Twitter: Vontae Davis: "We're not 35 pts worse than that team"

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I have no problem with what he said, he just didn't say it well.

We didn't come out and say it, but several Cowboys had the same sentiment after thanksgiving.

I don't think we're 35 points better either, but only because I think the talent gap between most teams is pretty narrow, but sometimes you see a snowball effect.

But to say "that team" Davis words seem a little ... Harsh? Seems like an attack.

To which I say: doesn't matter. You lost by 35.

Undisputed

Reaction score
He's right. Truthfully no team in the NFL is 35 points better than another. If you were to bet on the game nobody in their right mind would bet a line that was the Cowboys -17.5, let alone double that.

I agree. And honestly I don't think we got the Colts' best shot. But I don't care either way. Our guys did what they had to do. Any team that doesn't bring their A game SHOULD be crushed by this team.

ringmaster

Reaction score
could have been worse, we called the dogs off in the 4th qrt as backups were all over the field for Dallas
True Dooms and had it not been for Randle fumbling inside of the redzone the score could've easily been 49-7.

PJDallasfan

Reaction score
He's right on my opinion they weren't 35 PTS worse than us they were 42 PTS worse than us cuz the refs scored their only TD for them. Two penalties that were very marginal and in really should not have been called the NFL just didn't want to see one of their playoff teams get shut out. Terrible!!

Cowboys for life!!:starspin:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
For the players yesterdays win only reinforces their mindset playing at home. To me it is about Confidence heading into the playoffs where doubts are eliminated from players minds

Ok. For you.

For me they are 4-4 at home.

Lost that home playoff game vs giants.

Winning will erase that. Not this game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Ok. For you.

For me they are 4-4 at home.

Lost that home playoff game vs giants.

Winning will erase that. Not this game.

I'm talking about players not having to field questions about not winning at home, yesterdays win should erase that and give players confidence heading into the playoffs. You need confidence heading into post season you need to eliminate doubts heading into the playoffs. Sure winning a playoff game at home is big and going into the game believing in your own ability is big

jrumann59

Reaction score
The punt fake really baffled me there. Momentum was not that far into dallas' favor. Doing the punt fake there and failing was higher risk than reward. I will chalk it up to Pagano being a fairly green HC.

JBS

Reaction score
Do you SERIOUSLY believe they were playing with focus? Everything they did reeked of the opposite. Dropped passes, penalties and generally doing everything under the sun indicative of a team lacking focus. Hey, I'm not minimizing anything -- we played just as well as we should have and won deservedly so -- no need to get our undies all knotted up, OK? The Cowboys should be congratulated, just as Indy should not be taken lightly by the next team that has to compete with them. I'm pretty sure they learned something by that experience. So did we.

I'm not upset over your post. I think it's foolish that so many people legitimately think teams with nothing to play for, just fold up shop and pack it in..it doesn't work that way...as a matter of fact, it's the exact opposite

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I'm talking about players not having to field questions about not winning at home, yesterdays win should erase that and give players confidence heading into the playoffs. You need confidence heading into post season you need to eliminate doubts heading into the playoffs. Sure winning a playoff game at home is big and going into the game believing in your own ability is big

Actually we don't disagree.

I just think the media will be on it STILL

nablives

Reaction score
I'll agree with Vontae, but the thing is, they were 35 points worse than the Cowboys yesterday, and that's all that matters.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Actually we don't disagree.

I just think the media will be on it STILL

Had it been a tight game maybe so, had it been a loss then clearly so. Media knows Dallas can win even vs top teams and seem baffled about home losses and Cowboys had no clear cut answers as to why. I think how Dallas won yesterday will put that to rest.

jrumann59

Reaction score
Had it been a tight game maybe so, had it been a loss then clearly so. Media knows Dallas can win even vs top teams and seem baffled about home losses and Cowboys had no clear cut answers as to why. I think how Dallas won yesterday will put that to rest.

One of the Cowboys media guys had probably the most logical, most of our losses just happened to days when our QB was hurt or getting his groove back or just flat sitting due to injury. SF Romo was not ready physically or mentally ready, WAS room got hurt, Ari Weeden started, Phi much like the SF game.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One of the Cowboys media guys had probably the most logical, most of our losses just happened to days when our QB was hurt or getting his groove back or just flat sitting due to injury. SF Romo was not ready physically or mentally ready, WAS room got hurt, Ari Weeden started, Phi much like the SF game.

I agree with that but it seemed strange that it would all happen for homes games.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
10-4 colts? Winning team. Dallas knows they can beat quality teams and have done so, winning like this at home I think does instill confidence that if they play to their ability they can win at ATT or a cow pasture or the parking lot. Fields do not win games teams do

Doomsday., I think you are still missing his point ... I believe future means they as in the colts haven't beaten anyone good in the regular season.. Not the Cowboys