Video: Voch Lombardi dropped Keanu Neal film

Rayman70

Reaction score
Completely understand your concern on that front. I too wonder how they're going to handle this.
you know what is getting overlooked? The fact that we did draft Reggie Robinson to play either safety or corner. If they can get that kid coached up into a scheme that works for him, we might have an ace in the hole. Im excited to see what he might do in camp and preseason. Could he surprise and win a starting spot? I just feel we need to be patient with the guys we spent draft capital on.Feels like we might be jumping the gun a bit bringing in Kazee and Hooker. It may halt his progress and growth. Best way to learn is practice time as a starter in camp and preseason. Let the kid take his lumps. Its how you learn.I dont know of any player that gets better by watching. Play our draftees ..WE DRAFTED THEM! lol..That is why MM bothers me sometimes. He waited way too long to insert Wilson. He got better as we went because he got meaningful game reps.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I trust Kazee more than Hooker to implement what Quinn wants. I agree. My fear would be Donny wilson gets put into a bad position where he isnt as useful to the team. I think its a dire mistake if they do that. Leave wilson at strong. Let him start. He has showed he can do it and he makes plays. He is a spark plug. ANY plan that doesnt involve wilson starting is a terrible plan. Its unfair to him. He has worked his tail off to get to where he is. At least let him win the job.
I bet when its all said and done, even if we bring in Kazee, that Wilson will have a roll with this defense in a capacity, a good coach knows that they field their best 11, build the defense around your talent, scheme around your talent.
Neal allows flexibility and more cohesion through communication, and Kazee could bridge that even further,, would be a smart pairing for Quinn to build around.
Quinn is bringing in his guys, but he recognizes what he has to work with here,, Im giving his vision and scheme an opportunity to prove itself,, why not,, what do we have to lose. lol

CWR

Reaction score
you know what is getting overlooked? The fact that we did draft Reggie Robinson to play either safety or corner. If they can get that kid coached up into a scheme that works for him, we might have an ace in the hole. Im excited to see what he might do in camp and preseason. Could he surprise and win a starting spot? I just feel we need to be patient with the guys we spent draft capital on.Feels like we might be jumping the gun a bit bringing in Kazee and Hooker. It may halt his progress and growth. Best way to learn is practice time as a starter in camp and preseason. Let the kid take his lumps. Its how you learn.I dont know of any player that gets better by watching. Play our draftees ..WE DRAFTED THEM! lol..That is why MM bothers me sometimes. He waited way too long to insert Wilson. He got better as we went because he got meaningful game reps.

The difference between this staff and our past is that MM at least made adjustments. I wanted to see Wilson much sooner as well, but am at least happy we got him some playing time.

I hear what your saying on Robinson, but if we can get a more proven guy, albeit a risk I think its smart to have the depth. If Robinson is tearing them up in camp and practice hopefully the coaches will take notice.

pgreptom

Reaction score
Neal at LB, Wilson at SS, Trevon Moehrig at FS.

I can dream, can’t I?

If this was the plan ,you'd think they would've made a move on Jaylon. I hope this is what they're thinking.. because Wilson was really coming on at SS. One of the few young players we have worth a lick of salt. Ended the season on a good note.. I really hope they don't mess with his development.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Neal looks like a liability in pass coverage. The one thing the Cowboys have lacked for a long time is a Safety with range and instincts. To me, signing Neal changes nothing. They need to look for a safety in the first 2 rounds in the draft.
They have Donavon Wilson

ghst187

Reaction score
Roy Williams 2.0.
Hopefully it’s the good version of Roy like his rookie year not his fourth year

birdwells1

Reaction score
Not a bad video, but the dude needs to edit himself and his videos. Too long-winded and takes a while to get to the point.
Whenever one of these youtubers videos is posted I play a game to see how many post will it take for someone to criticize the video. You are the winner.
I listen to these guys for info more than I visit this site, these guys are all improving with production and content.

AshyLarry06

Reaction score
Neal looks like a liability in pass coverage. The one thing the Cowboys have lacked for a long time is a Safety with range and instincts. To me, signing Neal changes nothing. They need to look for a safety in the first 2 rounds in the draft.

Did you watch the same Cowboys team the rest of us did last year? Did they look like they were anything close to below average against the run??? Sorry, but I’ll take GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYERS at any position on defense at this point, and Neal is just that.

Creeper

Reaction score
Did you watch the same Cowboys team the rest of us did last year? Did they look like they were anything close to below average against the run??? Sorry, but I’ll take GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYERS at any position on defense at this point, and Neal is just that.

So the standard of measurement is the Cowboys defensive players last season? The Falcons had the worst pass defense in the league last year. Are we trading pass defense for run defense?

KeepinTime

Reaction score
I'm sick that Jaylon is still on the team. Getting Neal for WLB (sometimes) should have reduced the use of Jaylon a lot. Should be LVE and Neal for true nickel situations.

I don't see it making any sense, and likely we're going to do stupid things to keep Jaylon and his 7.2mil salary on the field.

Ugh.

Jaylon still at LB means what, Neal is on the bench, or he's playing SS and we're moving Wilson to FS?

Ugh.
I’m willing to wait and see if Quinn can get something out of knucklehead Jaylon.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I’m willing to wait and see if Quinn can get something out of knucklehead Jaylon.

I don't think his head is the main problem. It's the leg. I've heard a couple of coaches/commentators refer obliquely to it. His leg ain't right. Lots of the weird things we see out of him on the field are compensation for a dysfunctional leg.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Adding talent to your roster changes nothin? :huh: They're still looking at FS. Not sure how acquiring a young, and talented kid for 3M with 2 in incentives is not a positive move. I like the move a lot. It adds depth a SS, and LB with one guy. We have 11 picks, and money to move. It's going to be okay. :)