Williams: 23
Looney: 29
Biadasz: 21
Martin: 29
Collins: 26

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Some will argue,, but Coop in the slot is such a mismatch.
The beauty of the depth is the versatility.
Lets not lock CD in to the slot just because we were lucky enough that he fell to us and Cobb is gone.
This team is deep and talented at WR, to the point that I cant wait to hear from Ced Wilson.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Lets not lock CD in to the slot just because we were lucky enough that he fell to us and Cobb is gone.
This team is deep and talented at WR, to the point that I cant wait to hear from Ced Wilson.
Not a Cooper fan at all, but agreed w him in the slot.

A slot dude at 20M per is another argument, but let's go get em for 2020, however it needs to get done.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

A slot dude at 20M per is another argument, but let's go get em for 2020, however it needs to get done.
Not even saying that,, but lets cross that bridge when we have to.
All Im saying is that we have the ability right now to actually confuse a defense to the point that we can put CD on a DB3.
That should be a huge concern to all opposing defensive coordinators.
Meaning that we shouldn't be concerned with future contracts, pending cap,,
this is a great time as Cowboy fans to witness exposure with MM and this receiving group.
Not that I know anything,, but I bet Jerry was talking to MM when we were on the clock, and Jerry said,,,"Hey MM, what you think about taking CD right here, he is still on the board, and I bet MM said..... I love you Jerry."

Last edited:

Dreski

Reaction score
Dak: 26
Zeke: 24
Amari: 25
Gallup: 24
Lamb: 21
Jarwin: 25
Smith: 29
It’s wild that Smith and Martin are the same age. Smith got drafted 3 years before Martin, no?

Dreski

Reaction score
Also feel like with McCarthy/Nolan/Fassel/George Edwards planning things, they’ll handle the game more like a chess match rather than us hoping Garrett didn’t Ice his kicker or use a timeout/challenge wrong among his predicable plays and stuff

Flamma

Reaction score

I agree. If we have two WRs that are capable wide outs, Cooper in the slot would be ridiculous good. But I still think CD in the slot would be good too. Cooper is going to draw attention outside. Where we want the attention.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I agree. If we have two WRs that are capable wide outs, Cooper in the slot would be ridiculous good. But I still think CD in the slot would be good too. Cooper is going to draw attention outside. Where we want the attention.
That is the beauty, the versatility, the ability to actually move pieces around and it actually means something.
I remember fans complaining that we stopped putting receivers in motion, that includes everyone that can possibly catch a pass on that given play.
There was a reason for not doing it, if the defense already knew that it didn't matter who we put in motion, they just stayed in base set, maybe slight/standard
adjustment,, just saying there was zero fear.
We stopped/reduced motion because the advantage was not there, the possibility of being offsides was much more a risk than the advantage of moving players around pre -snap.

Flamma

Reaction score
We stopped doing a lot of things on offense. Our offensive run game changed too. We had a much better run game in years past with counter plays and delayed draws. All that vanished. But in order for the delayed draw to work, the defense has to have a healthy fear of the pass. That isn't a knock on Dak, although I don't know if defenses would fear him, it's more of a knock on our coaching staff. I could pretty much tell you when we were running or passing 9 out of 10 plays.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
We stopped doing a lot of things on offense. Our offensive run game changed too. We had a much better run game in years past with counter plays and delayed draws. All that vanished. But in order for the delayed draw to work, the defense has to have a healthy fear of the pass. That isn't a knock on Dak, although I don't know if defenses would fear him, it's more of a knock on our coaching staff. I could pretty much tell you when we were running or passing 9 out of 10 plays.
QBs have hidden HC deficienies for decades, and somewhat vice versa.
We have a very unique situation here with the current QB situation.
Nothing like this has been witnessed before.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

Gallup will be on the bench in the 2 WR sets, so quit yer whining

TwoDeep3

Reaction score

Then Jarwin will be such an asset down the hash marks. Kellen Moore can divert all the attention away from the middle and slip Jarwin out late with open field. The possibilities are almost endless with Pollard added. Does he block? Is the lead draw now the death punch? Is he leaking to the flat? Does he slip to the other slot?

Football cannot get here quick enough.

Gallup will be on the bench in the 2 WR sets, so quit yer whining

That formation may be more rare than Rosie O'Donnell in a bikini contest.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Looks like a good discussion.

You can generally get a quality WR cheap to be a 3rd. Beasley's first contract was cheap. Cobb's was cheap. They play with us, and then their contracts aren't cheap anymore.

Butler was very effective when we chose to use him. As was Devin Smith. Our problem with replacing WRs was largely in our failure to use what we had. We had multiple problems in the first half of 2018. We didn't score that much more when we added Cooper. We just squeaked out a lot of close games.

We *could* trade Gallup, but I'd rather keep him now, and then choose between Cooper and Gallup to keep in a couple of years.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
2016, we had the youngest starting team in the league. Keyword starting.

Williamsboys

Reaction score
Just imagine if Jarwin comes through with a 50 plus reception season, with Coop, Gallup, Lamb, EE , what a great offense.
Now all we need is some stops on defense.

starfan1

Reaction score

Im not a GM but i dont see Coop here long term now. depending on how the young fellow performs and if Gallup continues to grow and the cowboys keep him cooper will be heading elsewhere first opportunity the cowboys have to get out of some of that money. That said i dont know the details of his contract

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak: 26
Zeke: 24
Amari: 25
Gallup: 24
Lamb: 21
Jarwin: 25
Smith: 29
How in the hell is Tyron still in his 20's? My goodness.....

Didn't realize our offense was still this long. Scary.