Video: Voch - The Luxury Of Three 1 WRs

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Im not a GM but i dont see Coop here long term now. depending on how the young fellow performs and if Gallup continues to grow and the cowboys keep him cooper will be heading elsewhere first opportunity the cowboys have to get out of some of that money. That said i dont know the details of his contract
Its going to be tough because Cooper is under contract....though if I'm not mistaken they can get out from under it after 2 years......

Gallup is on his rookie deal and he's young.

Gallup just seems like the one who would be the odd man out. Cooper is our #1 and I think if Lamb is in the slot he's going to have a lot of mismatches. Gallup's stats will suffer.

Its a very intriguing bunch. All three very good receivers but they all are good at different things.

But if Cooper is going to find himself not playing well on the road again...he may find himself gone after 2 years......

Rayman70

Reaction score
my concern is the fact we only have 1 FB to throw..how we gonna get the ball to all these playmakers? The fact camp may very well be a farce this year due to covid. Will we be on the same page or will it be another slow start to get the chemistry going? New playbook is a factor. I know we will have the old playbook, but with many new wrinkles and nuances. It wont be easy. I'm prepared for a rough start to the season. Maybe going 4-4 out the gate,then we get our sea legs under us and get on a roll. I see 10-6 we win the division.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Some will argue,, but Coop in the slot is such a mismatch.
The beauty of the depth is the versatility.
Lets not lock CD in to the slot just because we were lucky enough that he fell to us and Cobb is gone.
This team is deep and talented at WR, to the point that I cant wait to hear from Ced Wilson.

Ceedee can play anywhere, but he would be the most devastating in the slot. Better than Cooper in the slot.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
my concern is the fact we only have 1 FB to throw..how we gonna get the ball to all these playmakers? The fact camp may very well be a farce this year due to covid. Will we be on the same page or will it be another slow start to get the chemistry going? New playbook is a factor. I know we will have the old playbook, but with many new wrinkles and nuances. It wont be easy. I'm prepared for a rough start to the season. Maybe going 4-4 out the gate,then we get our sea legs under us and get on a roll. I see 10-6 we win the division.

This isn't Garrett's Cowboys anymore. I expect the Cowboys to come flooring out of the gate. The unpredictability of both the offense and the defense is going to surprise people. Ceedee in the slot, they will cook up ways to utilize him that people wont be expecting and he will have some big plays out of there. I also expect to see Pollard used in unique ways.

Rayman70

Reaction score
This isn't Garrett's Cowboys anymore. I expect the Cowboys to come flooring out of the gate. The unpredictability of both the offense and the defense is going to surprise people. Ceedee in the slot, they will cook up ways to utilize him that people wont be expecting and he will have some big plays out of there. I also expect to see Pollard used in unique ways.
realize its not Garretts PB. Its Moores..but with a west coast twist . LOVE the Pollard factor. Glad you brought that up. CEE DEE is getting all the hype,rightfully so, but this kid might be the real deal, the x factor that the league doesn't know about. He made the most of his touches last year. I actually think he may end up being a better fit in this scheme than Zeke by years end.He's a take it to the house guy every time he gets his hands on the ball. If we click offensively we might see a marshall faulk flavor to the offense...circa, the greatest show on turf. We may be the NFC VERSION of the chiefs this year.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
realize its not Garretts PB. Its Moores..but with a west coast twist . LOVE the Pollard factor. Glad you brought that up. CEE DEE is getting all the hype,rightfully so, but this kid might be the real deal, the x factor that the league doesn't know about. He made the most of his touches last year. I actually think he may end up being a better fit in this scheme than Zeke by years end.He's a take it to the house guy every time he gets his hands on the ball. If we click offensively we might see a marshall faulk flavor to the offense...circa, the greatest show on turf. We may be the NFC VERSION of the chiefs this year.

