Twitter: Voiding Deals for FINES is not used by any other team in the league

plymkr

Reaction score
yes
it is part of the standard dallas contract. They dont slip it in, or do it just for some players.
The thing is they have never used it to my knowledge.
It would be up to the jones boys as to whether they would void anything if a player violated one of the items in that paragraph.

randy is a dummy to not know all this, and that it is in cba too, and his agent probably knows or he isnt much of an agent.
I think maybe he wanted randy to sign with denver, he does live in denver, and maybe denver offered him a bonus if RG signed with them.

then all he had to do was point out that clause to the dummy, and say hey they slipped this in at last minute ! lol
Gotcha, thanks

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yes
it is part of the standard dallas contract. They dont slip it in, or do it just for some players.
The thing is they have never used it to my knowledge.
It would be up to the jones boys as to whether they would void anything if a player violated one of the items in that paragraph.

randy is a dummy to not know all this, and that it is in cba too, and his agent probably knows or he isnt much of an agent.
I think maybe he wanted randy to sign with denver, he does live in denver, and maybe denver offered him a bonus if RG signed with them.

then all he had to do was point out that clause to the dummy, and say hey they slipped this in at last minute ! lol
So, players and GMs know this can be enforced written or not? If so:
If it is standard practice for NFL teams to not write this particular CBA agreement into contracts, Randy may have felt insulted by its obvious inclusion at this point in time. If the Cowboys really wanted Randy back, they could have avoided the power struggle.
Doesn't sound like either side really wanted to it to work out.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Dumb young agent..the forfeiture clause from the CBA is not enforced for late hits on QB's but used for people who get suspended or fined for drug use

Right, that’s the point. Dallas adds the clause additional to the CBA just for fines

And he’s not a 30 year old agent, he’s been an agent for 30 years. I wouldn’t call that young

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope this sours Jerry on trying to be the savior to some of these players and just drafts/signs players that play ball and don't need rescuing. I hope this hurts Jerry enough to change that part of him. I constantly bash Jerry but one good aspect of him is he does have a soft heart and cares about people, except for his illegitimate daughter, but everyone else he cares for. This good quality is used against him and can hurt the team. It's like a blessing and a curse.
Hasn't stopped him yet.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
So, players and GMs know this can be enforced written or not? If so:
If it is standard practice for NFL teams to not write this particular CBA agreement into contracts, Randy may have felt insulted by its obvious inclusion at this point in time. If the Cowboys really wanted Randy back, they could have avoided the power struggle.
Doesn't sound like either side really wanted to it to work out.

Dallas wants to the ability to void guarantees by any fines, as per the report. That’s no where in the CBA if the report is accurate. the CBA behavioral clause is pertaining to conduct detrimental to the league

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas wants to the ability to void guarantees by any fines, as per the report. That’s no where in the CBA if the report is accurate. the CBA behavioral clause is pertaining to conduct detrimental to the league
Interesting. Should be fascinating to see where this goes. :popcorn:

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I blocked Ed Werner on twitter a couple years ago because he was ran out of Dallas media and then began a fledging career working for ESPN for scraps becoming relevant for 15 minutes every year by having he most salacious take on a Cowboys situation. This is just him being "on brand".

Gregory had every right to take the best offer on the table and he did. Fair play to him.
Dallas had every right to protect itself in a big money deal with a guy who has never started more than 11 games and has a career high 6.5 sack in a season.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I believe all sides handled this wrong....the cowboys particularly if they weren’t up front and transparent explaining the language. I don’t think however the cowboys were trying to stick it to Gregory. I think very much that the fact that Randy’s agent is also la’el’s agent did have something to do with the negotiations.

feel like there was maybe some bad blood to begin with.

conner01

Reaction score
Gregory created this. He still refuses to take responsibility. Why worry if you're supposedly clean/rehabbed?
Exactly
The same people bashing Jerry now, would be bashing him if we was paying huge money to Gregory while he was suspended
And that not only includes so called fans here but idiots like Werder
This was created by Gregory
Jerry has tried to help troubled players many times and it generally hasn’t worked out. But trying to help a guy doesn’t mean you shouldn’t also protect yourself

conner01

Reaction score
I believe all sides handled this wrong....the cowboys particularly if they weren’t up front and transparent explaining the language. I don’t think however the cowboys were trying to stick it to Gregory. I think very much that the fact that Randy’s agent is also la’el’s agent did have something to do with the negotiations.

feel like there was maybe some bad blood to begin with.
It would be foolish to give huge guaranteed money to a guy who hasn’t played a full season in the NFL in his entire career

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
When he ran like a disgruntled spoiled brat refusing to acknowledge the wording added on the contract is because of Gregory's own doing.
So Dallas drafts a guy that failed a test at the combine.... whose fault is that?

Control is the most satanic word mankind ever created. You start exerting too much control over someone and they will rebel. That's just human nature.

Carson

Reaction score
Right, that’s the point. Dallas adds the clause additional to the CBA just for fines

And he’s not a 30 year old agent, he’s been an agent for 30 years. I wouldn’t call that young
Which is why I call BS. Gregory had this language in his first contract. Another client of his La’el Collins signed a contract with the same lingo and terminology in the contract. So I find it hard to believe this is something Stephen tried to sneak in last second.

The way I read it is,

- Randy wanted to be in Denver
- Randy negotiated with Denver and agreed to terms
- They gave Dallas a chance to match, ultimately trying to get more money out of Dallas. Jerry tried to sell him on how they’ve been through so much
- Randy bought the cheese and agreed with Dallas
- Randy then gets cold feet, realizes he wants to really be in Denver
- Agent comes up with “bogus” way to make Dallas the bad guys and to get him in Denver

I just find it all ridiculous. They should’ve just came out and said, after everything Denver is just a better fit.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Actual CBA:
Article 4, Section 9 | NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) | Over The Cap

Voiding of Guarantees. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Section 9, a Club and player may negotiate the circumstances under which the guarantee of any unearned Salary (including, without limitation, Paragraph 5 Salary and/or future year roster bonuses, option bonuses or reporting bonuses) may be voided. This Subsection (g) only applies to the guarantee aspect of the contract provision, and not to the amount that can be earned, and in no way expands the permissible scope of Forfeitable Salary under this Section.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Which is why I call BS. Gregory had this language in his first contract. Another client of his La’el Collins signed a contract with the same lingo and terminology in the contract. So I find it hard to believe this is something Stephen tried to sneak in last second.

The way I read it is,

- Randy wanted to be in Denver
- Randy negotiated with Denver and agreed to terms
- They gave Dallas a chance to match, ultimately trying to get more money out of Dallas. Jerry tried to sell him on how they’ve been through so much
- Randy bought the cheese and agreed with Dallas
- Randy then gets cold feet, realizes he wants to really be in Denver
- Agent comes up with “bogus” way to make Dallas the bad guys and to get him in Denver

I just find it all ridiculous. They should’ve just came out and said, after everything Denver is just a better fit.

unless that’s not what happened. Why isn’t Dallas immediately debunking this? Could affect future signings

Brooksey

Reaction score

Fines for substance abuse not late hits on QB's.

Why? Because suspensions get lifted in plea's for bigger fines.

Carson

Reaction score
unless that’s not what happened. Why isn’t Dallas immediately debunking this? Could affect future signings
The initial report came out and looked like it was all Dallas.

The more that leaks it looks like more standard procedure for all of Dallas contracts.

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong and maybe Randy thought he could get this clause taken out.

We all just know Dallas wanted Randy. So I don’t think they’d do anything on their part to lose him.