Video: Vintage Romo

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Roger, Troy, and I are wrong, and you've got it nailed. Lol

The Cowboys fan base is the most pathetic in all of professional sports worldwide. The criticisms are dead on.

Case in point.
Are you trying to be overly dramatic or.....

I remember Troy saying that Romo was better than him. I never remember him saying he was the greatest QB ever in Dallas.
I don't remember Rog saying anything other than he was a special player.

Why don't you create a thread and have a poll. You can call it "Romo's safe space." If Romo gets the majority of the vote, no one can say anything critical about Romo so you don't have to get so emotional. The things you are saying about fans on a forum is quite pathetic.

If you want to say that Romo was the greatest QB in Dallas to not win a SB, you may have some votes.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
There is not an example of that even though other teams put up 34 points on us because our offense played a part in giving up that many points. The 2016 defense allowed 34 points though, but I hear that was blamed on Dak. LOL

It’s all the idiots who are still living in the past with Romo who blamed it on Dak. It’s the same idiots who said if Romo was playing in that game we would’ve never had to play from behind. They claim if Tony was playing we would have won the Super Bowl, as if Romo had a stellar playoff record and was sporting a SB ring.

Gator88

Reaction score
If it obviously didn’t happen then why the laughing emoticon? A higher passer rating makes no difference the fact is Philly’s D got totally SHREDDED for over 600 yards of offense, giving up 33 points in the process and still won. The one bad game Philly’s defense had was in the Super Bowl which almost always gets a team beat in a SB.

Go see how many teams you can find whose defense got SHREDDED in the SB and still won the game. When you look at how Brady surgically took Philly’s defense apart putting up 33 points in the process, no way would anyone think Philly could win that game.
*Shrug*, the 2014 Packers scored more points per drive, not counting their last one where they ran out the clock than the Patriots did in the Super Bowl this last year, and Rodgers put up a 125+ Passer Rating. Let's go back to your post that started this conversation.

One correction on Foles he was 4-1 in elimination games. If you’re referring to Foles he had to put up 41 points against NE to win that SB because his defense got shredded by Brady for over 500 passing yards, 3 TDs and 33 points. Our defense never got shredded like that in any of Romos elimination game losses.

The very last "elimination game" Romo was in, his defense got shredded as bad. It was just more of a slower paced game.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Not sure what is hard to understand. When you get to a do or die game, nothing prior to that point matters. Performing at that moment is the only thing matters, so if the offense throws up a stinker, it's not the defense's fault. The offense owns their own crappy play, even if the defense also plays crappy. Romo's teams weren't losing the majority of those games 34-31 to where the offense played so well they shouldn't have lost. They played like crap for the most part despite being a top 10 offense annually.

A couple things to point out. 1. The offense was better than the defense, we all know that. But it should have been because that side of the ball got most of the resources allocated to it. 2. Just because the team may not have advanced to a SB, doesn't mean it's OK to blow a game prior and shrug it off, blaming the defense even if they played better than expected because you don't think they were good enough to win the next game or the one after that.
It's convenient to pick "do or die" games for a team that can go either 8-8 or 9-7 to qualify for the playoffs which in the long run means nothing because the team is only extending its season demise most likely by a week. Tony's teams were never good enough to win a Super Bowl, from a personnel nor a coaching perspective, not even in the 2006 or the 2014 seasons. The 2015 season was probably his best shot and he got injured and the bonehead coaching staff decided beyond all reason that a rookie QB was going to lead the team to the Super Bowl. Had Parcells stuck around for a few more seasons, Romo would probably have a Super Bowl. This organization has blown it ever since Parcells retired.

Did you even watch the Minnesota playoff game in 2009? That team destroyed the Eagles the week before, but the offensive line put up a huge stinker the following week. Romo was sacked six times and hurried well over a dozen.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
*Shrug*, the 2014 Packers scored more points per drive, not counting their last one where they ran out the clock than the Patriots did in the Super Bowl this last year, and Rodgers put up a 125+ Passer Rating. Let's go back to your post that started this conversation.

The very last "elimination game" Romo was in, his defense got shredded as bad. It was just more of a slower paced game.

You can shrug and try and spin it anyway you want but our defense never got toasted in an elimination game like Philly’s defense did in the SB. Not even a losing Super Bowl team has ever given up over 500 passing yards and over 600 total yards in a SB.

