Video: Voch Lombardi On Pollard

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
My opinion is there is some blue sky in this assessment. Not sure you can see a player get a small hand full of carries and come away with much. But you make the call.

Be advised he does say the slang word for butt. Oh, the horror.

Enjoy.

Swanny

Reaction score
Watching that first play how in the world were the 49ers not called for being lined up offsides?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
To be honest, he looks slow to the line and there doesn't seem to be much explosion at the point of attack or yards after contact.
But we're talking a few runs in preseason, so it's early.

I'm certainly not free of concern if Elliott doesn't play.

Praxit

Reaction score
...I like this guy's analysis. This is what I kinda saw as well, but without the knowledge this guy throws in. Basically, if our OL stays healthy Pollard can and will do the job.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be honest, he looks slow to the line and there doesn't seem to be much explosion at the point of attack or yards after contact.

Neither are they. The COO is selling BS that this kid can replace Elliott's production. He doesn't even believe what he's saying.

lkelly

Reaction score
My opinion is there is some blue sky in this assessment. Not sure you can see a player get a small hand full of carries and come away with much. But you make the call.

Be advised he does say the slang word for butt. Oh, the horror.

Slang Word For Butt would make a great name for a rock band. - Dave Barry

texbumthelife

Reaction score

I think it's way to early to be lumping the sorts of things on this kid many people are, but he certainly didn't look slow at all to me. He looks patient and had legitimate explosion through the hole.

He's not replacing what Zeke does. I'm not sure anyone in the NFL could, but he doesn't look slow to me at all.

Prime21

Reaction score
He got what the OLine gave him. That performance meant nothing. Believe in Pollard because of what you have seen and heard from TC.

With TFred back in the fold we should have elite run blocking. Whoever we put back there will produce.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
He got what the OLine gave him. That performance meant nothing. Believe in Pollard because of what you have seen and heard from TC.

With TFred back in the fold we should have elite run blocking. Whoever we put back there will produce.
Really??.....Put Pollard in against say a Ravens 1st team D and Pollards per yard average would go from 4 to 2 in a NY minute. 4 damn carries and the guy is ready to replace a top 3 running back. Pollard doesn't have near the power or the NFL experience to produce like Zeke. Anyone else that thinks Polly will do what Zeke would do is just fooling themselves.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Many are buying the BS coach. Based on what, I may never know.

Hatred for Zeke and/or wanting to deny him getting paid. The latter you saw with Lawrence. People want to believe so bad that Pollard can replace Elliott so they can claim "victory" if the front office tries to roll without him (the other thing they really, really want to believe).

JustChip

Reaction score
Really??.....Put Pollard in against say a Ravens 1st team D and Pollards per yard average would go from 4 to 2 in a NY minute. 4 damn carries and the guy is ready to replace a top 3 running back. Pollard doesn't have near the power or the NFL experience to produce like Zeke. Anyone else that thinks Polly will do what Zeke would do is just fooling themselves.
The issue isn’t whether he is as good as Zeke; he’s not and anyone that says he is is way short of a full deck. The issue is whether this team can win with Pollard instead of Zeke. That remains to be seen.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
if they try to run pollard and morris out there as replacement for zeke they are fooling themselves and you if u buy it

Le'veon is hard to replace to but insert James Connor and all will be fine.

RB position is all about volume of touches.

Zeke gets more touches then anyone so he produces more then everyone.

I get that Zeke is an ultra talent but you can still get a high level of production with every day RB talent if you commit to running the ball.