Video: Voch - Earl Thomas Stats Next To Hilarious Clinton Dix

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Okay, tee up the rebuttals, Or he's too expensive, or he's a loose cannon.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Looking at ET's stats is like looking at Dez's stats. You're not getting the player you see in the rear-view mirror.

Nobody knows more about the ET of today than the Ravens, and they couldn't wait to get rid of him.
Right but they also had him signed to an elite level contract. Why? I have NO idea but seems that once he gave them a way out of it they were quick to take it.

Makes me think he cant control himself at ALL, and/or he still thinks he is worth elite money...

Which is why bringing him on for cheap may not be a great idea.

He didnt care about his actions when being paid as elite....how is he gonna be when is on a team friendly deal...

I'm so torn on this I dont know what to think, but if we bring him here he WILL be some sort of headache that I'm not sure a new staff needs.....especially when the word was Jerry ran everything, not the staff.

I want to upgrade safety BADLY, just this may not be the right way to go considering all else around here.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Looking at ET's stats is like looking at Dez's stats. You're not getting the player you see in the rear-view mirror.

Nobody knows more about the ET of today than the Ravens, and they couldn't wait to get rid of him.

So true. The Ravens either are willing to take a big cap hit in order to get rid of him or think he was bad enough to warrant fighting to recoup some money from him. Both things say quite a bit of what they think of him.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Thomas would have started all 16 games this coming season. I have yet to see anything empirical which indicates his skill set has diminish to a point a team interested would be taking a great chance.

I understand his behavior has been questionable. And his former team did jettison him for that reason. I'd toss out the anchor on the idea he is a shell of his former self. I think that is just a convenient excuse.

EMMITTnROY

Reaction score
His off field behavior? Not good.

His on field play? Not as good it used to be but still very good and still a lot better than what we have at maybe our weakest position.

I trust the Cowboys to balance those facts and make an educated decision and if they decide to sign him, a smart contract.

starfan1

Reaction score
I didn’t listen to the whole thing but I’m gathering you can convince me of signing HaHa being bad as he’s Jeff Heath with a few more picks

I’m just not interested in ET being a cowboy. I’ll root for him if he’s here but I think it would be stupid

I want to see the guys we have under solid coaching

Last edited:

conner01

Reaction score
So true. The Ravens either are willing to take a big cap hit in order to get rid of him or think he was bad enough to warrant fighting to recoup some money from him. Both things say quite a bit of what they think of him.
The cost of cutting him to me was the biggest red flag of all
It was a huge cap hit and you don’t take that kind of cap him unless you have a no choice type situation

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Right but they also had him signed to an elite level contract. Why? I have NO idea but seems that once he gave them a way out of it they were quick to take it.

Makes me think he cant control himself at ALL, and/or he still thinks he is worth elite money...

Which is why bringing him on for cheap may not be a great idea.

He didnt care about his actions when being paid as elite....how is he gonna be when is on a team friendly deal...

I'm so torn on this I dont know what to think, but if we bring him here he WILL be some sort of headache that I'm not sure a new staff needs.....especially when the word was Jerry ran everything, not the staff.

I want to upgrade safety BADLY, just this may not be the right way to go considering all else around here.

Paying ET top dollar is a no go. But getting him a discount because of his antics, and having a contract that allows an out if it happens again is a big win situation. Ha ha is also cheap so you just keep both guys. If ET punches someone else you just cut him. Not sure what the big issue is here.

Now if MM says no way, then its no way.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The cost of cutting him to me was the biggest red flag of all
It was a huge cap hit and you don’t take that kind of cap him unless you have a no choice type situation

They didn't have a choice.......why? He lost the confidence and support of his teammates. As stated before, coaches and/or GMs can't fix that. This really comes down to the REAL ET, who is he? The one with the Ravens or Seahawks.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Paying ET top dollar is a no go. But getting him a discount because of his antics, and having a contract that allows an out if it happens again is a big win situation. Ha ha is also cheap so you just keep both guys. If ET punches someone else you just cut him. Not sure what the big issue is here.

Now if MM says no way, then its no way.
True.
MM has already brought up "locker room fit".
It's a real issue to think about.

conner01

Reaction score
They didn't have a choice.......why? He lost the confidence and support of his teammates. As stated before, coaches and/or GMs can't fix that. This really comes down to the REAL ET, who is he? The one with the Ravens or Seahawks.
Exactly
The previous incident with his wife, late for meetings, losing the confidence of his team mates
That’s a lot of stuff to think about
I wonder if this is something new or something that was just over looked at Seattle

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Thompson is the new Heath. I am ready to hate everything about him. Bring that bum on.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Exactly
The previous incident with his wife, late for meetings, losing the confidence of his team mates
That’s a lot of stuff to think about
I wonder if this is something new or something that was just over looked at Seattle

That's your $10M question.......but remember he left the Seahawks with damn near HOF credential. So it's not a reach to think he had a pretty long rope with coaches and teammates. In other words, he could pretty much do as he pleased as long as he was playing well and thought it could carry over to the Ravens, who knows. Either way, I'd like to think at 31, nearing the end of his career, this was/is a huge wakeup call and his next team will see his best behavior.

Praxit

Reaction score
...I think Big Mike is running the show now. Jerry probably putting faith in his process. BM already stated they are good with what they have.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
True.
MM has already brought up "locker room fit".
It's a real issue to think about.

I would definitely want to speak to the guy and look him in the face. If he owned up and promised not to make the same mistakes I would probably give him a chance.