1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys news ..

Voch K'Lavon Chaisson (LSU) All 22 Film

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by bodi, Apr 6, 2020.

1. bodi

bodi Well-Known Member

5,234 Messages
    2,768 Likes Received

stasheroo and reddyuta like this.
  2. McKDaddy

McKDaddy Well-Known Member

2,064 Messages
    1,744 Likes Received
    Would you take him at 17?

I have warmed somewhat on him as a prospect but am still not sure where i would rank him.

Can you tell me where you rank him & what you see in his game that makes you feel this way?

FWIW - PFF big board has him in the 70's in believe.

3. BigD_95

BigD_95 Well-Known Member

1,251 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received
    zero interest. He is small and is not good against the run. Only had 5 sacks his last season & is considered a project with upside. We need plug in starters

I would take either corner before him which is also a bigger need ( CJ Henderson or Fulton)

SeanLee50 likes this.
  4. ultron

ultron Well-Known Member

3,010 Messages
    5,417 Likes Received
    I don’t get the hype with this kid, I think he has bust written all over him... my hope is a team drafts him before the Cowboys (he seems like the type of player that the Falcons (pick 16) would draft.

SeanLee50 and unionjack8 like this.
  5. unionjack8

unionjack8 Well-Known Member

14,526 Messages
    15,490 Likes Received
    I watched that cut up and saw more plays by other players than I did by him.
    His production should have been off the charts with that talent around him. He rarely had double teams but still didn't do enough for me.
    Id rather take Darrell Taylor in round 3

6. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Well-Known Member

14,198 Messages
    20,895 Likes Received
    Your post is factually wrong from start to finish, lool.

7. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,471 Messages
    71,176 Likes Received
    Yes, I would take him at #17. What I see is a dynamic player with all of the tools who is still learning the game and just scratching the surface of what he might become.

He's Danielle Hunter all over again. Same type, same school, same lower production at the college level as he learns the game. And would anyone not trip over themselves to have Hunter now?

I believe that the Cowboys' plan is to field the best front 7 they can this year to cover for what will be an over-matched secondary in transition. The Cowboys secondary will likely be undergoing a major transition over the next two years. I believe that the best pass rush is the best way to help cover for that transition and its deficiencies.

8. BigD_95

BigD_95 Well-Known Member

1,251 Messages
    1,102 Likes Received

sorry he had 6.5 sacks last season - pretty weak for the college level to be considered a elite pass rusher. I think total for college is 9.5 scaks

He does not do well fighting of blocks which every tackle in the NFL is good. Everything I read he is a project with lots of upside.

And yes corner is more important. Both our starting corners Lewis & Awuzie are free agents next season. Whats the odds we get both of them signed?

9. stasheroo

63,471 Messages
    71,176 Likes Received
    Would you definitely want to?
    :huh:

10. Simpleton

Simpleton Member

64 Messages
    49 Likes Received
    That video was a compilation of about 9 plays from one game, go watch him dominate against Oklahoma in the CFP semifinal and you'll see why he's worth taking at 17.

I love how people ***** and whine over a guy only having 6.5 sacks coming off a torn ACL while everybody's excited to take a CB who gave up 5 40+ yard plays in just 9 games last year.

Gaede and CalPolyTechnique like this.
  11. unionjack8

14,526 Messages
    15,490 Likes Received
    Where did hunter get drafted?

12. unionjack8

14,526 Messages
    15,490 Likes Received
    I dont want that cb either....lol

13. CalPolyTechnique

14,198 Messages
    20,895 Likes Received
    He plays the run very well which is actually one of his strengths. He also effectively missed his sophomore season having played in just one game due to injury, but I’m sure you knew that, right?

AsthmaField, baltcowboy and reddyuta like this.
  14. CalPolyTechnique

14,198 Messages
    20,895 Likes Received
    +100

15. darthseinfeld

darthseinfeld Drunk on Dalton Juice

20,131 Messages
    20,962 Likes Received
    Both? No. Would rather not have 3 CB's on veteran contracts

One of them, I would if we got them at a decent price. Neither are studs, but they are both serviceable. I would probably prefer Awuzie as we no more about him as a starter. But I would pay just a little more than we are paying Brown

16. stasheroo

63,471 Messages
    71,176 Likes Received
    3rd round

17. darthseinfeld

20,131 Messages
    20,962 Likes Received
    But the cut off is 9.5 sacks lol

18. stasheroo

63,471 Messages
    71,176 Likes Received
    To me, neither has shown the consistency required to receive a veteran contract extension and the money it would entail. They're both 'trying out' for a place here in the future in my opinion. I wouldn't simply hand either one of them a contract extension at this point simply based on the fact that they've 'been here'.

19. darthseinfeld

20,131 Messages
    20,962 Likes Received
    For Awuzie, Id give him a similar deal to Brown. 3 year deal, somewhere between 21-24 total. To me thats his market value right now based off his career

20. stasheroo

63,471 Messages
    71,176 Likes Received
    Not me. To me, hes a try hard JAG to this point. He might be in the frame when the pass comes in, but he's not stopping it. He might be oh-so-close to making a play, but he's not making it. I'm not paying anyone $8 million a year to be the guy that other teams targeted, and that's what Awuzie is to this point. The point of least resistance.