Twitter: VP Jones says Schultz, Gallup and McGovern should be ready

blueblood70

Reaction score

Really want Gallup to get back out there soon.

Give him 10 to 15 routes.

Ease him back in.

add in let Mcgovern be bench depth but put peters back at LG for more snaps..need him fully ready in game shape for the rams-eagles..and no reason to get Kearse to Many snaps with Wilson playing so well. ease them all in, none should start or get heavy snaps.

blueblood70

Reaction score
fumbling has never been an issue with him, he has 2 fumble in his career, clearly fumbles happen to all who carry the ball
that Carolina game was bad last year but other than that no hes not fumbler however, we are winning by a bare minimum with Rush at qb can't have any mistakes really.

blueblood70

Reaction score
They plan on starting McGovern and bringing in JP for jumbo packages or starting JP and having McGovern do his FB 6th OL thing?

I hope it’s the latter.
id lie to have JP get far more snaps get more in game shape but dont mind a rotation.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
that Carolina game was bad last year but other than that no hes not fumbler however, we are winning by a bare minimum with Rush at qb can't have any mistakes really.

I understand that I also understand in football these things happen, if they were happening all the time then I would have a problem with that player but that is not the case for Shultz, Dalton was put up 8 TD receptions last season to tie for the most on the team. I get it people get their panties in a wad not based on overall play they get mad because they don't like the contract. Fact is he has done more to help this team than he has done to hurt this team.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Why the hell is Spawn of Satan saying anything? Keep things under wraps , OK?

blueblood70

Reaction score
I understand that I also understand in football these things happen, if they were happening all the time then I would have a problem with that player but that is not the case for Shultz, Dalton was put up 8 TD receptions last season to tie for the most on the team. I get it people get their panties in a wad not based on overall play they get mad because they don't like the contract. Fact is he has done more to help this team than he has done to hurt this team.
i diont say bench him but id like to see more snaps for the their TES going forward, Schultz im betting is done here..his prixce tag far too high for what he brings and if the rooks are even close, you go younger and cheaper.

that other post said IF ....

Doomsday101

Reaction score
i diont say bench him but id like to see more snaps for the their TES going forward, Schultz im betting is done here..his prixce tag far too high for what he brings and if the rooks are even close, you go younger and cheaper.

that other post said IF ....

I know that my response was more to comment before yours. As for contract that is the stuff for off season right now I don't care about what any player is getting paid, there is a time and place for everything and right now it is time to play ball. Schultz bring good play to this offense and has shown it over the last 2 season. I think if people expect to see the Cowboys continue to win Schultz will be a big part of that. After the season then Cowboys must address what they plan on doing to schultz.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I know that my response was more to comment before yours. As for contract that is the stuff for off season right now I don't care about what any player is getting paid, there is a time and place for everything and right now it is time to play ball. Schultz bring good play to this offense and has shown it over the last 2 season. I think if people expect to see the Cowboys continue to win Schultz will be a big part of that. After the season then Cowboys must address what they plan on doing to schultz.
but that guy said IF

Jarntt

Reaction score
Thankfully the coaches don't need to worry about any of this. They've got the Jones boys to let them know who is playing...

Jarntt

Reaction score
Why in the world would they bring back McGovern into the line-up and sit Peters, when he is a clear upgrade over McGovern? That makes zero sense…you play your five best lineman…and McGovern is not one of them.

This is exactly the type of idiot, amateur move that I would expect from the Jones’.

I would sit Schultz as well; I think both of our young TEs played well enough to give them more snaps.

As far as Gallup is concerned I think he needs to sit until he is 100%…we will need him when we play better defenses.
Sit Schultz? I don't even understand some of these comments. Nice game by the rooks last week and I'm psyched about both of them, but come on. If you don't see Schultz's value over them (since we are already paying him anyway) on obvious passing downs...:confused: He still has almost double the receptions of both of them combined even though he missed last week's game. The overreactions are a little too strong here IMO