Twitter: Vontae Davis: "We're not 35 pts worse than that team"

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
You know you're in a bad spot when the optimist inside of you says you're not 35 points worse than the opponent. You know you're in a really bad spot when your proclamation is met with some skepticism.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Every team has a bad day. And theirs came against a particularly good day for us. But if each teams' starters had stayed in the game, the margin would have been much worse for them.

roughneck266

Reaction score
Okay, Vontae. I'll agree that you're only, say, 27 points worse than the Cowboys. Feel better?

I wont. The score was 42-7. At this moment, you are 35 points worse. Dont like it? Score more points or stop the other team from scoring so many, otherwise you are who you are.

JBS

Reaction score
I think that game yesterday was indicative of what a team WITH FOCUS can do to a team WITHOUT it.

We simply must make it a point to stay focused and on track. What they need to do is up to them.

This is nonsense...and it minimizes our performance yesterday...it's a shame so many people think this way.."oh, the Colts didn't have anything to play for"..first and foremost, the Colts had a ton to play for and more importantly, teams that have nothing to play for typically don't perform any worse...

How about the skins?
How about the Bears?
How about the Browns?
How about the Jets?

These teams all came to play, some of them won outright, others gave their opponents fights down to the wire and were playing teams w everything on the line

It's incredibly how often this line of thinking is used...

Reaction score
The Colts have been owned by the Cowboys, Broncos, Patriots and Steelers this year. All playoff teams.

This is a one man team. Andrew Luck has virtually zero help. No running game and very little defensive help. And they will get exposed by good teams in the playoffs. Just like they did yesterday. No matter what Vontae Davis says.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Davis makes a true statement. But that can be said after any blowout loss in the NFL. It's like saying water is wet. What's the point? You got dominated - own it.

Jenky

Reaction score
The Colts have been owned by the Cowboys, Broncos, Patriots and Steelers this year. All playoff teams.

This is a one man team. Andrew Luck has virtually zero help. No running game and very little defensive help. And they will get exposed by good teams in the playoffs. Just like they did yesterday. No matter what Vontae Davis says.

Sounds like Romo for most of his career.

jrumann59

Reaction score
I think that game yesterday was indicative of what a team WITH FOCUS can do to a team WITHOUT it.

We simply must make it a point to stay focused and on track. What they need to do is up to them.

This is what I am worried about for week 17 with this teams. I do not think this teams is the same team of fragile psyche of years past but I think everyone should at least play a half. Athletes are a creature of habit and routine and voluntarily sitting guys I think can introduce a "funk"

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They're not but I said it when the Eagirls gave us a whooping. They simply at that time were a better team than us and as of right now the Cowboys are a superior team to the Colts. If we played next Sunday the outcome would more than likely be the same.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
This is nonsense...and it minimizes our performance yesterday...it's a shame so many people think this way.."oh, the Colts didn't have anything to play for"..first and foremost, the Colts had a ton to play for and more importantly, teams that have nothing to play for typically don't perform any worse...

How about the skins?
How about the Bears?
How about the Browns?
How about the Jets?

These teams all came to play, some of them won outright, others gave their opponents fights down to the wire and were playing teams w everything on the line

It's incredibly how often this line of thinking is used...

Do you SERIOUSLY believe they were playing with focus? Everything they did reeked of the opposite. Dropped passes, penalties and generally doing everything under the sun indicative of a team lacking focus. Hey, I'm not minimizing anything -- we played just as well as we should have and won deservedly so -- no need to get our undies all knotted up, OK? The Cowboys should be congratulated, just as Indy should not be taken lightly by the next team that has to compete with them. I'm pretty sure they learned something by that experience. So did we.