Von Miller signs with Bills **merged**

birdwells1

Reaction score
Some teams are following the Rams model of going all in...

The front office personnel has to win or they'll be fired so getting rid of good players is a hard no but not only that they are adding players to the roster. The sense of urgency is there, the Joneses will not lose their jobs no matter what so no sense of urgency at all, matter of fact they have a 20 year business plan on keeping the Cowboys competitive and in the limelight.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
The front office personnel has to win or they'll be fired so getting rid of good players is a hard no but not only that they are adding players to the roster. The sense of urgency is there, the Joneses will not lose their jobs no matter what so no sense of urgency at all, matter of fact they have a 20 year business plan on keeping the Cowboys competitive and in the limelight.
Correct,,,

X550i

Reaction score
Paying him 120 million is beyond stupid though. Big mistake by Buffalo if true.

The Bills are on the doorstep of a Super Bowl. They're following the Rams model and going for it. If Von Miller can make some huge plays in the playoffs to get them to a SB, it's worth it.
What's his guaranteed money? That's all that matters and they'll cut him after that. No way he gets the full 120M.

What's stupid is just wasting players in their prime, thinking the 'next' draft fills in holes. The Cowboys have lost their 'window' when the O-line was elite. Remember some on this board said last Cowboys had the best receiving core in the league, well that's gone. Our running game is mired in mud.
Last year's defense was great when it got turnovers. Without them, they were average.

I'm not saying the Cowboys should have paid for Von Miller; however, to say the Bills are stupid is ignorant.

dckid

Reaction score
Ooooffff.

That contract is crazy if true. I can't get on Jerry for not jumping on that.
Every deal is always expensive… what an idiotic way to think!!! Over the past 26 years either we are under the cap or over the cap, sell the freaking team if you do t want to pay the market value.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Every deal is always expensive… what an idiotic way to think!!! Over the past 26 years either we are under the cap or over the cap, sell the freaking team if you do t want to pay the market value.
But but but - that’s what they did w Dak ? Many think that was stupid to do ? so to be successful they should just pay the price
Gotcha

Reactions: CWR

X550i

Reaction score
Tells me Miller wants to win a ring.

Also tells me the Bills want a championship.
They are much closer than the Cowboys, which is why this deal is worth the financial risk.

Zoners need to quit looking at this from the Cowboys perspective, they're not sniffing the SB the next couple years, so paying for Von Miller doesn't make sense. But for the Bills it does.

X550i

Reaction score
120 mil for 6 years is an impossible deal for Dallas to match.

I thought the Bills may've been the best team in the playoffs last year.
Could be better in 2022

Correct, it doesn't make sense for the Cowboys.

However, your second statement is exactly why it makes sense for the Bills.

dckid

Reaction score
But but but - that’s what they did w Dak ? Many think that was stupid to do ? so to be successful they should just pay the price
Gotcha
I was against signing Dak, I would go on record as saying I was the most anti Dak signing guy on this board, but now we are in this situation do we just do nothing?
I am against Jerry’s we like our guys BS. The problem is Jerry is not trying to win a SB.

X550i

Reaction score
Buffalo is desperate to win a Super Bowl. Miller did have 9.5 sacks last season. Still heck of a lot of money but Buffalo is going for it they know they’re close.

Agreed, there's a risk, but how can you fault a FO that's willing to go for it. I can assure you their fan base is ecstatic because they're da*n close and can go toe to toe with Chiefs.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
I was against signing Dak, I would go on record as saying I was the most anti Dak signing guy on this board, but now we are in this situation do we just do nothing?
I am against Jerry’s we like our guys BS. The problem is Jerry is not trying to win a SB.
I don’t disagree with you
But
You can’t say spend the money on Von which is an insane amount for a 33 year old and justify it’s the market value ?
That was the starting qb market value too
Again not defending Dak or his contract
Stupid money going out on aged vets and mid tier players
I agree Dallas needs to do something if they want to make a move but they have done something in the past too and it got them nowhere
Brandon Carr
Etc etc
I think ownership
Needs to admit they’re happy with the way the team is performing
Continue blaming coaches
Keep thinking everyone wants to play for Dallas
And just go another 26 years of same old stuff

OR

just actually try something different

they won’t
We’ll continue to watch and suffer
That’s what sux

Reactions: CWR

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Also tells me the Bills want a championship.
They are much closer than the Cowboys, which is why this deal is worth the financial risk.

Zoners need to quit looking at this from the Cowboys perspective, they're not sniffing the SB the next couple years, so paying for Von Miller doesn't make sense. But for the Bills it does.

Exactly...............posters need to realize that the Cowboys aint contenders, we aint one player away.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Just embarrassing.

I dont know how many times I have to say it, but the Cowboys are not trying to "win it all" right now.

I belive it was Isaih Stanback on one of the podcast at DC.com that said "organically tank" by the front office. That is what we are doing, hell we didnt even make an offer to Von Miller, not even a low ball offer. What the hell does that tell you guys?