Super_Kazuya

Reaction score
It's convenient to pick "do or die" games for a team that can go either 8-8 or 9-7 which means nothing. Tony's teams were never good enough to win a Super Bowl, from a personnel nor a coaching perspective, not even in the 2006 or the 2014 seasons. Had Parcells stuck around for a few more seasons, Romo would probably have a Super Bowl. This organization has blown it ever since Parcells retired.

Did you even watch the Minnesota playoff game in 2009? That team destroyed the Eagles the week before but the offensive line put up a huge stinker the following weak. Romo was sacked six times and hurried well over a dozen.
When you are dealing with trolls who talk about “do or die” games remember you are already dealing with about as low a football intelligence as possible. Strangely enough we hadn’t heard that term around here in a long time, but some rejects slipped under the door in early January.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

You’re so full of it it’s not even funny. Lol The Packers had 200 fewer total yards against us in Romo’s final elimination game than the Pats put up against Philly in the Super Bowl and Rodgers had over 200 fewer passing yards against us than Brady had against Philly. Plus the Pats scored 7 more points on Philly than the Packers scored on us. Try again.
:laugh:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Garrett is 3-5 in week 17 games.

He is 3-2 in meaningless week 17 games, with 2 of the 3 wins hurting draft position. The other win we had already made playoffs and seeding went unchanged.

He is 0-3 in week 17 games that would have advanced the teams to the playoffs.

This is true....................Garrett chokes when it comes to nut cutting time, always has.

You can rest assured that if a week 17 games means anything, he will blow it............just like he has done in his entire career.

Gator88

Reaction score
You’re so full of it it’s not even funny. Lol The Packers had 200 fewer total yards against us in Romo’s final elimination game than the Pats put up against Philly in the Super Bowl and Rodgers had over 200 fewer passing yards against us than Brady had against Philly. Plus the Pats scored 7 more points on Philly than the Packers scored on us. Try again.
:laugh:
You try again. The Packers scored more on a per drive basis than the Pats did, thus they shredded the opposing defense as much as if not more than the Pats did to the Eagles. Yes, the Pats had a lot more yards due to it being a much faster paced game, but that is meaningless.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
The Romo years had no glory. The Glory died in the mid-90's.
Romo just put some smiles on certain people's faces and we have nothing to show for it, but some nice stats in losing games... and some RS wins. Yay.

Good Lord, how far we have fallen.

Yep and now we celebrate a QB who went stretches without throwing a TD or even breaking 100 yards....

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Wins/loses trump pretty stats. Romo was instrumental in scoring 50 points in a game he was also instrumental in losing.

My point was at least we scored 50 points.................that is like what, 5 games worth of points for Dak?

Didn't we go like 3 or 4 games in a row last year without even breaking 10 points, a new franchise record?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
My point was at least we scored 50 points.................that is like what, 5 games worth of points for Dak?

Didn't we go like 3 or 4 games in a row last year without even breaking 10 points, a new franchise record?

And my point was who gives a crap when you lose the damn game? Why does every Romo defender have a boner for stats except winning? Specifically postseason.

Sorry. many were supportive fans of Romo when he played. But he's done and we need to move on. He's never playing again. Get over it.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
One correction on Foles he was 4-1 in elimination games. If you’re referring to Foles he had to put up 41 points against NE to win that SB because his defense got shredded by Brady for over 500 passing yards, 3 TDs and 33 points. Our defense never got shredded like that in any of Romos elimination game losses.

I'll never forget Foles busting through the line and forcing that strip sack to seal the game at the end. A legend was born before our very eyes.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
When you are dealing with trolls who talk about “do or die” games remember you are already dealing with about as low a football intelligence as possible. Strangely enough we hadn’t heard that term around here in a long time, but some rejects slipped under the door in early January.
Here's a nice *** from all the "rejects".

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
None of it’s good I would prefer to win. I could careless about comparing a second year QB to a retired QB. I don’t homer for Romo or Dak so when I read replies like this I make emoji
:facepalm:

I am just stating facts.........Romo never lost 4 games by 20 or more points in any season he started every game................Dak has.

Just stating facts.;)

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
And my point was who gives a crap when you lose the damn game? Why does every Romo defender have a boner for stats except winning? Specifically postseason.

Sorry. many were supportive fans of Romo when he played. But he's done and we need to move on. He's never playing again. Get over it.
Well move on then. Is someone forcing you to open and read a thread that is clearly about Romo?

Follow your own advice and move on.