Laugh at that! :thumbup:
Obviously that didn't happen, but I'm sure there are multiple "elimination games" where the opposing passer had a higher passer rating than 115.4. Not to mention that that game was the 1 bad game the defense had, the rest of this season they were fantastic and they carried Foles in the divisional game.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I challenge you to show me one elimination game loss that Romo suffered where our defense gave up over 613 total yards of offense and the opposing QB passed for more than 505 yards and had a passer rating higher than 115.4. Philly’s D got SHREDDED beyond anything our D ever suffered in an elimination game and they still won. Laugh at that! :thumbup:

There is not an example of that even though other teams put up 34 points on us because our offense played a part in giving up that many points. The 2016 defense allowed 34 points though, but I hear that was blamed on Dak. LOL

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Obviously that didn't happen, but I'm sure there are multiple "elimination games" where the opposing passer had a higher passer rating than 115.4. Not to mention that that game was the 1 bad game the defense had, the rest of this season they were fantastic and they carried Foles in the divisional game.

If it obviously didn’t happen then why the laughing emoticon? A higher passer rating makes no difference the fact is Philly’s D got totally SHREDDED for over 600 yards of offense, giving up 33 points in the process and still won. The one bad game Philly’s defense had was in the Super Bowl which almost always gets a team beat in a SB.

Go see how many teams you can find whose defense got SHREDDED in the SB and still won the game. When you look at how Brady surgically took Philly’s defense apart putting up 33 points in the process, no way would anyone think Philly could win that game.