Video: Voch - Aldon Smith Film Session

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While this signing definitely should not prevent us from adding more talent in the draft... it is a high upside pickup.

Besides the raw talent that is there— by all accounts thus far— he is motivated and focused on taking advantage of this opportunity.

Hopefully he is able to maximize the snaps he gets— but this could end up being an amazing win/win situation for Aldon and the Cowboys. I love that Tomsula is involved in this decision and am hopeful that if anybody could provide the coaching support Aldon needs— it’s probably him.

I don't know if you saw the tweet or not, but his agent mentioned that he has support people in the DFW area as well. And that McCarthy vetted things out himself during a recent trip to LA. They did some homework on this and didn't just jump in recklessly.

I think it's all about his sobriety.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You can’t but this is the best you have to know what he once was. Some things should translate to 2020 for him. It’s safe to say he’s probably lost some speed and athleticism.

Agreed. Just need to temper any expectations till we see what he can do with pads on. Can say the same about randy. But if either pan out it could be a big boost.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
When your defense has more holes than swiss cheese, players like Aldon Smith and Randy Gregory make sense.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
If Smith can be a solid rotational piece to share DE duties with Randy Gregory, he'll likely have served his purpose. We shall see. ;)

Last edited:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Aldon Smith is gonna one of the more interesting follows we have had in training camp in quite some time. Maybe even as long as I have been a Cowboys fan.

To me, him and Gregory doesnt take someone like Chaisson off the board. If he take Chaisson and Smith proves to have pass rush ability left, we could be pretty loaded at DE