Twitter: Voiding Deals for FINES is not used by any other team in the league

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
just think about it, this doesnt make sense.
jerry was not there as he had to call RG, dont know if even stephen was there, or where gregory was, I am guessing in denver.
So how could the cowboys give him a contract with more money, that he was ok with and then get cute lol??
The only way to send a new contract would be fax or email.
So randy is signing the new cowboy contract with more money and no clause,then all of a sudden what another contract comes thru with the clause and cowboys
say no sign this one !!
And then somehow they read the whole contract, and notice the clause, which I think would be in both or all 3.
So then there would be 3 contracts,
1 the one with money 5 mil less
2 the one with ok money or a match
3 the cute one with same everything but new clause !

That just doesnt make sense or sound right. it is possible only but only if that clause which is in all cowboy contracts, was not in the first 2.

Like I have said before , the agent lives in denver, may be a denver fan, and wanted RG to be a bronco, so all he had to do is point out that clause on last contract,
to RG and say they were trying to slip in a fast one on him.

I also heard it included being fined, but no team would put that in a contract.

The majority of the contract negotiations are verbal so the written language wouldn’t necessarily come into play until the end. Also the tweet seems to be saying the Cowboys never actually matched the as far as money either.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The majority of the contract negotiations are verbal so the written language wouldn’t necessarily come into play until the end. Also the tweet seems to be saying the Cowboys never actually matched the as far as money either.
ok so if they are verbal did stephen say at last min oh yeah and if you get find we will void all the guarantees!
Does that make sense to you?
he is a dummy, but that dumb??:huh:

And randy saying I dont like that ,clause, so take it out and I will sign!
and then stephen says no can do and expect him to still sign?
That is just too dumb to believe.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

When you only bust out language at the end, you're setting yourself up for this kind of last minute bail out.

Until there is a contract written down, both sides are imagining it as most favorable to themselves. You don't want that bubble burst at the last minute unless you think your negotiating partner had lost his options.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
ok so if they are verbal did stephen say at last min oh yeah and if you get find we will void all the guarantees!
Does that make sense to you?
he is a dummy, but that dumb??:huh:

And randy saying I dont like that ,clause, so take it out and I will sign!
and then stephen says no can do and expect him to still sign?
That is just too dumb to believe.

No they agreed on the numbers verbally, then when the Cowboys sent the contract Gregory and his agent saw the extra language in there. They asked the Cowboys to take it out and they refused so Gregory went with Denver instead.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No they agreed on the numbers verbally, then when the Cowboys sent the contract Gregory and his agent saw the extra language in there. They asked the Cowboys to take it out and they refused so Gregory went with Denver instead.
ok

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
but randy did not make that request, he just took the denver deal.

His agent said he gave Dallas the chance to remove the clause but Dallas's cap guy Adam said that the clause had to stay because Stephen said so. That is when Gregory said "F them".

Apparently Dallas refused to remove the clause like they did with Dak.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
His agent said he gave Dallas the chance to remove the clause but Dallas's cap guy Adam said that the clause had to stay because Stephen said so. That is when Gregory said "F them".

Apparently Dallas refused to remove the clause like they did with Dak.
ok but was that clause in the first contract they sent??
Why was adam doing the deal and not stephen?
I dont know who to believe, either way cowboys f up, and I am glad to see RG gone!
They now have 70 mil to spend elsewhere.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Any team in the league can do it it is part of the players union contract and the players voted to accept it It has never been enforced but it can be

erod

Reaction score
Clauses like that are in my contract. If you're a well-adjusted person, they're no big deal.

Companies use these all the time unless they're run by Mark Cuban.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score

This video sums everything up pretty well. According to Walker the Cowboys didn’t even start negotiations till the legal tampering period.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If I were presented with two options.

Option 1. If you get in trouble, your pay isn't guaranteed.
Option 2. No matter what, your pay is guaranteed.

Which would I take? I think you know the answer.
Stephen Jones isn't qualified to run a lawn business, yet he's a high profile GM. I hate the Joneses.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this isn’t true. If it’s not in the behavioral section of the CBA (which typical fines for on field play are not), it must be negotiated into the contract to be enforced

Article 4, Section 9 | NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) | Over The Cap

Voiding of Guarantees. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Section 9, a Club and player may negotiate the circumstances under which the guarantee of any unearned Salary (including, without limitation, Paragraph 5 Salary and/or future year roster bonuses, option bonuses or reporting bonuses) may be voided.

Dallas could remove guarantees for certain fines that Denver can not
That makes it the crux of the matter for Randy. I wonder what "unfinished" contract issues are remaining for Denver's contract with Randy.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The question is not whether who was what in the contract, but whether Fish was right, and the language in the contract is simply a reiteration of language already in the CBA.

But that should have been agreed on before presenting the contract, knowing that Dak's contract had no such language.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score

Shows how much reporters actually know. And how much some of you don't bother to do your own research. The raiders voided Antonio browns guarantees for conduct detrimental for his confrontation with their gm.