Von Miller: "I come from the DeMarcus Ware tree."

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I have no internet in rooting for players of other teams to win a Championship. Especially when they failed to do so here.

I'm a Cowboys fan. I don't give two craps about these players personally.
Same here. I also don't care about rooting against other teams anymore. Their failures don't make the Cowboys better.

quickccc

Reaction score

Cowboys Top FIVE all time pass rushers: (my list)
1 DeMarcus Ware
2 Charles Haley
3 Bob Lilly *
4 Randy White
5 Harvey Martin

Honorable Mention:

Jim Jeffcoat
LaRoi Glover
Ed too tall jones
Jethro Pugh *
George Andries *

Reactions: BAT

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And everyone used to blame Ware for the entire defense being bad.
The only thing I didn't like about DWare was every time he had a clean shot at the opposing QB, he would go give him a love tap instead of absolutely knocking that QB out of the game.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The only thing I didn't like about DWare was every time he had a clean shot at the opposing QB, he would go give him a love tap instead of absolutely knocking that QB out of the game.

This is a myth he went hard and tried to strip the ball..this is not factual. Show me the ease up on the QB he did. Everyone of his sacks is on you tube please show me how he is this....

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
This is a myth he went hard and tried to strip the ball..this is not factual. Show me the ease up on the QB he did. Everyone of his sacks is on you tube please show me how he is this....
It's a myth? Many times DWare went for the strip or arm tackling instead of pulverizing the QB. Arm tackle...arm tackle...arm tackle...instead of planting the T-bar of his helmet square on the chest or middle of the back of the opposing QB.

Here is 1 video. Many others like it. Where is the myth? This is proof.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Some fans get way too obsessed with players' salaries!! I believe Ware was let go because of his cap hit. Lots of fans wanted to let Ware go just because of his "cost". Screw the fact that he was our best defensive player!! smdh

100%.......I was posting at Ranch his last year as a Cowboy and it's was brutal. We even had a few posters willing to bet their house he was finished and lucky if any team wanted him as a free agent. What many overlooked or didn't care to see was he was playing his first AND only year as a 4-3 DE. Interestingly even after his release, he showed class but like here, there were still 2-3 posters with personal agendas who started threads attacking him as a Bronco. It was one of the most disappointing years to me as a fan coz I'd never seen such hate/attack toward a Cowboy legend.

terra

Reaction score
I am a Cowboys fan and have been since 1970. But I am also a football fan. Thus I can appreciate performances like Allen vs Mahoones. Arguably one of the greatest QB vs QB games ever.

and just because a player is no longer a Cowboy I will not treat him as an insect like some here.

SO I was rooting hard for a man who epitomized class and comportment and was one of the greatest of Cowboys to get a ring. I was not rooting for the Broncos that day I was rooting for DeWare to get a ring.

Frankly those who think otherwise are pathetic excuses for either fans or human beings.

MajesticRey

Reaction score

Unless they still have the ball firmly in their grasp, it can be very tricky to wallop a QB without getting a flag.

Or you would you prefer risking the 15 yard penalty?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Unless they still have the ball firmly in their grasp, it can be very tricky to wallop a QB without getting a flag.

Or you would you prefer risking the 15 yard penalty?
Uh, hello? There was no penalty for hitting a QB during D-Ware's playing days.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And everyone used to blame Ware for the entire defense being bad.

There is a certain strain of fans that focus on the teams best players and blame them for everything bad. We saw this with Romo and DWare constantly.

J_Allen

Reaction score
----- I come from the DeMarcus Ware tree

Does that mean that you cannot remember one sack of his that actually came at a significant time??? Yes, he is a class act. However, that is exactly what I think of when someone mentions D Ware.

They never did. They were all empty sacks for the most part. His defense blew so many leads and always shut down in December.

I don't miss him at all.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Depending on his production, we could probably get him in 2023 at 8-10M/year on a 1-2 year deal if we are in need of a pass rusher.

I know he is a big Cowboys fan growing up be pretty cool to see him end his career in Dallas and still showing good production. More likely a pipe dream