Video: Voch Lombardi On Pollard

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He appears more complete than initially advertised.

Which is why i'm against pigeon holing him now based on what he did in college because he has the size to potentially be more then that.

Pigeon holing him to being a scat back at this point is such a Garrett move.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
The issue isn’t whether he is as good as Zeke; he’s not and anyone that says he is is way short of a full deck. The issue is whether this team can win with Pollard instead of Zeke. That remains to be seen.
At least 50% of our games if the past is any indication. lol

lkelly

Reaction score
Tony Pollard: this Summer’s It Girl.

Does that make Zeke the It from 2 summers ago?

090717-celebs-it-movie-review-1.jpg

kumizi

Reaction score
He did not look explosive at the line of scrimmage. At all. Probably has great top end speed once he gets going.

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
To be honest, he looks slow to the line and there doesn't seem to be much explosion at the point of attack or yards after contact.
But we're talking a few runs in preseason, so it's early.

I'm certainly not free of concern if Elliott doesn't play.
I remember thinking the same thing early in Zeke's rookie year

quickccc

Reaction score
Which is why i'm against pigeon holing him now based on what he did in college because he has the size to potentially be more then that.

Pigeon holing him to being a scat back at this point is such a Garrett move.

Garrett has already said at draft time after they selected him that they think of Pollard as much more than just a space guy.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The guy talks about Pollard's vision, but he didn't show much vision on the first run play. With 4.38 speed, if he looks to his left and makes a quick cut, and outraces the defensive end to the corner, he scores. Then again, maybe he is being super cautious and following his blocks and running through the designated hole.

dallas72

Reaction score
He got what the OLine gave him. That performance meant nothing. Believe in Pollard because of what you have seen and heard from TC.

With TFred back in the fold we should have elite run blocking. Whoever we put back there will produce.
Well we had All our starters Oline 49wrs had All backups and only got 16 yards. .

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Many are buying the BS coach. Based on what, I may never know.

Yes he does.

There’s are reasons why there are a ton of great running backs in this league selected late in the draft or not selected at all.

1) Offensive line is a huge determining factor in the success of a running back.

2) Running backs are a dime a dozen.

You don’t need a market making running back in this league to be successful.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be honest, he looks slow to the line and there doesn't seem to be much explosion at the point of attack or yards after contact.
But we're talking a few runs in preseason, so it's early.

I'm certainly not free of concern if Elliott doesn't play.

Honestly I wouldn't put much credence in how long it takes him to reach the LOS...

That can vary considerably from back to back. It's just their style and how they go about reading the defense.

Watch video of Le'Veon Bell.

I've heard many say "He's not a running back– He's a walking back because he almost walks to the LOS looking for a place to dart through."

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes he does.

There’s are reasons why there are a ton of great running backs in this league selected late in the draft or not selected at all.

1) Offensive line is a huge determining factor in the success of a running back.

2) Running backs are a dime a dozen.

You don’t need a market making running back in this league to be successful.

Agreed.

It was what 29 SB's before the league leader in rushing finally won one?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pollard cant take the beating of a every down back,Zeke has taken some brutal hits but keeps going .
Maybe not over years but Kamara managed as the starter for the Saints. If the Saints use him like the Cowboys use Zeke, then Kamara won't last long.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly I wouldn't put much credence in how long it takes him to reach the LOS...

That can vary considerably from back to back. It's just their style and how they go about reading the defense.

Watch video of Le'Veon Bell.

I've heard many say "He's not a running back– He's a walking back because he almost walks to the LOS looking for a place to dart through."
Zeke was too fast to the line in his first few games as a rookie. He got better with a more patient style.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Zeke was too fast to the line in his first few games as a rookie. He got better with a more patient style.

That's it... too fast to the LOS isn't necessarily a good thing.

How often did we watch Troy Hambrick run to the LOS and right into the back of an offensive lineman.