There is no reason why this shouldn't be one of the best offenses of all time. Whether it will or not remains to be seen. If we can move the ball like we did last year and score TD's inside the red zone, then we should be there.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
We stopped doing a lot of things on offense. Our offensive run game changed too. We had a much better run game in years past with counter plays and delayed draws. All that vanished. But in order for the delayed draw to work, the defense has to have a healthy fear of the pass. That isn't a knock on Dak, although I don't know if defenses would fear him, it's more of a knock on our coaching staff. I could pretty much tell you when we were running or passing 9 out of 10 plays.

Running game was better in 2016 because of the Oline and sneaking up on people. We can be more creative in the run game and less predictable than what Garrett was.

Rayman70

Reaction score
There is no reason why this shouldn't be one of the best offenses of all time. Whether it will or not remains to be seen. If we can move the ball like we did last year and score TD's inside the red zone, then we should be there.
Dak will need to be sharp at all times to make this work.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak will need to be sharp at all times to make this work.

Not even sure what that comment means. If Dak plays like he did last year with better coaching, scheme, and Lamb then it should be curtains. Dak could actually be a little off and it should still be good.

With a better scheme, screens and short routes to guys like Pollard and Lamb can go for big yardage. Don't need to be sharp to throw a 7 yard hitch or screen pass.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Im not a GM but i dont see Coop here long term now. depending on how the young fellow performs and if Gallup continues to grow and the cowboys keep him cooper will be heading elsewhere first opportunity the cowboys have to get out of some of that money. That said i dont know the details of his contract

Well no, you're certainly not a GM, but neither is our actual GM, so all fine on your end lol.

They can get out after two years with no problem.

They will need that money to keep other guys.

After they stepped in it with Lamb, it certainly made Coopers 5 year deal much more likely to be for 2 years.

Perfect though the way I see it. They couldnt afford to let Cooper walk now, but only having a two year commitment with him was some solid negotiating.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
If we play 3+ WR 80% of the time then having 3 potential all pro WR makes a lot of sense. Voch makes a great point about the impact of a SS versus a WR.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Well no, you're certainly not a GM, but neither is our actual GM, so all fine on your end lol.

They can get out after two years with no problem.

They will need that money to keep other guys.

After they stepped in it with Lamb, it certainly made Coopers 5 year deal much more likely to be for 2 years.

Perfect though the way I see it. They couldnt afford to let Cooper walk now, but only having a two year commitment with him was some solid negotiating.

What issues do you with how the team is managed?

We picked with great value in the draft. We invested heavily in the DL. We hired a hard working coach who's won a Lombardi.

If we do well this season I would have to think Jones would be up for executive of the year again.

fivetwos

Reaction score
What issues do you with how the team is managed?

We picked with great value in the draft. We invested heavily in the DL. We hired a hard working coach who's won a Lombardi.

If we do well this season I would have to think Jones would be up for executive of the year again.
Not understanding what you mean.

Oh, my knock on Jerry? Well, 25 years of not reaching a title game can start things off, then maybe the idea that no other team would as much as consider him for that position if he didnt own the team.

Running 2 HOF coaches out of town once the team was on the right path and he would jump in from there.

Both teams regressed thereafter.

If you want I'll start actually thinking about it and continue.

Sure, things appear to have gotten better lately, but theres a long way to go before I'm calling Jerry Jones a qualified NFL GM.

Wasnt he "executive of the year" once before?

Funny how Dallas is the only place in the league where you dont have to actually win playoff games and championships to be considered a winner.

Good for Jerry and his award. This team is toast in early January or sooner EVERY single year.

THATS my problem with how the team is run.

I'd wager a few folks around here agree.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not understanding what you mean.

Oh, my knock on Jerry? Well, 25 years of not reaching a title game can start things off, then maybe the idea that no other team would as much as consider him for that position if he didnt own the team.

Running 2 HOF coaches out of town once the team was on the right path and he would jump in from there.

Both teams regressed thereafter.

If you want I'll start actually thinking about it and continue.

Sure, things appear to have gotten better lately, but theres a long way to go before I'm calling Jerry Jones a qualified NFL GM.

