Von Miller: "I come from the DeMarcus Ware tree."

terra

Reaction score
Lots to blame coaches for but some things are player responsibility. You are quickly a veteran in this league & you realize what needs to be done on the field. He & his teammate should be communicating\coordinating their upfield moves. More importantly, the individual is responsible for putting in the work to be great. I never once saw the full pass rush arsenal from him til Denver. Maybe he realized his career was winding down. Maybe being on a team with a talented defensive front made him realize he had to expand his game so he wouldn't get embarrassed. Either way, he could have been using those moves during his career here.
And I call BS on your opinion. I watched the same games and see nothing of what you claim.

He finished in the top 5 all time in sacks. So frankly anyone with a logical bent has to look at your 'opinion' and laugh.

Of course a fair number of times he was also called offsides when film clearly showed he was not. And Jerry and the Boys never fought any of them.

terra

Reaction score
Him getting sacks in Denver compared to Dallas dosent exactly tell the story. In Denver he lined up opposite of Von Miller. In Dllas it was who?
Ellis for a bit was the only real complimentary pass rush threat we had while DeWare was here. I don't count 'Almost Anthony'

McKDaddy

Reaction score
And I call BS on your opinion. I watched the same games and see nothing of what you claim.

He finished in the top 5 all time in sacks. So frankly anyone with a logical bent has to look at your 'opinion' and laugh.

Of course a fair number of times he was also called offsides when film clearly showed he was not. And Jerry and the Boys never fought any of them.

I call BS on your BS. As I clearly said, I like the guy .... I'm just calling him out for not doing more, earlier to enhance his own career.

He didn't use the Freeny spin move very often or ever until late in his career. The moves he used in Denver were much more advanced & varied than he ever used in Dallas.

After the 2009 game against the Saints where he was dominant and really helped get the win, many would argue that he didn't get another meaningful sack in Dallas.

I vividly recall him being lined up against backups & rookies on multiple occasions & he would get a sack on the first play or possession & the announcers are talking about what a day it could be. Then he wouldn't be heard from again or until it was too late.

Unfortunately, I think he fell victim to the culture and simply relied on his physical skills for much of his career.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Getting back on topic, DeMarcus Ware should coach pass rushers for the Cowboys.

Maybe he can convince Miller to play for hometown discount.

Get the trifecta, 3 rings on 3 different teams.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

Absolute debacle that the Cowboys couldn't win at least one Super Bowl with DWare.

He was a diamond amongst trash. We’re not likely to win a Super Bowl with Parsons who may be an even better player. One great player doesn’t make a great unit. The Chicago Bears never even reached the playoffs with Dick Butkus. Takes a lot more than one great player to be a perennial playoff contender that can win a championship.