VOTE: Which set of coaching "Triplets" do you prefer?

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;1354575 said:
OPTION-1: N.Turner (HC); Rivera (DC); Garrett (OC).

OPTION-2: Rivera (HC); Singetery (DC); Garrett (OC).
I'm not sold on Singletary as DC. I don't think that the SF defense has shown enough progress yet to merit confidence in Singletary as a coach. So option #2 is out for me. (I'd have more confidence in Bowles as DC).

Assuming Sparano (as assistant head coach) works with Garrett, I don't think Turner is a must. But if I had to choose #1 or #2, I'd go with #1.

I hope Jerry Jones interviews/considers the Colts' Caldwell - if only to make everything a little less clear. :)

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
What if you could have one of two "bundels" of coaches for Dallas next season, and had to pick one or the other. Which of the two sets of "triplets" listed below would you prefer, and Why?

I must go w/#1.......although I would not be bent out of shape with #2.

It is my opinion we best cover our needs with option one.. Turner as HC covers Garrett's inexperience at OC. Both would be great mentors for Tony.

Rivera.....well no explanation needed. He's the DC this team has needed for a long time.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
What if you could have one of two "bundels" of coaches for Dallas next season, and had to pick one or the other. Which of the two sets of "triplets" listed below would you prefer, and Why?

Norval Eugene Turner is below average, boring and will do to Dallas what he did to the Skins and Raiders and recently the 49ers who play in a weak division.

goshan

Reaction score
I don't think Single and Rivera will be here together.
I think if its Single it will be Single as HC, Bowles as DC, Garrett as OC and Sporano as his right hand guy.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
since Singletary won't come here to coach D, and Rivera could be had as a DC, you should have option 2 as HC: Singletary, OC: Garrett, DC: Rivera

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
jgboys1;1354713 said:
2! 2! 2! 2! 2! 2! 2! 2! 2! 2! 2!
I realy mean 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, we'll put you down as undecided...

flashback

Real Man of Genius
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;1354587 said:

I have a real problem with hiring a lame duck coach. Who the heck is going to listen to a coach who has a history of being soft if they know his replacement is already on the roster? What million dollar baby is going to come in and listen to a coach who makes less then he does and who's contract is shorter then his is?

That's a stupid move IMO.

ABQCOWBOY, you are a mother****ing genius, do you know that? If I had a multi-million dollar organization, I'd put you in charge of it.

If you want Garrett to be your coach, Mr. Jones, then make him your coach. If you want Singletary to be your coach, make him your coach. I remember the last time you tried to stash a former player on your staff and "develop" him as a coach. How many superbowls has Wade Wilson won so far?

The only coach who might be able to pull off the whole 'interim' tag would be Reeves. He'd still have the problems described by ABQCOWBOY, but he'd probably be better at dealing with them.

I'm a big fan of Norv, but hiring him tells me 2 things: a) you don't trust Garrett and Romo to make the offense work, and b) you want to run your drafts and free agency without a lot of flak from your coach. I don't particularly want to hear either of those messages from the front office.

When its all said and done, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bum's son offered the job. And then you let him pick his DC. Like someone said, he's the least unqualified candidate.