Wasnt he "executive of the year" once before?

Funny how Dallas is the only place in the league where you dont have to actually win playoff games and championships to be considered a winner.

Good for Jerry and his award. This team is toast in early January or sooner EVERY single year.

THATS my problem with how the team is run.

I'd wager a few folks around here agree.

I have no doubt that others subscribe to the "we haven't won a SB," "playoff game," "NFLCG", etc groupthink.

I think Jerry did a great job with the team this year.

Flamma

Reaction score
Not even sure what that comment means. If Dak plays like he did last year with better coaching, scheme, and Lamb then it should be curtains. Dak could actually be a little off and it should still be good.

With a better scheme, screens and short routes to guys like Pollard and Lamb can go for big yardage. Don't need to be sharp to throw a 7 yard hitch or screen pass.

Maybe in terms of "greatest show on turf" caliber offense, but he doesn't need to be Curt Warner to make it work in general. Curt also had multiple good WRs and he just made it look easy.

Its going to be tough because Cooper is under contract....though if I'm not mistaken they can get out from under it after 2 years......

Gallup is on his rookie deal and he's young.

Gallup just seems like the one who would be the odd man out. Cooper is our #1 and I think if Lamb is in the slot he's going to have a lot of mismatches. Gallup's stats will suffer.

Its a very intriguing bunch. All three very good receivers but they all are good at different things.

But if Cooper is going to find himself not playing well on the road again...he may find himself gone after 2 years......

I think It will most likely be Cooper that ends up being gone. I'm saying that based on his age and contract. You're right, after two years Dallas can get out of his contract, and they may have to do that. It's not definite however.

Not this year, but next year and every year after that Copper will be a 22 million dollar cap hit. After next year and going into the 2022 season Cooper will be 28 years old. How many 22 million dollar cap hits can the Cowboys sustain? I think if anything they either keep all 3 or Cooper goes.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Maybe in terms of "greatest show on turf" caliber offense, but he doesn't need to be Curt Warner to make it work in general. Curt also had multiple good WRs and he just made it look easy.

I think It will most likely be Cooper that ends up being gone. I'm saying that based on his age and contract. You're right, after two years Dallas can get out of his contract, and they may have to do that. It's not definite however.

Not this year, but next year and every year after that Copper will be a 22 million dollar cap hit. After next year and going into the 2022 season Cooper will be 28 years old. How many 22 million dollar cap hits can the Cowboys sustain? I think if anything they either keep all 3 or Cooper goes.

I see what you are saying. But you might be shocked that the Cowboys offense last year in yards was top 5 all time good. I believe they were #3 all time in yards per game? Don't quote me on that.

But in order to REALLY be in the same conversation with the Rams and teams like that they need to score much more efficiently. When we get in the redzone they have to score TD's.

And yah, Dak will need to be on point. To me, its mostly scheme issues and believing in the system. Dak did miss a few easy deep TD's like the one to Austin, but he hit lots of them. Not worried about that to be honest.

Kurt probably had the best receiving RB of all time in Faulk. That guy was a huge play waiting to happen whenever he touched the ball.

Last edited:

Flamma

Reaction score
LOL yeah, Warner had Torry Holt, Az Hakim, Isaac Bruce, and another WR that was pretty good but can't remember. Then add Faulk out of the backfield. Not a bad crew. Not sure Dallas is quite there but the potential is.

I try not to look into too much of what we did last year because there's a new coaching staff.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

My view of Gallup is I think he is going to be Byron Jones. Some team will value him more than we can give or should give.

Flamma

Reaction score
My view of Gallup is I think he is going to be Byron Jones. Some team will value him more than we can give or should give.

Ah good point. Luckily the Cowboys can hopefully avoid that. Byron was no different than Beasley, Cobb or Quinn. If they want to keep Gallup they need to extend him after this season and before the final season of his rookie deal is up. If they let him play out his 4th year then he's an UFA. He'll probably go to another team. Jerry has to make sure that doesn't happen. If he wants to.